Game-Labs Forum

Retag griefing

It was a 1v1, juan was going to completely decrew you but said screw it lets end it with a board and then everyone gets PVP marks shooting you. 

I cannot understand how some people defend their shortcomings with so much rage and lies.

It was 2 hours by the way. 1 hour and 48 to be exact but I rounded up for ya.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sir Malachy Karrde said:
  1. You can try to justify the chain tagging all you want, but the fact of the matter is, you did it, it's a bad game mechanic and it needs addressed. The only people defending it are the guilty parties. 

You lost because you had no crew, juan still had chain he just stopped using it. 

Learn from your mistakes.

1. If you hunt alone in capitals you will likely be attacked
  2. Outnumbered you are an easy target, even more of a target because of "you're never going to catch me" comments... 
  3. Remember its a game... how much time are you wasting raging out on the forums about a gank?
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, koiz said:

It was a 1v1, juan was going to completely decrew you but said screw it lets end it with a board and then everyone gets PVP marks shooting you. 

I cannot understand how some people defend their shortcomings with so much rage and lies.

It was 2 hours by the way. 1 hour and 48 to be exact but I rounded up for ya.

1st you cannot completely decrew someone. Second, the first tag near the capital which was a surprise and a bellona, occurred at 4:41 pm my time. The last encounter ended at 8:22 pm my time. 3rd, you knew after the second tag that I had to go, and I had been very nice to you all, even explained to seraphic why my trinc was outrunning him even though it was slower. You knew I had to log and you kept at it for another two hours to get your kicks. Finally forcing me into an upwind battle that I had to either accept the requin boarding eventually or fight 3 ships. Seraphic was 300 yards behind me and that indefatigable was about half a mile behind him. You set that last gank up right, had you done that the first time, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Instead your nation griefed me for nearly 4 hours.  Just the fact that you had all that time to get two requins set up outside la Mona is game breaking.  

I have no trouble with a good fight, even a gank done right is fine, we all do it. What I don't do is grief someone for over 3 hours. That is the only unacceptable behavior that occurred tonight. 

Oh yeah, you also knew I wasn't hunting, I told you early on I was merely passing through. If I had been hunting I'd have had a few friends with me. 

How did we grief you, for 3 hours? we chased you and finally caught you, we didnt tag you and run away just to the tag you again to keep you in battle. When you go on about decrew, the battle i was in where it ended in a 2v5, our bellona ended up with 180 crew!! 

Finally its not our issue that you had to go, i can just imagine that from now on, hey guys it looks like im not going to win this battle, i gotta go my dinner is ready, can you let me go lol

• Like 3

Wasnt hunting, sorry thats right, you were just passing through, taking that ship back to KPR from Aves to deal with the french. Never knew the danish capital was between Aves and KPR. 

I also find it very hard to believe that if you had found a danish or swedish trader you would have just happily sailed by!

Edited by Hammy
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hammy said:

How did we grief you, for 3 hours? we chased you and finally caught you, we didnt tag you and run away just to the tag you again to keep you in battle. When you go on about decrew, the battle i was in where it ended in a 2v5, our bellona ended up with 180 crew!! 

Finally its not our issue that you had to go, i can just imagine that from now on, hey guys it looks like im not going to win this battle, i gotta go my dinner is ready, can you let me go lol

I escaped you all 3 of 4 battles. I mentioned after the 3rd that I really had to get going because supper was ready. And you went at it again. Don't worry, I'm going to refer this to tribunal and verify that this sort of behavior is acceptable. Either way the devs are going to have to weigh in. Just so we are clear, I didn't come here to name and shame you guys, I did come to address a mechanic that is a poor mechanic in my opinion and is long overdue to be addressed. You guys were the ones who named yourselves, so that's on you. I'm going to be very clear in my tribunal post that I'm not looking for your punishment, but I do want the developers to weigh in on this issue. 

1 minute ago, Sir Malachy Karrde said:

I escaped you all 3 of 4 battles. I mentioned after the 3rd that I really had to get going because supper was ready. And you went at it again. Don't worry, I'm going to refer this to tribunal and verify that this sort of behavior is acceptable. Either way the devs are going to have to weigh in. Just so we are clear, I didn't come here to name and shame you guys, I did come to address a mechanic that is a poor mechanic in my opinion and is long overdue to be addressed. You guys were the ones who named yourselves, so that's on you. I'm going to be very clear in my tribunal post that I'm not looking for your punishment, but I do want the developers to weigh in on this issue. 

Oh please be extremely clear when you tribunal this, because i have a funny feeling there going to laugh. This happens everyday, and again it happened to me 2/3 hours before we saw you. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Sir Malachy Karrde said:

1st you cannot completely decrew someone. Second, the first tag near the capital which was a surprise and a bellona, occurred at 4:41 pm my time. The last encounter ended at 8:22 pm my time. 3rd, you knew after the second tag that I had to go, and I had been very nice to you all, even explained to seraphic why my trinc was outrunning him even though it was slower. You knew I had to log and you kept at it for another two hours to get your kicks. Finally forcing me into an upwind battle that I had to either accept the requin boarding eventually or fight 3 ships. Seraphic was 300 yards behind me and that indefatigable was about half a mile behind him. You set that last gank up right, had you done that the first time, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Instead your nation griefed me for nearly 4 hours.  Just the fact that you had all that time to get two requins set up outside la Mona is game breaking.  

