Game-Labs Forum

Retag griefing

Something needs to be done about the constant re tagging after battle. I was tagged 4 times tonight by the Danes. And retagged over and over again forcing me to play the game 3 hours longer than I wanted to. My suggestion is to make a 15 minute cool down after a battle where the same nation cannot retag a player again. If you escape in battle you shouldn't have to face 11 more players waiting in the middle of the ocean to retag when you get out of battle and griefing someone for 3 hours, actually closer to 4 is ridiculous. Discuss 

proposal: 15 minute tag cooldown after battle where defender cannot be retagged by the same nation. If the defender of said battle tags a member of said nation cooldown timer expires and battle is open and positional joining like a reinforcement zone battle. This will prevent abuse of the cooldown timer. 

Edited by Sir Malachy Karrde
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Arthur Dayne said:

Twice... We tagged you twice... and we ended up catching you so it wasn't exactly griefing. If you had other responsibilities you can always yield the ship.

3 times plus a counter tag of my own. You were only around for one or two of them. I shouldn't have to yield my ship just so a bunch of gankers can get their boners off just so that I can log off of a game. You guys wasted nearly 4 hours of my time while you set up your perfect gank situation. The first battle is enough for anyone. If you cannot catch and kill someone in a 2 hour window, you do not deserve to try again indefinitely. 

The other option we can put back the teleport to port at the end of battle like we used to have. I think a cooldown would be better but we didn't have douche bags tag griefing like this when we had teleport to port option. 

And for the record you only caught up to me after calling your entire nation to help and finally getting a pay to win ship in position. You wasted a total of 3 hours and 41 minutes of my time. I told you in the first failed gank that I had to go. Instead you retagged me 2 more times after that and chased me accross half the map. That's griefing plain and simple and it's unacceptable in an online game. 

Edited by Sir Malachy Karrde

image.png.4c84fedf979069083d572cae6f7399fd.png @Sir Malachy Karrde I hope the salt helps with that cold dinner...

It was 2 tags.

You tagged an AI fleet to run away and for some reason you left that battle... Your mistake

Then we tagged you on your way to la mona. 1st Tag

You escaped that battle and ran to Macao where the final tag happened. 2nd Tag

Our endless drive to catch you was fueled by your comments in chat. We sunk ya deal with it, your ship wasn't even good.

Edited by koiz
  • Like 4

So...Here is the math as it stands.  You tagged an AI fleet about 11k NE of La Mona in hopes of evading the danes chasing you. You  promptly left that battle and got tagged by Seraphis in a pirate frigate. That battle ended with you outrunning all of us, and leaving the battle. After which, you sailed NW by W to Macao and got tagged before you could reach the port and in that battle you were killed. I was on TS with the fleet the whole time, so if I'm missing anything please illuminate me.

unknown.png?width=1442&height=564

• Like 4

My definitions on griefing may be a bit off.. But isn't griefing denial of enjoying the content of the game? This seems like the opposite, you were "forced" to enjoy the game... But as previously mentioned you could've just surrendered.. Not like ships matters in the game..

5 minutes ago, koiz said:

image.png.4c84fedf979069083d572cae6f7399fd.png @Sir Malachy Karrde I hope the salt helps with that cold dinner...

It was 2 tags.

You tagged an AI fleet to run away and for some reason you left that battle... Your mistake

Then we tagged you on your way to la mona. 1st Tag

You escaped that battle and ran to Macao where the final tag happened. 2nd Tag

Our endless drive to catch you was fueled by your comments in chat. We sunk ya deal with it, your ship wasn't even good.

If my ship wasn't even good, why did it take you 3 hours and 41 minutes to catch me? Juan almost lost the boarding with 3 times my crew. No, it was griefing and you just admitted it. I'm referring this to tribunal now, thanks.

