Game-Labs Forum

Resources slots bigger than 10000

Hhahahahahaha….  They need to be wayyyyyyy SMALLER.   Even with 500 people, we're at the point where trade has dried up because everyone has endless amounts of everything they need for the next 2 years....

DECAY of goods and Max. warehouse WEIGHT

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Hhahahahahaha….  They need to be wayyyyyyy SMALLER.   Even with 500 people, we're at the point where trade has dried up because everyone has endless amounts of everything they need for the next 2 years....

Sooo...make everyone spend a week or two hauling stuff and hunting for overpriced materials just to make their next ship they're going to lose in a day or two? 

I personally think the resource/mat stack caps are perfectly reasonable and we really have no need to adjust them at this time.

I still always have space in my outpost warehouses and honestly never keep a large overhead since I just end up using it. 

I know of some folks who have a shitton of resources, but never understood why since they aren't being efficient in using them. On top of it being early access and a wipe coming you'd think we'd use it more.

Edited by Teutonic

54 minutes ago, Barbancourt said:

Sooo...make everyone spend a week or two hauling stuff and hunting for overpriced materials just to make their next ship they're going to lose in a day or two? 

well that would make people think twice before spewing out expensive l'oceans for any screening or hostility mission. Let alone prioritize expensive high tier ships in portbattles like we mostly have now a light mix of 2nd rate spam and some frigates

Edited by Guest

53 minutes ago, Wyy said:

well that would make people think twice before spewing out expensive l'oceans for any screening or hostility mission. Let alone prioritize expensive high tier ships in portbattles like we mostly have now a light mix of 2nd rate spam and some frigates

It will make people think twice before sailing or engaging at all. 

1 hour ago, Barbancourt said:

It will make people think twice before sailing or engaging at all. 

Yes.  Its true.  It's amazing how many people can't get over their fear and/or not wanting to sail in a "sailing game".

And as far as: 

3 hours ago, Barbancourt said:

How do expect to have an "economy" if there is only "supply" but no "demand"??

Edited by Vernon Merrill
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wyy said:

in matter matter may i ask?

In my view, for players who choose not to cheat take an unfair advantage with alts spend a higher percentage of time for their character to gain assets.  Same for solo players not creating assets as a role player for clan.  If you have only a few hours a week, instead of a few hours a day, to play the game, your progress is also much slower.  Decay will affect you more.  If you choose to log in once a month, do you then have to use all your assets in one playing session?  If you play 30 hours a week you can gather it, craft it, fit it, sail it, lose it, and recycle the process several times before any decay sets in.  So just in my view, it affects the solo or casual much more.

• Like 8

The assumption that every player is or should be a crafter for himself and a PvPer (or just consumes ships regularly) is wrong and should be wrong. The hardcore player may be able to achieve that but it shouldn't be the rule. 

Crafters and PvP/ combat player should be distinct classes in the game. That way, decay of goods makes sense. Plus the warehouse shouldn't be a bottomless pit and the stacks should be smaller.

Edited by Sella22
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Yes.  Its true.  It's amazing how many people can't get over their fear and/or not wanting to sail in a "sailing game".

It has nothing to do with "fear".  Nobody is "afraid" of pixels.  It's a matter of not wanting to waste good resources (often clan resources) and the time invested in them.  If you have a good ship then you don't want to waste it on a meaningless random battle.  If that ship was even harder to acquire you're going to be even more risk averse.  So...you keep that precious ship stored for the group activity or RVR you hope will happen some day, and rarely happens anymore.  But if you have the resources to build another one securely tucked away in your warehouse you'll be far more likely to sail it.

2 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

How do expect to have an "economy" if there is only "supply" but no "demand"??

As it is there is no "economy" because everybody is hauling worthless fake junk like Sevilla Muskets and Textile Machinery instead of crafted goods that have value, and also sinking brainless AI ships pays far more than it should.  We also don't have a functional marketplace in the game anyway.   

Edited by Barbancourt
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Barbancourt said:

Most people will want to do both. 

There shouldn't be a need to do both. It doesn't happen in most MMOs as well. Every class has its purpose .If the PvPer needs a ship, he buys it with the money he has made from fighting. The crafter uses the profit he had made to buy or make resources to keep going. Simple as that. Let the people who dedicate themselves to that be meaningful in game.

Edited by Sella22
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jean Ribault said:

In my view, for players who choose not to cheat take an unfair advantage with alts spend a higher percentage of time for their character to gain assets.  Same for solo players not creating assets as a role player for clan.  If you have only a few hours a week, instead of a few hours a day, to play the game, your progress is also much slower.  Decay will affect you more.  If you choose to log in once a month, do you then have to use all your assets in one playing session?  If you play 30 hours a week you can gather it, craft it, fit it, sail it, lose it, and recycle the process several times before any decay sets in.  So just in my view, it affects the solo or casual much more.

