Game-Labs Forum

Idea: (Pt2/4) Norfolk nNimitz and the [FACS] Skill Book

Idea: (Pt2/4) Norfolk nNimitz and the [FACS] Skill Book

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSy9D3He6q0

Short Version at the bottom...

@admin

A Bottle of red needed sorry,

Quick Summary

A Skill Book once activated allows for the better control of Squadrons and the fleet under your command. It needs time with XP to breach the three stages. The advantages of the Skill Book are it Buffs all ships under the command of the Squadron or in fact the entire Fleet.

Using something like the Fleet, Wing Commander function from [EvE].

A Re-think first towards Mod...

http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/25015-a-different-look-at-upgrading-and-stacking-ones-ship/

this is an idea I wrote in Feb’18. Without re-writing it basically, it puts ship mods and stacking in an order of importance. This then suffers from a stacking multiplier. Please have a quick read of it and the EvE Online [EvE] weaker model.

Also, my reply to suggestions. This basic idea would be the foundation start.

Fleet Groupings and limiter introduction...

Currently same nations can group into different sizes and Battle Ratings. This limited to the 25-ship ceiling of the Port Battle. The first limiter I wish to introduce is any player can only control a Squadron of 7 ships and himself a total of 8 ships.

With the Purchase from the Admiralty shop the [FACS] skill book can be activated. This will lead to the ability to control 3x Squadrons plus your own ship 25x ships. And other benefits with XP...

A Fleet Example to Use...

Three Star Fleet Admiral [FA-3*] Norfolk nNimitz [25x Ships]

Van-Squadron [Van-2*] Admin [8x Ships]

Centre-Squadron [CTR-1*] Ink [8x Ships]

Rear-Squadron [REAR-0*] Hethwill [8x Ships]

The Skill Book has three completable stages. Just purchasing and activation gives the PC a Fleet Admiral 0* (star) status. This allows him to control 8 ships in a fleet. His in-BATTLE Chat channel allows for communication with the rest of his fleet just like now. After each battle he’ll be awarded FA XP points win or lose. If he attacked they’ll go to the attack score if defense likewise...

FA-0*:  Controls a total of 8x ships. BASIC FA XP attack 000/000 defense Target 300/300

FA-1*:  Controls a total of 8x ships. BASIC FA XP either attack or defense is at 301. Each of the 8x ship will receive bonus buffs in the skill completed. 301/000 would mean each ship gets attacking buffs. In defense No buffs.

FA-2*:  Controls 2x Squadrons a total of 17x ships. BASIC FA XP is at 301/301 completed. Target 601/601. Separately can talk to each Squad leader giving instructions and to all the fleet. He gives bonus buffs down to all ships. If defending defense buffs if attacking attack buffs.

Also limited map drawing pass along at Battle instances to the 2 other Sqd Leaders. Breaching either 601 targets will allow an increase in the buff delivered.

FA-3*: The Three Star Fleet Admiral, FA XP BASIC 601/601. Target 999/999. Separately can talk to each of the 3 Sqd Leaders. Bonus buffs to all ships attack or defense depending. 3x More that at 1 star and 2x as much as 2-star admiral.

More map features pre-battle start. Target points that show up in BATTLE for each different Squad.

In our above example the Van-Squadron would receive 2* buffs plus additional 3* buffs. While the Rear-Squadron would only receive 3* Buffs and nothing else.

An In-Game Example...

I’ve stated above this is a smaller basic idea taken from EvE Online [EvE]. Watch this short video to get the general idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZE_RbRtwz4

This is the [EvE] Uniwiki written explanation also.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Fleet_Command_Guide

In Summary...

This idea seems heavy or complex. However, the communications systems are simple to add including the map graphics that lock at battle start.

The base line stacking mods allows for growth but not super ships.

The buffs and incentives become better the more players work together. The Skill Book is easy to get but not easy to be beneficial. You need to work for it.

The idea in the Old Admiral story was to show the different levels of experience in the Admirals and how it would relate on the battlefield.

Let me know what you think as always, Part3 in a couple of days

Norfolk nChance [ELITE]

Short Version

The Fleet Admiral Command Skill book [FACS] that stages and takes time to learn. With this skill the Fleet Admiral [FA] can control 3 Squadrons of 8 ships each. The [FA] when completing the Skill Book levels will buff all ships under his command.

With both an Attack/Defense feature. This skill together with the skill mod changes proposed a more realistic way to mod stacking and integration of ships working together as a whole.

Edited by Norfolk nChance
  • Like 3

I will agree on something like this.

Actually this reminds me of something I have on the drawer regarding proper ranks per nation. There's not a infinite number of any station, and promotions and demotions happened all the time.

• Like 1