Game-Labs Forum

AFK fishing guide

jodgi

We almost never talk about this, do we? I wonder why we only whisper about it in remote recesses or giggle with guilty pleasure privately?

I have an insane impulse to do a write-up on afk fishing. It would amuse me to do it with a serious face.

Is there even interest in such a guide, or does EVERYONE already do it routinely?

• Like 6

I was recently doing paperwork and was fishing at the same time.  I sailed to a secluded island and anchored near shore in a small bay.  I had the game running but was not paying attention.  Caught a lot of fish by the time I finished the paper work. No bottles.

I would only do this with a ship that I'm prepared to lose.  It is very risky.

From time to time I see ships anchored in a odd place.  I assume the player is afk fishing. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Le Raf Boom said:

3 components required - traders brig, square fort, dead port.

True, lol. Doesn't make much of an entertaining read, though. It's also too risky for me because I do this wholesale and over long periods of time. Can't have some alt noticing my afk-er and coming with his main to pick up my five bottles, forts be damned. You also end up with bottles in remote locations and that can be a drag to transport; Either the bottles or the loot.

The Russians do this up in Bermuda. I was there a few weeks ago and saw three big ships afk-fishing during off hours. I bet a raider squad could go into Bermuda during EU work hours and limp away with a few bottles. Also, I'm half expecting bottle drops to be turned off in zones or close to ports at some point.

On 9/20/2018 at 6:49 PM, jpjchris said:

I have immense interest in this proposed guide.

Cordially Yours,

JPJChris

On 9/20/2018 at 3:47 PM, Macjimm said:

I was recently doing paperwork and was fishing at the same time.  I sailed to a secluded island and anchored near shore in a small bay.  I had the game running but was not paying attention.  Caught a lot of fish by the time I finished the paper work. No bottles.

I would only do this with a ship that I'm prepared to lose.  It is very risky.

From time to time I see ships anchored in a odd place.  I assume the player is afk fishing. 

On 9/20/2018 at 2:07 PM, z4ys said:

When sailing I am never AFK. I am always watching the horizon.

Please tell me how to be AFK and fish.

It's up!

• Like 1