I play my 5 chars more like a mini clan and I view that when I test things.  4 of those 5 are in the US and only one is a crafter and the other hauls stuff while two are pure combat.  The last my Spanish I hardly ever log in and I don't use him to get resources.  So with that I see how small clans can struggle if they don't get organized and that is why I make certain suggestion when I do about game play.   A solo player should not have to get alts to play the game, but they also shouldn't expect every thing in a day or two or even a weeks time. I remember my first ship I had crafted for me was a Suprise. It took me a good part of a month to gather up every thing and hand it to Speedfreak to get him to craft it as I just made Master Com (I also waited until I made rank to crew it).  I loved that ship, had it well until I switched over to pirates when I gave it to a lower level clan mate to grind out in.   That how it should be, but for folks saying econ is dead and there is no player econ apparently play in nations that don't help each other out.

As crappy as RvR/PvP players as US is many of them are very good at the trade/crafting game (casual players that enjoy that).  I don't even have to use my alts to get certiain things I just post up and some one fills the contract for me in Marsh Habrour. I always put it up close to what I would pay EU trader to give them a goo profit for there time and I still kick out a lot of shallow ships to keep the players in ships in the shallows.   We even now have a trade channel in discord to tell folks when you post contracts in certain ports so we can help each other.  The econ can be done, but the problem is the players most nations have.  It's the clans that work together that seem to get and understand the game, it's the solo's and die hards that don't understand crafting that keeps thinking it's dead or broken.  DOes it need working, oh hell yah it needs a lot of working and hopefully this econ patch will help out a lot and allow them to do more with that once they have time to work on it.

1 hour ago, Sella22 said:

The assumption that every player is or should be a crafter for himself and PvPer (or just consumed ships regularly) is wrong and should be wrong. The hardcore player may be able to achieve that but it shouldn't be the rule. 

Crafters and PvP/ combat player should be distinct classes in the game. That way, decay of goods makes sense. Plus the warehouse shouldn't be a bottomless pit and the stacks should be smaller.

This is a sandbox so there should be no classes, but we do have ranks and options for folks that want to be pure combat/crafter or a mix of both, perks need to be redone and split between your crafting and combat ranks.

One of the problems we have is we don't give the crafters/traders tools to do there thing.  They need a bit of safe zones, they need the support of the PvP players that just want to hunt them not understanding they are all gone, they get no ships crafted.   There should be more perks to player crafted ships over notes.  Notes should never be anything other than blue ships with a perk only crafted ships should have the chance for purple or gold ships and only in ships crafted out side of safe zones too.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Barbancourt said:

Most people will want to do both. 

4 out of 5 of my chars are RA the last one is Commodore that I have ranked up purely on RvR and PvP.  All 5 are level 50 crafters.  So yah folks will want to do both, but some folks just hate crafting so they shouldn't have to, but also there are some folks in this game that want to jsut trade and craft and they should be allowed to and that would help support the game.  I used my chars as an example that I'm one of those guys I want all my options to be fully open. I can switch any one of them around to craft if I need to as I also buy all the BP's and unlock all ships on them too along with Mod BP's and such so they can do what ever I want them to.  That is an optoin that we have in this open world sandbox game.  Any solo player can do the same too.

and I'm far from a casual as I have over 9K hours in this game (1K of that is prob AFK falling asleep at the keyboard).  I spent a lot of time in this game when I wasn't working most of all last year.

The fact remains:  When you can stack 10000 of everything, eventually everyone has "unlimited resources" and things dry up.

Money is useless.

Why even have economy when people have everything they need 100X over?

The austerity patch was brilliant.  People actually FOUGHT over stuff....  people were forced to do things other that Capital camp and night flip.

The sweet spot is finding a balance of "wanting" a resource vs. "needing" as resource, which OP mods led to.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

What about decay for ships when sailing and in docks. Ships should be less durable the more you use them and do repairs at ses.

Unless you have copper plating your ship should lose speed until you can clean your hull. 

Crew provisions should be added and be needed for your crew to be at good morale and able to perform in battle.

Be carefull what you wish for. 

4 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Your not the only one that is why wo and LO I haven’t had an issue with.  So much cedar too lol

Which I think creates the current "we have 'unlimited' resources feeling.

I bet if assets were wiped now, there would definitely be a lot of fighting. I suppose we have to wonder if 3 months down the line after an asset wipe, what would it look like.

I think it comes down to the problem where people with alts in different nations can just easily create contracts for rare resources. It makes one side not have to fight for ports or resources. Which is why the suggestion to allow clans to control who can buy stuff from their ports was, in my opinion, a good suggestion.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Niagara said:

What about decay for ships when sailing and in docks. Ships should be less durable the more you use them and do repairs at ses.

Unless you have copper plating your ship should lose speed until you can clean your hull. 

Crew provisions should be added and be needed for your crew to be at good morale and able to perform in battle.

Be carefull what you wish for. 

All of that sounds perfect to me.