I have no trouble with a good fight, even a gank done right is fine, we all do it. What I don't do is grief someone for over 3 hours. That is the only unacceptable behavior that occurred tonight. 

Oh yeah, you also knew I wasn't hunting, I told you early on I was merely passing through. If I had been hunting I'd have had a few friends with me. 

Lies. I know Trump tells everyone its ok to lie now but it isn't and you will be called out on your bull.

• 1st you cannot completely decrew someone.

Yes you can, either with boarding or through grape and damage. Try shooting other areas next time you use grape... or running away when others use it...

• Second, the first tag near the capital which was a surprise and a bellona, occurred at 4:41 pm my time.

Just another national you came across... is he also an bad person for protecting his waters next to HIS capital... but since he's a dane lets extend the timeline and act like you were hunted by us all night... the bellona wasn't us but he sure as hell alerted his fellow mates.

• The last encounter ended at 8:22 pm my time.

Our chase started at 19:08 (7:08) and ended at 20:48(8:48)

• 3rd, you knew after the second tag that I had to go, and I had been very nice to you all, even explained to seraphic why my trinc was outrunning him even though it was slower.

You were salty the whole time, saying your friends were coming in the first battle and beyond. You were basically throwing salt off your ship.

Its not our job to accommodate the enemy,  this isn't your game.

• Finally forcing me into an upwind battle that I had to either accept the requin boarding eventually or fight 3 ships. Seraphic was 300 yards behind me and that indefatigable was about half a mile behind him.

Juan got a few shots of chain on you then decrewed you to where any boarding would be in his favor. You didnt fight you ran from a requin. 

• Just the fact that you had all that time to get two requins set up outside la Mona is game breaking.  

Another lets blame the DLC for our mistakes eh! It was 1 requin... where was your friend in his requin you threatened? 

• I have no trouble with a good fight, even a gank done right is fine, we all do it. What I don't do is grief someone for over 3 hours. That is the only unacceptable behavior that occurred tonight. 

You didn't fight, for two hours you ran because of a fir teak ship... you blame us for missing your dinner that's all you bud.

Like we said in battle, you should of went AFK in that fleet you tagged.

Leaving that battle was the end for you. 

Edited by koiz
  • Like 2

kek, So many people quit because of retagging, escape only to be tagged again over and over. I was once retagged over and over for 2 straight hours. Lol, people just don’t have that amount of time to sit infront of a screen. This is why myself and 20+ other people I played with will never play again. There is no real way to escape a battle, and that makes NA Unplayable for people who have lives or don’t want to surrender everytime they escape and get retagged. It wasn’t so bad before with log out after battle, now it’s unplayable (was when over 600 online). 

Edited by Sureshot

First of all, I'm not looking to get anyone punished. But I want the developers to weigh in on this problem and this is the fastest way to get your attention. 

in a nut shell, I was sailing a fairly fast ship. For almost 3 hours they tagged and retagged me, and in battle kept me tagged even though they didn't have a prayer of catching me with the ships they had. Finally, over 3 hours after the first encounter, they finally got a pay to win DLC ship in place and finally managed to trap me. I was forced to remain in game in order to be chain tagged and griefed for almost 4 hours. 

My question is this: is it acceptable to chain tag someone and waste their time for almost 4 hours? Especially when you failed over and over again to bring the battle to conclusion? Where is the line between an acceptable tactic and griefing? Why is there no mechanic in game that allows a player to break off action to deal with real life? Why must a player be forced to either remain in game at the whim of a childish foe or lose a ship? 

I can understand the two hour battle timer, but after that battle, players who failed to catch you in that battle should not get unlimited attempts to try again until they get it right.  Especially when by doing so they waste 4 hours of someone's time in order to do it. 

The sequence of events are as follows: 

1. Danes tagged  me near their capital with 5th and 3rd rates

2. Danes attempted to tag  me a second time, I counter tagged an npc and escaped them  again. 

3. Danes tagged again, east of La Mona. Again I outpaced them. This time they had two DLC ships outside the battle, a clan mate tagged one, the other chased me north with several more Danes in frigates. During this battle I informed them I was over due for supper. We had a fairly amiable conversation and I even explained to them why their frigate that was faster than me couldn't catch me at that tack. Apparently because I chatted with them they decided to keep griefing me. 

4. They chased me north and tried to tag a couple more times and failed, then tagged a 4th time. This time they got a pay to win ship into the battle which finally allows them to run me to ground. Their behavior however, forced me to remain in game over 2 hours longer than I should have. I had no recourse to break the unending chain of attacks. My options were to fight heavier ships massively outnumbered, or try to keep running and hope I could break the chain tagging. 

