Game-Labs Forum

A Crowd-Sourced Treatise on Leadership

jpjchris

Greetings kind gentlemen and ladies,

List your top attributes of a wise leader/well-operated clan here. I shall begin:

COMMUNICATION. One must communicate well, first and foremost, for their jolly crew to succeed.

STRUCTURE. The intricate knowledge of building a successful organizational structure is critical. Arguably on par with communication....however I feel that communication is without doubt more important.

EMPATHY. Without the emotional ability to feel how one's crew feels, one places themselves in a disadvantageous place.

-

Share your thoughts and musings. I pray that this thread will stand as a resource to the leaders of our wonderful little Carib, and add to the spice of life.

With Sincerity,

JPJChris

Edited by jpjchris
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

Designate new commanders everyday, have them decide what to do. For good or for worse stick to his plan, win and sink together. Becomes less boring, more interesting, more fun. No tears, loss is temporary.

You posit an interesting idea....I feel one would risk inexperienced commanders at times of great importance with this model, however.

Experience in tactics and strategy are also critical elements. So I suppose Knowledge would make a good addition to initial list.

7 minutes ago, jpjchris said:

You posit an interesting idea....I feel one would risk inexperienced commanders at times of great importance with this model, however.

Experience in tactics and strategy are also critical elements. So I suppose Knowledge would make a good addition to initial list.

That's why I suggest a new rank.  Taken from amongst clan leadership in the larger clans.  Maybe only officers of a clan (of over 20 members?) can nominate a candidate. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jpjchris said:

Long term investment and solid establishment of equivalence ( anyone is adequate enough as group ) versus short term results and organisational burden on the same core ( reliance on individual commanders ).

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

That's why I suggest a new rank.  Taken from amongst clan leadership in the larger clans.  Maybe only officers of a clan (of over 20 members?) can nominate a candidate. 

This would be incredible....hopefully the devs wish to experiment.