Game-Labs Forum

Surprise Buff

Suggestion is simple. The Herc and Requin are both destroying the Surprise in 1v1, lets give the Surprise some HP or something to be able to compete better. The Surprise is one of the most famous ships in the game and (aside from its sailing profile) it is one of the least desirable 5th rates and is rarely chosen by hunters anymore. Admin is already talking about rebalancing ships to make the Connie perform better, all I ask is that the Surprised is looked at too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Banished Privateer said:

I believe ship HP is linked to thickness and mast HP and mast thickness, seems like all of that is synced together.

So if my suggestion was to increase HP, that would mean mast thickness too. I wrote OP before I had my coffee this morning, I'll update later to make more clear. 

Just increase Surprise mast thickness some and she'll do fine. HP and hull thickness seem reasonable to me right now. But I won't sail a Surprise till I get a gold one (or 5 slot purple) so I can double stack Kiritimati and Elite French Rig, just so I can stand a chance of keeping my masts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HachiRoku said:

I'm sorry, I can't find the part where I am in the opposing ship 😛

was global tho :P But cerb is a nice ship and i would call her balanced between surprise reno. But herc screwed that up. Herc is a threat to any 5th.

Edited by z4ys

9 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

but Renomee definitely beats Surprise if it's not kiting and running away. 

It does?  I had trouble controlling the Renault efficiently when the new sailing physics started, and gave up on it at the time.  However, I made a new one yesterday to experience some Renommee nostalgia.  It isn't too much of a lightweight?

9 hours ago, z4ys said:

was global tho :P But cerb is a nice ship and i would call her balanced between surprise reno. But herc screwed that up. Herc is a threat to any 5th.

i am not disagreeing that its a good ship. I am telling sruPL that a suprise is not the weakest 5th rate.