Game-Labs Forum

Le requin deceleration bug

z4ys

Here I am ramming a diana and droping sails. Sails are at 0%. Speed in the time of the crash is around 11kn. I slow down to 4kn. Just to the moment I get free and speed up to 10-11kn again.

What is giving me the 6-7kn?

Yeah the ship is "still going" till it decelerates "naturally" (negative wind force or the natural deceleration due to drag) if that makes sense. Its like when you run aground at full sails, instantly drop to zero, then break free and instantly (nearly) go back to close to full speed.

It'd be nice to see it get fixed sometime, but its been like that for a long long time now.

The worst offender is typically head on collisions where both ships have momentum. You will often go to nearly a full stop then back up to near full speed instantly when you both slip off. The best is when you pull into boarding then just rocket off them and break boarding.

14 minutes ago, Coraline Vodka said:

We tried ramming causing leaks, was delightfully trollable.

Yet done correctly would add some realism instead of arcadish and delightfully trollable.  I expect the modeling/mechanics doesn't allow it and therefore we would have the later unfortunately.