Game-Labs Forum

385 crew La Requin

2 hours ago, Sir Loorkon said:

I havent got the time to write or read books on this topic but I think a lot of very experianced players have said enough to this. I am looking forward to a solution.

So its what others have told you.......mmmmm.🙄

• Like 1

@Old Crusty posting untruths on the forum is so easy to do and so hard to get away with.

What you have attempted to do is take two unrelated posts and put them together in a feeble attempt to show me contradicting myself and you 'destroying' me.

This kind of this kind of thing is distasteful at best and dishonest at worst.....

Your last post:

1569480168_oldcrusty.thumb.png.8cea15aca75ff873af42daee41ecff67.png

The post where you took these quotes from:

451008668_oldcrusty2.thumb.png.c3221556db22355ae086bfa901ebe715.png

136088263_oldcrusty3.thumb.png.f8e0b1abc90545a86bf6ccc87bef5404.png

One of these posts was not with you and was in a different context.

Its a shame that you tried this. You have not 'destroyed' my points as you put it. All you have destroyed is your credibility.

Sad.

😒

I won't be commenting on this topic of the Requin anymore because it seems to just be going in endless circles.

It's now just the same few voices all deeply entrenched in thier views on both sides.

I personally do not believe the Requin to be such an issue anymore infact I did not see one single Requin yesterday on the OW and I feel confident that @admin will eventually publish figures which will show this decline in its use.

Although the issue at times got heated,

I enjoyed the debate and I bear no ill will toward anyone, on either side.

I look forward to sinking and being sunk by you all in game. (If you can catch me)

😁

• Like 2

12 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

Le Req cancer continues at KPR :)  nice great ship which only run or board.

Kprgankmix.jpg

A raider always fights or runs.

Especially granted there's no reward losing your ship.

Requin is a ship that can, realistically, be only a boarder. I would like to remember she has less armor than a rattlesnake. Why in the hell should be used (not talking about being definately not a stable gunnery platform) to fight side to side?

Is a fast Herc better because she sterncamp SoLs then hull hug to them and sink them?

Or is it an issue of being boarded in place of being gunned?

On 9/5/2018 at 11:52 PM, Crow said:

The ship has been substantially nerfed since testing.

And @Licinio Chiavari  clearly said 'true Xebecs' had 500 crew not the Requin which he clearly said had 250 + mod ability.

We must all look and read what others are saying rather than jump to derogitory remarks based on wrong information.

This is the first time I quoted you. Notice the first line. It reads, and I quote “ the ship has been substantially nerfed since testing. I took issue with that.

then you responded with a few changes made. Only one change that you listed was a nerf and a minor one at that. The other changes were 2 bug fixes that allowed the ship to take crew and rigging damage just like any other ship. And then there were a change or two that effected all ships. 

The only conclusion is that your first line of “the ship has been substantially nerfed since testing” is complete and total BS.

then you responded to my post and instead of telling me how I was wrong or misinformed, you call me angry and a hater. You can now post any number of times attacking my credibility and me personally, but it does not change the fact the the Le Requin has completely destroyed the balance of the game in shallow water and that the only way to counter it is to spend the money and buy your own.

i don’t remember if it was you or someone else that said that everyone should be able to come up with the money to buy one so just buy it and quit complaining. Well, I will not support the game by buying s ship that is ruining the fun for most people in the game.  

By this time you should just stop, move on, and eat Crow.

Edited by Old Crusty

9 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

I used some time to give you a detailed list of nerf, defenders' errors and not Requin OPness issues, some (basic) NA history etc.

Was it sufficient? Need more? Is something not clear?

May I propose you a crack course in anti-requin combat techniques?

Still remembering you... That using her ahgressively is the best way to learn how to counter her.

35 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

I used some time to give you a detailed list of nerf, defenders' errors and not Requin OPness issues, some (basic) NA history etc.

Was it sufficient? Need more? Is something not clear?

May I propose you a crack course in anti-requin combat techniques?

Still remembering you... That using her ahgressively is the best way to learn how to counter her.

You were not the person that resorted to calling me angry and a hater instead of countering my points so why are you here?

since you are here I will say this, telling someone in a 6th rate that it is their own fault for getting boarded is like telling a victim of a robbery that it is their own fault for being robbed. 

I will not buy the Le Requin because I will not support the development of this game by buying a ship that almost the entire community agrees is bad for the game. 

You, Crow and other gankers love the ship. I understand that. You must understand that the vast majority of players think that the ship has completely unbalanced the shallow waters and has taken the fun factor away from the game.

the ship hurts the game.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Coraline Vodka said:

I challenge you to start a poll that finds out if most players think the requin is bad for the game.

