Game-Labs Forum

Best New Player Support Idea Yet! +1 -1 rank limit.

So a Rear Admirals can’t attack Midshipman’s.

+1 -1 rank limit would be fantastic support for new players and players climbing the ranks, giving them opportunity to grow, learn and to become long life players.

Would work well with RvR (battle groups will have to be organized with rank in mind though) , Clans (pop-wise), PvP (fair), all reinforcement zones, actually every aspect of the game and methodology as it stands.

Something is needed to boost pop (most threads mention this), with pop all characteristics of game improves, it’s a win-win for everybody (except vets who wants to dominate).

12 minutes ago, Sir Loorkon said:

The ranks we have are PvE ranks. They are totaly useless for PvP. 

So give the rank system some depth then!

Edited by Guest

13 minutes ago, BuckleUpBones said:

So a Rear Admirals can’t attack Midshipman’s.

+1 -1 rank limit would be fantastic support for new players and players climbing the ranks, giving them opportunity to grow, learn and to become long life players.

Would work well with RvR (battle groups will have to be organized with rank in mind though) , Clans (pop-wise), PvP (fair), all reinforcement zones, actually every aspect of the game and methodology as it stands.

Something is needed to boost pop (most threads mention this), with pop all characteristics of game improves, it’s a win-win for everybody (except vets who wants to dominate).

Shitty idea. Every RvR player has an alt for econ and atm there's enough difficulty in actually hurting an enemy nations econ as it is. It's a lose-lose for everyone. A new player learns more in a single PvP battle than he will in an infinite amount of PvE battles. 

7 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

Shitty idea. Every RvR player has an alt for econ and atm there's enough difficulty in actually hurting an enemy nations econ as it is. It's a lose-lose for everyone. A new player learns more in a single PvP battle than he will in an infinite amount of PvE battles. 

I bet the developers are looking for ways to improve player retention.

Its not all about learning, some of it is about having a fair go.

Edited by Guest

18 minutes ago, BuckleUpBones said:

player learns more in a single PvP battle than he will in an infinite amount of PvE battles. 

Tactically wise I agree but ship performances can be acquired anywhere, even in training rooms.

I’ve responded, please don’t get off topic, +1 -1 rank.

Edited by Guest

41 minutes ago, Sir Loorkon said:

The ranks we have are PvE ranks. They are totaly useless for PvP.

Everyone has to start somewhere, you did, you can’t empathize.

Are you saying the everyone should start off in PvP as Real Admiral?

7 minutes ago, BuckleUpBones said:

Everyone has to start somewhere, you did, you can’t empathize.

Are you saying the everyone should start off in PvP as Real Admiral?

No, of course not. Everyone should start off in PvP as soon as he feels ready. But you can not learn PvP from PvE, I whould even go so fare to say that it is bad to get used only to the stupid AI to much and a Rearadmiral who only gets used to PvE is worse in PvP than a lower rank captain who is open for PvP early on. It whould be nice to have PvP ranks, there where some threads and posts dealing with that topic in the past with some very good ideas.

• Like 1

No mate. Best idea is no safezones at all.

A newly created toon will spawn in a neutral no-pvp starting area and would be able to stay there even until able to man a SoL... And even till top rank. But unable to farm really cash or any precious stuff.

As he decides to leave, he'll then join a nation to never get back in neutral zone.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

should they be limited because they haven't PVE'ed enough?

26 minutes ago, Sir Loorkon said:

But you can not learn PvP from PvE

To clarify, PvE has nothing to do with this thread.

Edited by Guest

I read all through the forums that EVE is a very successful game, thousands of people play. I personally do not know because I don’t feel that any game is worth paying for over and over again in subscription. Apparently thousands of people disagree with me.

In this extremely popular and successful game they have totally safe safe zones. I would think that if we are trying to get high population in this game that people would support aspects of that other game that made it successful. I owned my own business until my wife got brain cancer and we had to sell it. A very basic principle in business is to copy other successful businesses and do not do what unsuccessful businesses have done.

so what am I missing about the success that EVE has with there safe zones and our players wanting to get rid of them?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Percival Merewether said:

There are some really good PvP'ers out there of Post Captain rank, should they be limited because they haven't PVE'ed enough?

I like that you're trying to solve the issue of new and inexperienced players. This is just not the way to go though.

Withh all due respect sir, I think you will find the good pvp-er post captains are mostly (if not all) alts. :)

Edited by Dibbler

4 hours ago, Old Crusty said:

I read all through the forums that EVE is a very successful game, thousands of people play. I personally do not know because I don’t feel that any game is worth paying for over and over again in subscription. Apparently thousands of people disagree with me.

In this extremely popular and successful game they have totally safe safe zones. I would think that if we are trying to get high population in this game that people would support aspects of that other game that made it successful. I owned my own business until my wife got brain cancer and we had to sell it. A very basic principle in business is to copy other successful businesses and do not do what unsuccessful businesses have done.

so what am I missing about the success that EVE has with there safe zones and our players wanting to get rid of them?

EVE is far more famed for the total griefing...

it's far less safe than NA. I assure you.

3 light frigates can destroy a 1st rate. Current tutorial permanently gives you the M&C rank if you pass the final and lieutenant if you pass all challenges.

Limiting attack options by rank (or pvp rank or rating) has more negatives than benefits.

Starting with

• Risk free travel  - Start a new player alt and avoid all attacks, carry goods for your experienced high ranked player.

• Like 19

2 hours ago, admin said:

3 light frigates can destroy a 1st rate. Current tutorial permanently gives you the M&C rank if you pass the final and lieutenant if you pass all challenges.

Limiting attack options by rank (or pvp rank or rating) has more negatives than benefits.

Starting with

• Risk free travel  - Start a new player alt and avoid all attacks, carry goods for your experienced high ranked player.

You are telling us to get our own Alt account? So what you are saying I’d spend another $40 on this game so you can get materials. Spend another $15 to by the Le Requin so you can catch the other guys in Le Requins. How much money do you except us to spend on this game while it is still in Alpha? How about I get a Character in another Country without paying extra for it? Then everyone can be on equal footing. How about if you need more money to continue development that you make the game attractive to people who haven’t bought it, and then make the game so that they can learn it without being ganked all the time.

To read in your words “to get an Alt” when so many experienced players say that the alts is what is hurting the game just blows my mind. 

I ask again, how much money do you expect us to pay for a game still in Alpha?

2 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

You are telling us to get our own Alt account? So what you are saying I’d spend another $40 on this game so you can get materials. Spend another $15 to by the Le Requin so you can catch the other guys in Le Requins. How much money do you except us to spend on this game while it is still in Alpha? How about I get a Character in another Country without paying extra for it? Then everyone can be on equal footing. How about if you need more money to continue development that you make the game attractive to people who haven’t bought it, and then make the game so that they can learn it without being ganked all the time.

To read in your words “to get an Alt” when so many experienced players say that the alts is what is hurting the game just blows my mind. 

It's like you don't know how to read. Admin said this is a shit idea, which I agree with, as an example of why this is a shit idea is the risk free travel item. 

Read it again and stop frothing at the mouth.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

Wow!

Did you even read admins post before attacking him?

Read it again slowly.

He is saying that players would buy an alt, to abuse the game if this suggestion was followed. He was not telling you to buy an alt.