Game-Labs Forum

A Tribunal against Hethwill The Harmless For being unable to remain unbiased in his moderating duties

Repeatedly (and I am not the only one who has noticed him doing it) Hethwill has been unable to keep his emotions in check or remain unbiased when perfrom his duties as moderator on the forums.

Recently he has become rather aggressive and rude in his replies, sometimes being outright argumentative just to be an arse. He often deletes or edits people's post if their opinions clash with his own. 

The worst thing about him editing those posts is that he can do it in a way that shows no "edited" tag meaning that he has at times deliberately adjusted posts to how he sees fit and in ways that do not reflect the opinion or sentiment that was originally intended but as far as anyone one the forum is concerned that is what you intended to say when it was in fact not.

He has used the same methods to edit his own posts without giving it the "edited" tag so that if proven wrong he has been able to say "that's not what I said though is it" (I have to say admin has been guilty of this at least once that I have noticed a couple of months back)

He has a habit of taking a thread off-topic (usually some tangent about coffee or some other crap) and then "verbally" warns others not to do the same.

*Now I am fully aware that I am not the politest of people on here and never will be, HOWEVER I am not charged with being a community leader*

All in all, @admin if this is what you consider to be a suitable "role model" (can't think of a the actual word I mean) then it is no wonder Naval Action has the playerbase that it does.

Thanks

Edited by NethrosDefectus
  • Like 19

1 minute ago, Borch said:

Well, got to admin I dont understand why this post was deleted:

HAHAHAHAHAHA! 

Combat news is just full of 

"Boarded player"

"Boarded player"

"Boarded player"

"Boarded player"

"Boarded player"

"Boarded player"

"Boarded player"

"Boarded player"

"Boarded player"

Good move devs 

While it a bit cheeky, its still in topic and true. Whats the reason for deleting it?

I’d say that post it in line with Hethwills own coffee post..

Given I was in a board meeting since 13:15 until right now ( you know proper RL important stuff, not hobby stuff ) I have no clue what you are talking about, but okay captain, I can take it.

Bring it. Load double shot. Make sure to make it double charge as well. Fire away.

My Privateer will dodge all your random fire rage.

~S~ 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Repeatedly (and I am not the only one who has noticed him doing it) Hethwill has been unable to keep his emotions in check or remain unbiased when perfrom his duties as moderator on the forums.

Recently he has become rather aggressive and rude in his replies, sometimes being outright argumentative just to be an arse. He often deletes or edits people's post if their opinions clash with his own. 

The worst thing about him editing those posts is that he can do it in a way that shows no "edited" tag meaning that he has at times deliberately adjusted posts to how he sees fit and in ways that do not reflect the opinion or sentiment that was originally intended but as far as anyone one the forum is concerned that is what you intended to say when it was in fact not.

He has used the same methods to edit his own posts without giving it the "edited" tag so that if proven wrong he has been able to say "that's not what I said though is it" (I have to say admin has been guilty of this at least once that I have noticed a couple of months back)

He has a habit of taking a thread off-topic (usually some tangent about coffee or some other crap) and then "verbally" warns others not to do the same.

*Now I am fully aware that I am not the politest of people on here and never will be, HOWEVER I am not charged with being a community leader*

All in all, @admin if this is what you consider to be a suitable "role model" (can't think of a the actual word I mean) then it is no wonder Naval Action has the playerbase that it does.

Thanks

All moderator actions are reviewed by Game Labs and by other moderators.  You should be thankful you still have posting abilities after the mess you put into a feedback thread.

You may message me with one or more particular threads you claim were edited to back up your claims.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Tried to send @Henry d'Esterre Darby a message as requested by him but received the error

"Henry d'Esterre Darby cannot receive messages."

Great work as usual

Maybe it should be starting to dawn on you where the source of the problem lies?

1 minute ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Maybe it should be starting to dawn on you where the source of the problem lies?

This particular one does without a doubt lie with the moderators :) I'm sure they will fix it

All moderator actions are reviewed by Game Labs and by other moderators.  You should be thankful you still have posting abilities after the mess you put into a feedback thread.

You may message me with one or more particular threads you claim were edited to back up your claims.

• Like 2

My box was full, please try again.

As to PMs regarding moderation, those are never responded to per instructions from GameLabs.

As a moderator that is often called upon for more difficult issues, I don't ignore anyone on the forums.  Please stop such speculation, it doesn't help anything.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Henry d'Esterre Darby said:

My box was full, please try again.

As to PMs regarding moderation, those are never responded to per instructions from GameLabs.

As a moderator that is often called upon for more difficult issues, I don't ignore anyone on the forums.  Please stop such speculation, it doesn't help anything.

Wait? So the rule is "do not respond to anyone complaining about moderators"? 

So there is no point in me messaging you at all then.

Moderators can behave how they like without consequences?

No wonder Gamelabs and the moderators have such a negative image on steam

Thanks for your time

Edited by NethrosDefectus
  • Like 1

The rule is not to respond to people questioning why you moderated something or criticizing your moderating - 9 out of 10 times it's counterproductive.  Complaints may always be made and will always be investigated.  Either you'd like me to look into this, or you don't, in which case the matter will be closed.  It's up to you.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2018 at 7:28 PM, Christendom said:

Nethros should be able to lobby a complaint if he feels it’s necessary.  Locking his thread and ignoring him is not how to handle this situation.  

Ive got a PM into Darby questioning his moderation that has gone in unread for months.  

The complaint is here and and is in the open.

On 9/19/2018 at 8:07 PM, NethrosDefectus said:

Wait? So the rule is "do not respond to anyone complaining about moderators"? 

Discussion of moderation is usually not allowed, but moderators should never cross the line and break the forum rules themselves. If they break them you can complain.  Moderators are volunteers, and do not have to reply PMs just like you dont have to.

The post does not contain anything to discuss. When filing complaints against moderators please provide the subject of the complaint.
For example if you complain about verbal abuse (its against the rules) - quote the verbal abuse.