What percentage of the people that play the game do you think come on the Forums? I don’t know and I am sure that you don’t either. What percent of people that quit playing the game comes onto to the Forum? I don’t know either but I bet it is almost zero.

A poll here, or on Steam would be very inaccurate.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

You were not the person that resorted to calling me angry and a hater instead of countering my points so why are you here?

I do not think a second about angry or not angry (this is the question...?).

You stated some facts. I replied to them.

44 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

since you are here I will say this, telling someone in a 6th rate that it is their own fault for getting boarded is like telling a victim of a robbery that it is their own fault for being robbed. 

Is 1st rate captain's fault, or nimble 5th rate captain's merit, when the nimble 5th rate sterncamp the first to death and then sink him?

Usually something in the middle (a wise one said "the same skill to avoid being sterncamped is needed to sterncamp").

In our case, with my Requin experience, I'd say it's a bit more... 6th rate captain's fault. May be you didnt notice Requin mediocre turn rate; especially in front of other 6th rates one. Keeping silent of running with the wind speed of the two ships.

Anyhow: already explained, but you didnt (want to) read. Again: would you like to have a fast crack course on "how to fight a Requin"?

51 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

I will not buy the Le Requin because I will not support the development of this game by buying a ship that almost the entire community agrees is bad for the game. 

First statement: your choise.

Second statement: not so smart not supporting a game you'd like to see growing and developing.

Third statement: "almost entire community". Please, proof.

Anyhow, it has been already showed (like by Hethwill's posts) a Requin can be defeated by other (craftable) ships.

Again a "FACT" of your previous post simply... Not a fact.

58 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

You, Crow and other gankers

"Gankers". Again. From ethimological perspective (a lot vs a few/one), raiders are more often "ganked" than "ganking". The fact they are able to outrun, is usually bad coast defense set up.

From more ample use of the term (superior skill/experience/gear vs inferior)...

a) is it superior force fault being... superior? This is not "Hello Kitty Online". This is a WarGame. And warfare is never fair.

b) isnt so a "gank" everytime a pvp veterans in super mod (ANY) ship easily kills another player?

1 hour ago, Old Crusty said:

You must understand that the vast majority of players think that the ship has completely unbalanced the shallow waters and has taken the fun factor away from the game.

Again: proof.

Moreover: they think it's unbalanced knowing intimately her (the Requin), or simply (at the moment) not knowing/being unable to counter her?

She had some balancing issues. Correct. They have been corrected... Far faster than other inbalances in the past.

Do you want more nerf on her?

Explain exactly what you would like.

About fun factor... Definately personal feeling. Doesnt it?

1 hour ago, Old Crusty said:

the ship hurts the game.

Again: proof.

It's your opinion. Fine 

Still opinion from someone who has zero clue about handling that ship.

13 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

So already unsure of the outcome?

Arent you saying «vast majority» and «almost entire community»? How is possible with such majority to be unsure of the outcome of a poll?

Did you answer any of my questions before the one line you quote???

31 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

s 1st rate captain's fault, or nimble 5th rate captain's merit, when the nimble 5th rate sterncamp the first to death and then sink him?

Usually something in the middle (a wise one said "the same skill to avoid being sterncamped is needed to sterncamp").

When you can show me a single example in history of a 5th rate ship Stern Camping a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd rate ship, killing most of its crew, and then capturing and sinking it, then I will reply to the rest of your post.

Just now, Old Crusty said:

When you can show me a single example in history of a 5th rate ship Stern Camping a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd rate ship, killing most of its crew, and then capturing and sinking it, then I will reply to the rest of your post.

There are naught. SOLs, not counting 74 gunners, would show up for the fleet actions or big squadron actions. They cost a lot to send out. They weren't OW pleasure cruises IRL. They were built for a purpose and it wasn't to sail around goofing with OW little squadrons.

2 minutes ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

There are naught. SOLs, not counting 74 gunners, would show up for the fleet actions or big squadron actions. They cost a lot to send out. They weren't OW pleasure cruises IRL. They were built for a purpose and it wasn't to sail around goofing with OW little squadrons.

There were plenty of SOL that transferred from squadron to squadron, or port to port. SOL after battle went in to port for repairs. After big actions like the Glorious first of June, or Trafalger, the French and Spanish fleets ran any direction they could to escape the British. Not a single report of a stern camping 5th rate.

To say that SOL didn’t travel by themselves is simply not correct.

• Like 1