Game-Labs Forum

Le Requin is ruining the game for me!

1 hour ago, William Wade said:

Hahaha... YES!  And the result was ganking and seal clubbing around capital areas and players left in droves most never to return, I know I was one of them back then. 

You guys over fish capital areas of new and casual players in super ships and then wonder why the player base is so low to make the game a waste of time to log onto today. So you resort to using a ship as broken as Requin to seal club and gank what's left of the player base in the safe zones except for the few vets and their alts you might come across OW and in RVR.  

Honestly... majority of us noobishly leveled up to be ganked. Like in any OW PvP game.

No safezone = No reason to stick all in one place = No reason for hunters to fish only capitols. The map is quite big. No one is required to be skilled. Being normally smart could help.

And I hunted too, noobishly too sometimes, with what I can afford (usually poor HATING PvE farming - IN ANY GAME), both before and after super 1st rate reinforcements. Stressing but douable.

Sidenote: SO the population dropped due to over fishing capitols... but Requin wasnt there. Interesting.

11 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

@Wraith no they can not, cause spawned reinforcements won’t be funny crappy mercuries or navy brigs.

Go side to side with a 6th rate Reinf.AI. Really. Or try to board her to get (fastly) rid of her. Try. Then speak about crappiness.
Personally I fear more 2-3 AIs if we are in group than a full geared Bellona.

13 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

No they can not, cause when nation players join they can not run away upwind, they can not risk their non-redeamable ships. 

Missing the point. And redeemable or not... ship real cost is... MODS.

14 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

It is not the same thing not even close. Before Quin I do not remember enemies with balls to tag in green zone. May be %1 percent, and mostly they would be sorry.

I think I was one of the first starting using Requin so aggressively. I did sometimes the same on a Renomee boarder... WHEN REINF were 2 1st rates.
Kill-Death ratio was (faaar) crappier than the Requin... still ship was far less expensively modded. It was douable.
Handling AIs is all a matter of positioning and making the prey running in the wrong direction. So a skill/smartness issue.

17 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

So this is how safezones changed after Quin. It became a trap zone. Most nation players won’t even join to defend knowing Quin inside, it is a chase with no rewards, waste of time.

Capitols were always farmed. Period.

I just feel they can fit way to many crew and w Marines can run around close to a 400 man crew.  Also the big open deck loaded w 300 + crew should be more susceptible to causalities from both cannon balls and grape.  For gods sake they'd have to be packed on board shoulder to shoulder.

Making the ship/crew a little more fragile and reducing the numbers to 300 would go a long way to balancing things out a little better.

Just my opinion as I'm still a noob at this game and certainly don't have the expertise that you all possess.

2 hours ago, Wraith said:

In short: I think why people are pissing and moaning about the Requin is that it made it so even unskilled and less competent players/teams can do what safe zone hunters have always been able to do.

Almost, but not exactly. People complain because previously safe zone hunters had to have some skill and even then they had a poor win/loose ratio when hunting. Right now skilled hunters are almost harmless, while life in a protected zone becomes really hard in some places. You can't safely travel in safe zone at all - there are plenty of Requins around, tagging in the zone.

I moved my alt to GB. I loose approx. 2 Indiamans per week to requins in a protected zone. If I loose them, new players stand no chance at all.

Edited by vazco
  • Like 2

Forgive me, it's so useless to talk about a very strong ship (maybe OP), which is replaced by the push of a button. Even if you get another 0.2 knots at any degree, and then sink them under very favorable circumstances, the thing is and remains a joke that serves to flush a lot of money into the makers' pockets.

7 hours ago, Wraith said:

In short: I think why people are pissing and moaning about the Requin is that it made it so even unskilled and less competent players/teams can do what safe zone hunters have always been able to do.  This is not a problem with the ship, it's a problem with the mechanics.

Isn't this statement an oxymoron

Basically your saying that with Req makes it even that unskilled player can do what only skilled players in past can do, then in 2nd sentence that it's not the ship.

Personally i don't care, playing something else until this shitstorm is over lol.

Sometimes one has to let a system fail to point of absurdity for some to realise.  This is why i have said a few times everyone able should buy req's and pound all nation safezones to point they empty, simply push system to breaking point.

Edited by Dibbler

42 minutes ago, Hellmuth von Mücke said:

the thing is and remains a joke that serves to flush a lot of money into the makers' pockets

Not commenting on the requin. I said I would not do that anymore while such reqhate exists BUT This is a ridiculous statement!!

DLC's are good for any game. They promote the game and give funds to the development team......to guess what.

Continue development!!

4 hours ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Honestly... majority of us noobishly leveled up to be ganked. Like in any OW PvP game.

No safezone = No reason to stick all in one place = No reason for hunters to fish only capitols. The map is quite big. No one is required to be skilled. Being normally smart could help.

And I hunted too, noobishly too sometimes, with what I can afford (usually poor HATING PvE farming - IN ANY GAME), both before and after super 1st rate reinforcements. Stressing but douable.

Sidenote: SO the population dropped due to over fishing capitols... but Requin wasnt there. Interesting.

I don't think you'll ever get it. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Crow said:

Not commenting on the requin. I said I would not do that anymore while such reqhate exists BUT This is a ridiculous statement!!

DLC's are good for any game. They promote the game and give funds to the development team......to guess what.

