Game-Labs Forum

Connectivity Issues

Sverne

I've been disconnected from the game and can't seem to re-connect. @admin @Ink  plz fix thx

wtf1.png

wtf2.png

No ping on shards list, and if I hit "select" it just stays on "connecting to login queue..."

What is going on here?

Edited by Sverne
wrong screenshot and forgot to include description of problem.

So far my troubleshooting attempts include rebooting computer, rebooting router, and turning off windows firewall. None of these actions have fixed the issue. I think this is on Game-labs end.

Edited by Sverne
forgot to a word in there

Yeah I've restarted router, rebooted, etc. Can connect to everything I've tried, but NA.

First issue was like, Friday or Saturday night, I dropped multiple times, but then no more issues till just now (assumed it was random). Dropped connection, managed to get back in for maybe 5 minutes, and dropped again. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

Could be a transatlantic thing, because I'm in-game and I just logged in again to check.

None of my American friends are having connectivity issues, dunno if they're using the same lines to europe though... They're Alaska, Washington, and Texas. I just think that if it was a connection problem to the server I shouldn't even be able to see the shards list. 

Have I been banned?

We checked the servers and they were working as usual. 

• Supposedly there were connectivity issues on the steam platforms that could have caused the disconnections for some players
    • fHILx0V.png
  • And sometimes such disconnects happen if there are infrastructure issues with backbone providers (traffic could not get to auth servers or game servers), thats why some captains could continue playing while others could not connect. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Haggard Blanc said:

Same problems from NZ also, what happens to your ship during a disconnect in OW? Does it carry on sailing in the same direction for a few mins?

You will drop sails and disappear after two minutes.

• Like 1