Go ahead and tribunal it, you got tagged twice and lost a ship. Same thing happened to me today with the dutch, i killed one of there players, they chased me for i'd say around 2 hours i would say. Tagged me two times, and then by the time i got out of the 2nd battle i managed to get a clan member over so at least we could fight them. The 3rd tag ended up as a 2v5 and we both got sunk, they lost two ships but we all had fun. You went hunting, got in over your head got tagged a couple times, and got sunk. Sorry to say its part of the game

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sir Malachy Karrde said:

If my ship wasn't even good, why did it take you 3 hours and 41 minutes to catch me? Juan almost lost the boarding with 3 times my crew. No, it was griefing and you just admitted it. I'm referring this to tribunal now, thanks.

Because we are playing naval action and you had this next to your name: image.png.4296e201c02a0212ca54146b2713ec84.png

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sir Malachy Karrde said:

Just where do you see an admission of griefing? Hunting and killing someone is within the rules of the game..

Just now, Lars Kjaer said:

My definitions on griefing may be a bit off.. But isn't griefing denial of enjoying the content of the game? This seems like the opposite, you were "forced" to enjoy the game... But as previously mentioned you could've just surrendered.. Not like ships matters in the game..

I was not enjoying the gAme. Who enjoys being chain tagged deliberately over and over again. And I was tagged 3 times by you guys plus my counter tag of the npc. I don't surrender to gankers. I even offered a 1 vs 1 to the guy in the most similar ship to me and you all declined. You aren't the first to chain tag someone over and over again, but it's a prime example of a broken mechanic. A 2 hour battle should be the longest you can hold someone in game. 3 hours and 41 minutes is ridiculous.

there are 3 ways to deal with this: 1. make ships permanent like world of warships.

2. Put a limited number of teleport to outposts after battle.

3. Place a cooldown timer as suggested earlier. 

There is no excuse for the behavior that occurred tonight. 

10 minutes ago, Arthur Dayne said:

So...Here is the math as it stands.  You tagged an AI fleet about 11k NE of La Mona in hopes of evading the danes chasing you. You  promptly left that battle and got tagged by Seraphis in a pirate frigate. That battle ended with you outrunning all of us, and leaving the battle. After which, you sailed NW by W to Macao and got tagged before you could reach the port and in that battle you were killed. I was on TS with the fleet the whole time, so if I'm missing anything please illuminate me.

unknown.png?width=1442&height=564

I was tagged near the Dane capital as well. Before I counter tagged the npc fleet. 

1 minute ago, Hammy said:

Please tell me where the 3 locations "OUR" tags where?

Yeah you wanted a 1v1 and we offered one to you... Trinc v Indef. You said no

I said similar ship. The indef was not even close to as light as my trinc. The only ship you had that was close was seraphis. I miss redii and the real Danes.

Just now, Sir Malachy Karrde said:

I said similar ship. The indef was not even close to as light as my trinc. The only ship you had that was close was seraphis. I miss redii and the real Danes.

What does it matter? You lost 1v1 to a requin... 203x crew damage. \

You had the balls to call out juan in the battle but he had complete control over you, no chance buddy.

He didn't even have repairs.

• Like 3

Just now, Hammy said:

Who tagged you at Dane capital, because it wasnt any of us, we first see you at Fredericksted

Don't remember, I don't even remember half your names. Seraphis was the only real threat to me in your entire group. The pay to win ship is the only reason you finally got me and that was only because I couldn't turn to deal with him without having seraphis sailing up my stern. 

This time the chain tagging worked out in your favor. I think I'm gonna spend a few nights in Dane country chain tagging you guys and see how much you like it. You want to be griefers, I am more than willing to play that game. I've got pay to win ships myself. Just don't use them due to the cheese factor.

2 minutes ago, koiz said:

What does it matter? You lost 1v1 to a requin... 203x crew damage. \

You had the balls to call out juan in the battle but he had complete control over you, no chance buddy.

He didn't even have repairs.

Was 3 vs 1. And he came pretty close to losing that boarding. Had it been truly 1 vs 1, and seraphis wasn't pounding me with broadsides while I was in boarding, that fight wouldn't have even been close.