Game-Labs Forum

Le Requin is ruining the game for me!

19 minutes ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

Test. Do not give it in easy Crusty. Test and test more.

I totally unboxed the free one we all received. I played with it in the Patrol Zone but ultimately lost it in a Port Battle at Little Harbor that had all Le Requins on each side.  I admit that I do not like the ship. I believe along with the majority of players that it is bad for the game. I will not buy a bad product of the game just because I like the game. A DLC ship should be unique but not overpowered. I know you think it is not, but an overwhelming majority of players thinks it is. Ultimately, because of this ship (notice that even though players think the Hercules is OP it does not receive anywhere close to the amount of negative feelings that the Le Requin does ) the game has a greater chance of failing than succeeding. The poll results make that very obvious.the majority of players in the world do not want a P2W game and the opinion of a majority of the players is that the Le Requin is just that. 

In a couple of other threads I had you guys quoting me and saying show proof. You see the poll results but still will not see.

2 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

the amount of negative feelings that the Le Requin does

pls list what gives you bad feelings like....

• It can sail upwind and deny kill
  • it has 250 crew and gives my 230 surprise challenge in boarding
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

I do see that there's opinions, there's lies, and there's facts.

You cannot have two of those together.

What does that matter? If people will quit the game or not buy it in the first place because of the opinions of the ship, what does it matter? Right , wrong, truth, and lies matter nothing if the game will fail because of that ship, or for that matter future OP DLC ships?

10 minutes ago, z4ys said:

pls list what gives you bad feelings like....

• It can sail upwind and deny kill
  • it has 250 crew and gives my 230 surprise challenge in boarding

Why bother? The opinion of the majority has been written all over these Forums for all to see. If you ignore them, you will ignore what I say.

Why bother? The opinion of the majority has been written all over these Forums for all to see. If you ignore them, you will ignore what I say.

All i read was mimimi i was sunk. So pls be the first to add something usefull

Edited by z4ys

1 minute ago, Old Crusty said:

For centuries almost if not all mankind called to a poll would vote that Earth is flat.

But reality and truth are not democratic.

And indeed Earth keeps being spherical.

Opinion, impressions and feelings have nothing to share with facts.

Someones replied to your critics point by point, letter by letter.

Can you explain a reasonable and meaningful analysis of strenghts and weaknesses of an hunting Requin?

1 minute ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

For centuries almost if not all mankind called to a poll would vote that Earth is flat.

But reality and truth are not democratic.

And indeed Earth keeps being spherical.

Opinion, impressions and feelings have nothing to share with facts.

Someones replied to your critics point by point, letter by letter.

Can you explain a reasonable and meaningful analysis of strenghts and weaknesses of an hunting Requin?

You just can’t see past your own views. What you want me to list is all over the Forums and frankly all that matters is it has hurt the game instead of improve it.

Just now, Old Crusty said:

You just can’t see past your own views. What you want me to list is all over the Forums and frankly all that matters is it has hurt the game instead of improve it.

No. I asked you not impressions.

But facts.

How did you get boarded? How were you boarded? What did you do? And the Requin? This kind of stuff.

You for example said you can be catched downwind on a squarerigged.

A lot of veterans reply It is impossible.

So. Narrate us.

PS as a trader you should happy of Requins hunting. Because a fast raiding Frigate will catch 99% a trader.

Requin, if upwind of the trader... Never.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

Or. Meet for a duel. And I will show you step by step every error you ll do.

No ship loss. I can avoid hunting an evening. Call it social work.

... all that matters is it has hurt the game

Ships with more than 20 broadside guns restrict my choice of ships and hurt my feeling while sailing a lynx.... It hurts me. Now all shallow draft captains lets unite and show the damn SOL captains that their ships have to go.

Its all about the POV.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

A question that should have been on the poll is...Does the presence of shoals of hunting Xebecs hurt your sense of propriety or your immersion in a Caribbean age of Sail setting?  To that I would answer yes!  I hate it.  It's like having a dung beetle amongst the butterflies.

The US navy used xebecs other nations used it to hunt in the caribbean they were local build ships

unknown.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Champion_(1777)

https://www.history.navy.mil/research/library/online-reading-room/title-list-alphabetically/v/vessels-of-the-continental-navy.html

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 2

Repulse was a Xebec as well and defended Philadelphia. Was burnt, not to fall into English hands, after the fall of Forts Mifflin and Mercer.

Spanish had a tradition on lateens, same as french.

I suspect ship builders were free to travel to a location and then use their knowledge there to build whatever models were ordered ? From barques longues to whatever sizes the deep ports allow.

BTW how many SOL capable naval bases harbours were in the Caribbean ? How many Shipyard really capable of building frigates and bigger.. ?

We going into a interesting avenue here...

2 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

...would have been one or two xebecs in the Caribbean. ...

Just like 1st rates 😉 Pls let us all sail sloops and frigates because that would about be right

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Yes, I get that there would have been one or two xebecs in the Caribbean.  There were not the percentage of them that we see in our game.  They were not successful in our waters and that is why the majority of ships in our waters were "European rigs". 

I would like to remember that the daddy of modern rigging, the bermuda one, was created by some dutch from lateen one... In Bermuda. So a bit some more than a couple were sailing in these waters.