Game-Labs Forum

Le Requin is ruining the game for me!

1 hour ago, Angus MacDuff said:

There were fleet actions in the Caribbean and even some of the big fleets that fought elsewhere passed through.  We all know the history.  There were not any fleet actions of Lanteen rigged ships. 

Fleets of Russians first rates raising KPR.

Fleets of Prussians hunting Mortimer to death.

Fleets of Polish.....well maybe not.

Pirates in oceans and santis, a pirate nation.

The Swedish nation taking whatever port they want.

Yep, but its the old DLC Requins, that really break my immersion in the historical Caribbean.....

😂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, z4ys said:

Ships with more than 20 broadside guns restrict my choice of ships and hurt my feeling while sailing a lynx.... It hurts me. Now all shallow draft captains lets unite and show the damn SOL captains that their ships have to go.

Its all about the POV.

This just shows how little you care about the game.

3 hours ago, Coraline Vodka said:

We didn't have the crafted by tag in 2016 or maybe not can't find the patch notes for it lol 

*sigh* that’s what you get from my post? Well, I really don’t remember if they did or didn’t. When you looked at ships for sale they listed who was selling them. Aside from that I don’t remember.

Lost 3 Xebecs in the last 48 hours... 😣

- couldn't push a Bucentaure ( was testing force push ) and was eventually vaporized in 1 broadside. Add that I was dismasted right at the start of the battle by the same Buc.

- was shot to pieces by another Bucentaure and Hercules

- also sunk my own xebec by mistake while switching ships ( such a muppet i am... )

6 minutes ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

- couldn't push a Bucentaure and was eventually vaporized in 1 broadside after being dismasted

- also sunk my own xebec by mistake while switching ships ( such a muppet i am... )

Muppet activity aside, this is as it should be.  Were you solo hunting?

1 minute ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Muppet activity aside, this is as it should be.  Were you solo hunting?

Nope. 

First battle Xebec and Prince versus Herc and Buc. ( o7 DNP )

Second battle versus 1 Buc anchored at Navasse, we had a lot ( 1 herm, 2 hercs, 1 wapen, 1 agg, 1 xebec ). French veteran did kick our newb noses. ( o7 Dizzwho )

twitch highlights should be up later today. Both were awesome battles.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

- couldn't push a Bucentaure ( was testing force push ) and was eventually vaporized in 1 broadside. Add that I was dismasted right at the start of the battle by the same Buc.

None of this is Surprising or abnormal. I think that everyone would expect a Buc to blow you out of the water if you let him get a broadside on you. None of this has anything to do with what we have been saying about the Le Requin. It is a 6th rate DLC ship that has no equivalent 6th rate craftable ship. 

9 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

None of this is Surprising or abnormal. I think that everyone would expect a Buc to blow you out of the water if you let him get a broadside on you. None of this has anything to do with what we have been saying about the Le Requin. It is a 6th rate DLC ship that has no equivalent 6th rate craftable ship. 

I did a Buce 1v1 😈 with Requin.

And Buce + others in Requin group

I know double post but some fellows like to read salty threads instead of feedback threads.

The original post can be found here:

Grape vs Le requin before and after crew hotfix (9. August) Sorry for the late video

Because of the half moon shape of the xebec I advise to use unlocked sector to get highest crew dmg or shoot the guns one by one and aim every gun proper, otherwise the half moon shape will eat 3/4 of the locked sector fired broadside. (Dont try to stern rake).  All decks have crew as long the grape hits the deck it will do dmg.

• Like 1

Stern shots have to be low, very low.

Was doing range shots, calmly, into xebec stern at the lowest possible and the effect is visible. Structure gets damaged.

There's maybe too much deflection by the shape angle BUT if shots hit that area they will damage.

So...

Easy to get carried away with a rolling broadside across her stern but do little given all the shots are high and basically just damage the quarter elevated deck ( which has nothing beyond it ).