As stated in my thread, a tag cooldown timer, a limited number of return to port options (1 or 2 per day to use in an emergency when one has to log and cannot engage in the chain tagging that goes on) or going to a world of warships model where loss is irrelevant could solve this exploit of game mechanics. 

I appreciate your attention to this as if this is acceptable, I intend to keep chain tagging people in the future as eventually a person can get lucky if you tag someone enough and keep them in game for 3, 4 , maybe even 5 or 6 hours, the possibilities are endless.  If it's not acceptable and not fitting in the spirit of the game, I'd like you to weigh in there too and find a solution. 

As I said before, I'm not here to get anyone in trouble, I'd just like it in black and white so I can plan accordingly and deal in kind. 

Regards, 

Mal

Edited by Sir Malachy Karrde
  • Like 1

If this is going to be looked into please look into my battle earlier in the day :) Im so upset about it aswell

Was chased around for 2 hours, to then get a clan member to join me and had a great battle in a 2v5 while losing my ship. It was unfair that they had more ships then us. Please find a way to even this out

Edited by Hammy
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Sir Malachy Karrde said:

I was not enjoying the gAme. Who enjoys being chain tagged deliberately over and over again. And I was tagged 3 times by you guys plus my counter tag of the npc. I don't surrender to gankers. I even offered a 1 vs 1 to the guy in the most similar ship to me and you all declined. You aren't the first to chain tag someone over and over again, but it's a prime example of a broken mechanic. A 2 hour battle should be the longest you can hold someone in game. 3 hours and 41 minutes is ridiculous.

there are 3 ways to deal with this: 1. make ships permanent like world of warships.

2. Put a limited number of teleport to outposts after battle.

3. Place a cooldown timer as suggested earlier. 

There is no excuse for the behavior that occurred tonight. 

What part of 'hardcore' and 'realistic' didn't you understand from the store page? And I think you would've enjoyed the game if you had found that juicy trader you were looking for.. as it were you found three players in warships and are now wasting page after page after page crying about it. Tagging and retagging is a feature - nothing exploitable in that as long as they actually go for the kill and not just for wasting your time. What I don't understand is that with 10 sec of invisibility and a fast trinc - how didn't you get away?? Only answer I can think off is that you picked the most obvious escape vector and as such was killed by sheer incompetence.

Simple rule to play by: - Sail in enemy waters and expect to be hunted.

Bad excuses from poor sailors: - "Ehm I'm just passing through"... Right - funny how that gets thrown around when players die. "ehm dinner is on the table bois could we do this some other time?" another great classic. Didn't want a fight in DK waters? - how about steering around out of sight... That really doesn't require a lot of effort, you could even log off in OW then...

7 minutes ago, Hammy said:

If this is going to be looked into please look into my battle earlier in the day :) Im so upset about it aswell

Was chased around for 2 hours, to then get a clan member to join me and had a great battle in a 2v5 while losing my ship. It was unfair that they had more ships then us. Please find a way to even this out

😆😆😆😆😆😆🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by koiz
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sureshot said:

I was once retagged over and over for 2 straight hours. Lol, people just don’t have that amount of time to sit infront of a screen. 

Two player game

• Each player owns an opposite side of a chess board.
  • A coin toss decides who moves first.
  • One checker is placed in one of the center 4 squares of a standard chess board.
  • Each player can move the checker any direction one square.
  • Players alternate turns, of moving the checker one square, for 5 moves each.
  • If the checker is moved to a square adjacent to a players side, the player who owns the side gets a prize.
  • The player that gets a prize moves second on the next match.

I read this whole thread and can't understand how anyone can be forced to stay in game.  I often don't have time to play for hours.  Seems like the way to succeed is so obvious.

CB05177-2.jpg?1534152438

Edited by Macjimm
spellingk
  • Like 1

Tagging someone 4 times and failing 3 and taking almost 4 hours to make the kill is griefing and wasting my time. Had you concluded the action in the first or even second battle, it wouldn't have been an issue. Instead you chain tagged me for almost 4 hours before you finally managed to set up a situation where I had no option but to fight at an extreme disadvantage. The poor players here are the Danes. If the situation was reversed, I'd have finished it in the first attempt. 

3 minutes ago, Sir Malachy Karrde said:

Tagging someone 4 times and failing 3 and taking almost 4 hours to make the kill is griefing and wasting my time. Had you concluded the action in the first or even second battle, it wouldn't have been an issue. Instead you chain tagged me for almost 4 hours before you finally managed to set up a situation where I had no option but to fight at an extreme disadvantage.

2 times within 2 hours. Keep lying if you want but its a lie. We won in the second battle.

The poor players here are the Danes. If the situation was reversed, I'd have finished it in the first attempt. 

So hard to attack those traders! /s

Edited by koiz