Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Banished Privateer

Alt Account trolling nation chat

14 minutes ago, qw569 said:

Is it not enough to Report and Ignore?

Prussian nation chat is always very peaceful and quiet without toxic players, we would like to keep it that way (unlike other nation chats full of dramas and salt)

Edited by Banished Privateer
  • Like 2

Well here the question is wether or not he harrasses in nation chat or not. What I can tell is that he is probably a spy, though he doesn't admit to it at any point. I also see that ForFoxxeSake calls him a cunt in chat - this is basically a violation of chat rules. I also see that Algernop returns the favor by generalising all ALOHA players as cunts. This is ofc a rude generalisation, but I don't really see his infringement being any worse or any better than ForFoxxeSake. Ignore and report should be more than adequate.

2 hours ago, z4ys said:

Doesnt alts have to stay quiet spys?

Not necessarily, but they may not harrass, defame or block playing the game for other players.

Alts trolling in enemy nation chat is a stated violation of rules.  Fry him.

Another reason alts should be banned, people will never control their alt behavior.

• Like 3

I believe there is precedence on this issue, that (repeatedly) disrupting nation chat as an alt of another nation is punishable by permanent chatban on said alt. However I failed, for now, to dig up any specific case that confirms this precedence. I only found the comment by admin that OP already linked above.

Regarding the proofs in this case, this is obviously an alt as OP alleges. However, the bar for what is proven is higher than for what is "obvious". The statements shown in the screenshot could all in principle have been made by any disgruntled player, even one who is not an alt. Devs could investigate this user, but they usually require either concrete proof, an admission or repeat behaviour before that happens. In my estimate I'd say that the screenshot provides evidence enough to warrant an official warning for profanity use (given the context), and regardless, that if he is ever reported for disrupting nation chat again, or display any kind of "altish" behaviour - which would take this from being "possibly" a one-time rant to constituting repeated disruptive behaviour - then the account should be permanently chat-banned.

So why are you all so ofended? This 'alt' is basically questioning youre enemy choices. Pointing out that you are a strong pvp nation and still choose to attack noobs...just like this lot: