Game-Labs Forum

HRE is almost DEAD, LONG LIVE CABAL

Pit Pinsel

4 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

HAVOC attacked Maracaibo many times. They won after all. British nation after thousands of attempts finally captured back George Town and Little Cayman (with HAVOC help). You simply can't be a winner if you give up. 

Yep that you are right in. But oure topic what the consequence of limited the acces to the best Woods and upgrades, not how yoy train and improve your skill.

1 minute ago, Abram Svensson said:

When rediii and me were in Sweden and the war against Denmark with RUS and RDNN started, people saked us what we do when they shoot us to the safezone.

We said we gonna sail Fir and Oak ships then and board us a Portbattlefleet.

But unforenaly in my opinion the fewest have that approach to a game.

1 hour ago, Banished Privateer said:

Nations have thousands of players, clans usually have  5-40 players (speaking about active numbers, don't tell me about clans with 200+ members...)

1. This will end up national unity drama. Treaties, deals, pacts, diplomacy, all of that will be clan2clan. No more crying about people destroying treaties or not honouring them or who is controlling the nation.

2. Fix for economy alt warfare. That's a big, big one. Game changer I would say. 

Big clans will still ally and nothing will change that, but I do believe it will remove unneeded national dramas caused by big clans making decisions for entire nation. Now every time you decide on something, you must always repeat 50 times "We do it on behalf of our own clan only" blah blah.

Why do nations have to be destroyed to stop trading by alt chars? If I remember correctly, some time ago, you or redii suggested that the port owner should be given the opportunity to determine who may trade in his port. That could easily be regulated with appropriate friend lists. In this context, it would also be great if the port owner could even specify it for individual types of goods. Result, unauthorized alts can not deal anymore. Such a regulation would even provide for content and more interaction between the players.

Personally, I would very much regret it if the nations disappeared, as they provide me with their historical background a wonderful platform to identify me with it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

No one wants to destroy nations, a mechanic that you describe is what we want. More clan tools, more clan mechanics. Nations can be as they are.

Didn’t you argued that nations should have no importanse in RvR, because created toxic inviroment. I also think it was implied that clan should be able to make Alliances acros nations. Would that not just make the nation an empty Shell??

Edited by staun

2 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

For training and improving skill, you don't need woods? Just practice, practice, good teacher. 

Access is limited, but always possible. Players always sell teak, WO in free towns, players always sell ships in free towns. You can always make deals with other clans and nations to purchase woods.

I would like to remind you that when AHOY and I played in GB, we didn't have WO for months, we traded it with US nation. Yet... GB nation controlled ports from Campeche to Cartagena, it was one of the largest and strongest nations on the server with possibly Sweden being still stronger at the peak of its power and dominance. 

Everything can be bought. I know because I for long time sold teak to the price that was shameful to britts. But if we end up where ppl need to grind more and more gold, to buy ships.  I fear if ships get to expensive ppl just won’t take them out. 

But can it only be bought because it as it is now is impossible to prevent. What will happend is a clan has the total control and only svares with its friends. Start to talk about an toxic inviroment.

You say if it get clan based and more limited. RvR will give more purpose and therefore will get more. I claim it will have the opesit effect. 

Edited by staun