Continue development!!

So you really think the Requin was good for the game? But there seems to be very different opinions about it, for example when I look at the title of this thread or the resonance here in the forum. I do not know if it really makes sense to sell Player A, so Player B loses his appetite for the game.
I can only hope that if the developers again need money to further develop the game, they bring more things into the game that bring not so much the game out of balance.

And you should keep your purse ready because creating a surgical ship is the simplest thing in game development.

11 hours ago, William Wade said:

It's that reasoning over the last couple of years as to why there isn't a player base to leave the safe zone in the first place. 

LOL not even close.... the real reason is...……. that the game is boring and takes to long to be able to do anything. and that the game has been out for 2 1/2 years on steam and still has no UI. anddd……. on top of that lets add in the fact that almost a year ago to date the developers decided to kill of the usa player base by forcing them onto a different server. only to bring them back 6 months later because there wasn't enough people left in the game to support two servers. most of vets that I knew have quit the game due to the safe zones. 

now on to what you said...……..about me running of players by killing them...…………………if killing some one in a requin (a 6th rate with 24guns.) leads to them leaving the game perhaps their kind isn't needed in the game in the first place? cry babys that leave because they lost a ship?  the game is about sinking peoples ships...….. my point is simple. REAR ADMIRALS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED IN SAFEZONES. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hellmuth von Mücke said:

Forgive me, it's so useless to talk about a very strong ship (maybe OP), which is replaced by the push of a button. Even if you get another 0.2 knots at any degree, and then sink them under very favorable circumstances, the thing is and remains a joke that serves to flush a lot of money into the makers' pockets.

Its only a strong ship vs unskilled players. But any ship is op vs unskilled players. Like admin said the dlc ships are just convenient making them the best choice ships to lose.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

LOL not even close.... the real reason is...……. that the game is boring and takes to long to be able to do anything. and that the game has been out for 2 1/2 years on steam and still has no UI. anddd……. on top of that lets add in the fact that almost a year ago to date the developers decided to kill of the usa player base by forcing them onto a different server. only to bring them back 6 months later because there wasn't enough people left in the game to support two servers. most of vets that I knew have quit the game due to the safe zones. 

now on to what you said...……..about me running of players by killing them...…………………if killing some one in a requin (a 6th rate with 24guns.) leads to them leaving the game perhaps their kind isn't needed in the game in the first place? cry babys that leave because they lost a ship?  the game is about sinking peoples ships...….. my point is simple. REAR ADMIRALS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED IN SAFEZONES. 

Read some of the reviews, think of it from a new or casual player perspective instead of your own and get some sun. 

• Like 1

Just now, William Wade said:

Read some of the reviews, think of it from a new or casual player perspective instead of your own and get some sun. 

lol u think new players play this game? the only new players in this game are alts. less than 10% of the people that bought this game still play this game. and the majority of the people that have left...left before the torllquins were released. 

29 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

lol u think new players play this game? the only new players in this game are alts. less than 10% of the people that bought this game still play this game. and the majority of the people that have left...left before the torllquins were released. 

I get more sense out of my toddler than some of you on this forum who think yours is the only opinion that matters and everyone else is wrong in this cartoon world that no one really gives a shite about.

1 hour ago, King of Crowns said:

Perhaps an answer to get people out of safezones would be to make loot from missions outside them better.  Instead of the shit upgrades you get on missions now, make it so to have chance of better upgrades outside.

Stop all AI fleets in safezones so to farm AI again has to be done outside, no more waiting in capital zone for AI fleets as we see now.

This way they can make green zones safer for players but gold loot for missions are reduced heavily and better gold and upgrades from doing outside. So zones would be useful for opening ship slots, ranking up but beyond that would need to be out in open world area to get anywhere.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dibbler said:

I think one of the reasons for "no safe zones this is a goddamn pvp server" defenders is the fear that they will come short if the noob bashing in front of enemy capitals isn't possible anymore. There fore a removal of safezones has to go hand-in-hand with a cut of profitable AI farming possibilities. I agree Dibbler.

#riskrewardbalance 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hellmuth von Mücke said:

So you really think the Requin was good for the game?

Not commenting on Requin. But I want to support development on the game so that I have a game to.play.

They need money. So it's DLC's. 😁

Two xebecs couldn't force a Diana to swing around into the wind to get boarded. Captain of the Diana kept cool and steady and countering the push.

Even with added ramming force on both ends was not even close to enough.

Will keep testing but i'm not seeing it happening unless the frigate captains makes mistakes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crow said:

Not commenting on Requin. But I want to support development on the game so that I have a game to.play.

They need money. So it's DLC's. 😁

Why should it not be paints or other stuff like this. A lot of players (me included) whould buy it to support development. In the long run this whould bring more money than frustrated players writing negative steam reviews because of OP DLC ships or broken mechanics.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Loorkon said:

Thanks for asking. E.g. PvP patrolzone (horrible ganking), RoE in reinforcementzones (playerbase is falling).

We could agree about Requin characteristics being difficult to counter for a random casual even if she is simply a frail and fast boarder.

Still... are you stating the broken mechanic making Requin so terrible are the reinforcement zones?

Are you proposing to get rid of them?

Note: do you consider boarding a broken feature? And mast sniping? Hull hugging? Stern camping?