Game-Labs Forum

Griefing After PB is Over and Won

So this subject is a bit of a grey area in the game I think.  

After we won the PB player stayed in the battle for the full duration with the intention of of giefing the players inside and either forcing them to wait or be tagged by the 10-15 players of his nation and other nations outside since we are unable to enter the port while players are still in the  battle. 

I had referenced this in another post below, but there was never a definitive ruling on the issue.  I believe intentional griefing....and Elite was intentionally doing it could classify as a tribunal offense.  This wouldn't of been a huge issue if we had not been so beat up and he wasn't in a boarding requin with close to 400 crew....we would of just sunk him.  

I don't particularly care if the player is punished or not here, but I do think we need to remove the broken mechanic of contested ports being closed to the winners if players till remain in battle.  

Clearly he was aware of what was going on.

edfac570016cc5acef9a60fe88c03ee5.png
https://gyazo.com/edfac570016cc5acef9a60fe88c03ee5

The mass of battles/players waiting for us outside 
883C56427535A382234B843371C09FAB6F0914F3

6DF31E59A5FB7358A396D545226C13A56937E2A1

Stream of the fight - battle ends at 1:30 

Shitty way to end a rather fun battle.  Clearly Elite was bitter here or something.  Regardless of whether or not this is a tribunal offense, the port lock out while contested bit is long overdue for a change.  

• Like 3

and if anyone says "just leave, so the battle can end."

until the last person leaves the battle, the port doesn't change who can enter - so if the PB fleet leaves they'd just be tagged and killed outside. So now a fleet attacking a PB must stay in the end results battle fr 15 minutes, or be assured that if they leave while a defender still stays inside they will likely die to a force outside.

the Mechanic must be changed - something should trigger the moment the PB ends and the winner is determined. if the attacker wins they should be allowed to enter immediately after the battle ends (end result screen shows).

• Like 2

I was never presented with proof that staying in the PB when it is over is against the rules. You didn't leave, so I stayed to try and kill more of you. It was 1v6, but you all ran away. I still don't think this is against the rules. At no point was I attempting to stay away from your ships or guns. I was actually chasing you until we were kicked to the Open World. I'm interested to see what the devs will say about this. 

2 minutes ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

Petition to give VCO 30 mins after battle so they can have 15 mins of safe space away from the server. Hope y'all aren't too traumatized from this hardcore grief dude.

Careful your petition might get tribunaled for griefing.

• Like 1

BY griefing he means..... feeding pirates to the French. we need to reinforce this behavior. I would just like to point out the hypocrisy of Christendom. complain about griefing when he sinks his own fleet in order to #denycontent.

❤️ the salt and tears<3 

Edited by King of Crowns

Aside from the fact that you won the pb should be worth more than some shallow ships: why dont you drop out of the battle one by one leaving in different directions if you want to safe your ships? I don't get what difference it makes to stay 15 mins longer in the battle?

I disagree on ending the battle instance when one side leaves. In rough nights these 15 minutes are the only real breaks one gets when dragged from one battle into the next.

Edited by Palatinose
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Palatinose said:

Aside from the fact that you won the pb should be worth more than some shallow ships: why dont you drop out of the battle one by one leaving in different directions if you want to safe your ships? I don't get what difference it makes to stay 15 mins longer in the battle?

I disagree on ending the battle instance when one side leaves. In rough nights these 15 minutes are the only real breaks one gets when dragged from one battle into the next.

I don't think that's what he means. I think he would like for a port to flip hands after the score reaches 1000 points, not when battle ends. That's reasonable.

16 minutes ago, vazco said:

I don't think that's what he means. I think he would like for a port to flip hands after the score reaches 1000 points, not when battle ends. That's reasonable.

But needs much coding I guess? As the port ownership is directly coupled to the pb instance probably. 

1 hour ago, Christoph said:

@christendom

you've empty the clan warehouse of the spanish N clan with your alt! how can you be such an asshole ???

Uh ... what?

2 hours ago, Palatinose said:

No battle can stay open, I just want the stupid glitch where the port won’t allow the winners inside until everyone is out of battle fixed.  Seems rather stupid.

• Like 4

On 9/8/2018 at 8:47 AM, Teutonic said:

the Mechanic must be changed - something should trigger the moment the PB ends and the winner is determined. if the attacker wins they should be allowed to enter immediately after the battle ends (end result screen shows).

It is impossible for technical reasons. 

• Instance must be over and empty to properly give the results, awards, write database entries. 
  • Instance should also give some time (also was done on player requests) to players to pick up loot, check things, go to the bathroom, have a small break. 
  • After this time ends instance forcefully closes kicking everyone who is left in battle. 

These two together can create aberrations described in this post.

Hope i understood the report correctly - please correct me if i am wrong. 
1 player stayed after Battle over message and interfered. But All sides can exit the battle if battle over message is present (even if under fire) and help those who are already in the open world. 

The port entry will be locked until the instance closes. We can reduce the timer of kicking the players out to ow, but this will drastically reduce the window for loot or captured or surrendered ships pick up. 

• Like 5

In terms of deliberate consistent griefing like tagging a player 3 times in a row and keeping him in battle for all duration without any desire to fight - we have warned captains in the past and will continue to do so. This also relates to port battles.

Sometimes its hard to determine if it was a genuine attempt to win (even if it is winning by attrition) on just one case. If such cases happen again and again punishment will be applied and additional algorithms added to remove deliberate time wasting.

2 hours ago, Intrepido said:

What about an extended cooldown after leaving a successful port battle in which you can not be attacked?

The revenge fleets on enemy PB fleets is real.

Now a days it’s more the half a dozen nation gank squads showing up to kill one side or the other.  You rarely have to worry about the team you just fought it’s every one else and there mother out side picking folks off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

I disagree. Some of my experiences proves that my worries arent misplaced.

Also this proposed CD will also help your fleet to prepare against those other players who come just because they are bored.

Come sail for US for a while and tell me how many nations you have screen you out?

The problem is, that a player who get sunk can stay in battle till system closes the instance. You have no chance to see this. For this reason the attackers have to stay till system closes the instance to get shure, they can escape in the captured port otherwise they can be captured by a revenge fleet that is waiting outside.

Maybe it is possible to kick these "hidden" players when battle Ends.   

What about making it so that attackers cannot be tagged within a very short distance of the port until the instance is closed? That way people don't have to wait in the instance and can leave without being swarmed outside. By only protecting players close to the port, they won't be able to exploit the feature to escape after losing.

Edited by Capt Aerobane

I’m ok with the battle being open for 15 mins.  I’m not ok with not being able to enter the port until all players leave the battle instance.  I should be able to leave battle and sail directly into the port I just fought and won, I shouldn’t be forced to sit in battle and wait 15 mins because 1 player is holding port entry hostage so his buddies can gank ships outside.

This is poor mechanics.  It keeps happening and needs to be fixed.   Make the battle end after 5 mins and force players to a battle screen or something (maybe a detailed after action report?).