Game-Labs Forum

Overloaded shipwrecks

I just got this shipwreck today: 

shipwreck.jpg.942b9e9e1e9cd120892177f8cac504e0.jpg

Why does a basic cutter have over 1,000 cargo?? I thought the point of the ship names was to give the player an idea for the amount of cargo to be expected? I am suggesting 1 of 2 things: 1) make the cargo weight equal to the ship's maximum hold OR 2) take ship names off of the shipwrecks. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Capn Rocko said:

I just got this shipwreck today: 

shipwreck.jpg.942b9e9e1e9cd120892177f8cac504e0.jpg

Why does a basic cutter have over 1,000 cargo?? I thought the point of the ship names was to give the player an idea for the amount of cargo to be expected? I am suggesting 1 of 2 things: 1) make the cargo weight equal to the ship's maximum hold OR 2) take ship names off of the shipwrecks. 

Is it in shallow water zone?

6 minutes ago, Ink said:

Is it in shallow water zone?

No this was in deep water. BUT this does not change the fact that it is a basic cutter with almost 1100 cargo. It's misleading and makes no sense. I think it would be an easy fix to take the ships's name off of the shipwrecks (ex: "deep water shipwreck" or just "shipwreck"). After all, the shipwreck itself looks the same in OW.

• Like 2

Removing the name of the wreck is simple. Its not like they use the ship model of what ever ship the wreck say it is. 

Having the shipwreck weight being within +-100 weight of the chosen ship would be fantastic, but a much more complex fix then simply editing the code to name all shipwrecks "shipwreck". If they want some depth to the game they can add ship names for the RNG to pull from. Could be real ships or just a list of randomness the Devs team comes up with. 

The depth of which they can go is endless with shipwrecks. Many players would love a good depth to them such has the ships being named. Coming across a random ship wreck out at sea. Again the possibilities are endless. 

• Like 2

The ship is random part of the wrecks that has nothing to do with the size.  What I would like is if we could only load what we want from them.  There been time I ran out from opening a bottle at Marsh Harbor and while it was in deep water get to it to find it's over 2K and I have to go back to port, get an Indianman from way up north.  Telport it to Cabo (can't do that any more) and than sail over to the shallows to pick it up.  When the only reason it's over 2K is cause of the trade good in the hull.  Which I could live without when I only want the other goods instead.   The goods in the shipwreck should go off what port you open the battle in. If I open a bottle in the shallows it should not weigh more than what a Trader Brig can pick up.  If I open it in deep water port I would limit it to LGV more than the Indianman.  Since I never see the wreck as a trade ship I would actually limit it to what ever the biggest war ship cargo space is.

• Like 1

A ship hold window opens when you interact with wreck just like your fleet ship, transfer any good you want. If some goods are left, wreck appears on map in few minutes :)

Give proper ship names to wrecks

Indiamen greater than 1900, 

Lgv 1900-1700

T Brig less than 1700

Etc.

Edited by AeRoTR

9 hours ago, jodgi said:

The whole point of making us go out with large traders to pick up bottle loot is to make it a risk/reward thing. In many other threads you all celebrate high risk for big reward; Why do you feel different with wreck loot?

I agree that choosing which cargo to take from the shipwreck is bad for risk/reward and I don't think it should be changed. I think some cool things could be done to make the shipwreck system more interesting but I pick and choose my battles. For now, I just want names taken off of the shipwrecks (or just name all "Indiaman") so they are not misleading other players.