Game-Labs Forum

Alt tracking

On 9/12/2018 at 3:15 PM, William Wade said:

Anti Cheat has every relation to alts! Using alt accounts is considered cheating in multiplayer gaming and AC can detect multiple accounts from one IP address and ban them. There is no good reason to allow alt accounts they wreck every game mechanic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheating_in_online_games

No where it states having alts is cheating.  Many games allow multi chars and multi accounts.  Now what you do with them is what abuses the rules.  A player with one account can cheat and abuse the rules just as easily as some one with 5-10 chars. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

A player with one account can cheat and abuse the rules just as easily as some one with 5-10 chars. 

Come on. How does a player with one account Alt farm?

How does a player with one account trade as one Nation then sell or trade those goods to his Alt account? A player with an alt account can cheat, exploit, and grief a lot easier than a player without an Alt. 

I am sure the ONLY reason why alts are allowed in this game is because it is another $40 for game production. 

If alts had no impact on game then we would all be allowed multiple characters without having to buy a second game.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Crow said:

This helps to lessen alt use not increase it.

On paper, you are correct. But if alts still exist in any number at all (as they do now, and always will, if not banned) they will continue to disrupt fair and equal gameplay for all of those who don't choose to or can't afford multiple accounts.

Crusty makes a great point: "If alts had no impact on the game then we would all be allowed multiple characters without having to buy a second game".

So I say, let's do it! If we're not going to ban alts, then let everyone have 3 separate characters at one time on the server. IN FACT, make it an affordable DLC! Let us all have the opportunity to get in on the action! Three separate in game nation/characters with Prolific Forger? Hell yeah!! 

The Dev's would probably make more money if they did this than they would off of alt accounts; and it would help level the playing field for those who don't have alt accounts.

Come on Game Labs, let's do this!

Edited by Captiva

5 hours ago, Old Crusty said:

Come on. How does a player with one account Alt farm?

How does a player with one account trade as one Nation then sell or trade those goods to his Alt account? A player with an alt account can cheat, exploit, and grief a lot easier than a player without an Alt. 

I am sure the ONLY reason why alts are allowed in this game is because it is another $40 for game production. 

If alts had no impact on game then we would all be allowed multiple characters without having to buy a second game.

It's not alt farming it's still farming.  Ok let me make this simple for you.

"Your US right?"  "I'm Spain."   I contact you and say, "Want to farm PvP?"  We meet at a location and we kill each other on the hour every hour in cheap store bought ships.   That is how you farm PvP marks and other things.  We have caught more folks solo chars farming marks than we have caught Alts being farmed so game mechanics can be abused by just about any one, it has nothing to do with alts or not.  Actually this way of farming would be way easier to do than alt farming.  Cause if you get a group together you can switch out the names of who gets what kills so there isn't as much of a pattern.

Any thing that you would call alt abuse can be done by solo players too.   

I have 5 accounts and I have never abused my accounts (well on testbed I abused the crap out of them, but that was for testing.)   So just saying cause some one has alts they are cheating and abusing the game.  I'm doing nothing that a small clan of 5-10 players can't do with a little organization and solo accounts.  I'm just a bit more organized about it than they are.

CAUSE THEY WON"T MAKE MORE MONEY HAVING MULIT ACCOUNTS ON ONE GAME. And this day and age specially for an INDY company it's all about the amount of money you can squize out of a game.    Many games have gone away with the multi chars to only a few and than if you want more you have to buy (with real money) more char slots or copies of the game.  Funny thing is all my chars (4 of them) that wasn't my first I didn't pay more than 20 bucks for cause I bought them on sale.  Never pay full price for things you can catch on sale.

Most of the folks that get caught abusing alts tend to get caught doing other shady things against the rules, it has nothing to do with the alts, it has to do with the players themselves.  Normally a cheater is going to cheat no matter if they have alts or not.  Alts just make it easier to catch them doing so.

Texas, farming by an individual with no alt accounts means they MUST know somebody in a different Nation that is also willing to cheat. With an Alt you only need yourself. Much easier. You can argue that but nobody will listen. There is no need for you to get upset and say shit like “let me make this easy for you” especially when you are wrong.