Game-Labs Forum

385 crew La Requin

Real maximum is 388 (250 + 20% hammocks book + 10% Very Cramped trim + 10% Crew space wood + 15% light hammocks perm = 250 x1.55 = 387.5 rounded 388).

Didnt I repeat every chance that's majority of balancing issues are mod/trimming/RNG related and only secondly the ships?

That said, such a ship is pretty crap: she'll be dead slow running with the wind and really slow in anycase in OW. Easy prey for a gunny Requin or a couple Princes.

PS: the point is not the crew. The Crew is dangerous only if he boards you. Dont get boarded... or be prepared to fight him off.

Historical Note: true xebecs had crews hitting up to 500.

Edited by Licinio Chiavari
  • Like 5

"balanced"

"fun and interactive" 

Not about to change the subject or deny that le requin is op but! I think boarding system is terrible and need work. It is the reason of this abuse in first place.

Historical Note: true xebecs have never been present in Caribbean seas!

true that looks like it is board is too low for oceanic trips. 

Edited by Kifli
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MassimoSud said:

Historical Note: true xebecs have never been present in Caribbean seas!

Neither Pavel... Ingermanland... etc...

And do not try the historical argument with me. Neither realism. Because in such case... I'll reply that tightest close haul on a square rigged should be around 80-90° to wind (and with strong leeway). And tacking on wind should require 10+ minutes.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Kifli said:

"balanced"

"fun and interactive" 

Not about to change the subject or deny that le requin is op but! I think boarding system is terrible and need work. It is the reason of this abuse in first place.

true that looks like it is board is too low for oceanic trips. 

eh... Oceanic travel. Aside that nothing bans to bring a carpenter from Europe knowing how to build her.

And shutting off that Bermuda rig was a direct derivative of Lateen rig.

I do not think viking Drakkar were bigger not with higher board.

About boarding.

Premise: that a bigger crew (higher number) + better trained (marines+1/2 books) + better geared (muskets+grenade) beats an inferior one... is plain normal. ATM defense is even too buffed.

Note: boarding game is so easy for noobs... and I meet every day even veterans unable to handle properly it. This makes me thinking...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tiedemann said:

Give crew weight! xD

Good idea actually

Vanilla ship without crew mods remains as fast as it was

Then for each few % extra crew you lose a small percentage of speed

Makes sense

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

Really??? A 6th rate with 385 crew? With my Niagra completely set up for boarding defense I had no chance.

utterly ridiculous and very bad for game

@admin stated that you can grape broadside the open deck of ships like prince, requin, cutter etc, with great success. Haven't tested it properly other then graping an other requin killing 14 crew in a point blank broadside, i would assume it would kill more, but i havent been able to test it properly yet.

1 minute ago, Wyy said:

@admin stated that you can grape broadside the open deck of ships like prince, requin, cutter etc, with great success. Haven't tested it properly other then graping an other requin killing 14 crew in a point blank broadside, i would assume it would kill more, but i havent been able to test it properly yet.

385 is caused by unbalanced upgrades
remember that new upgrade system will remove upgrade stacking completely. Captain wont be able to fit his ship with Upgrades from the same group

• Like 12

51 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

Really??? A 6th rate with 385 crew? With my Niagra completely set up for boarding defense I had no chance.

utterly ridiculous and very bad for game

I would have killed you with 200 men, 385 just saved some time :)

39 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Historical Note: true xebecs had crews hitting up to 500

That is like saying that since a Cerebus is a Frigate and other Frigates history had over 400 crew then the Cerebus should have 400

The ship we are talking about is the FRENCH LE REQUIN. That ship had a crew of 220. That is historical. Crew compliment of 220. 

It is utterly ridiculous for a 6th rate in this game to be able to have over 300 crew

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, admin said:

remember that new upgrade system will remove upgrade stacking completely. Captain wont be able to fit his ship with Upgrades from the same group

great! :)

Just now, admin said:

@admin 385 is beside the point  if the ship had 150 crew like every other sixth it wouldn't be problem....…  base crew for req is still double the crew of any other 6th rate at its base. and more crew than most 5th rates. highest firepower of any 6rate. heavier (able to break every bow sprite) of 6ths. also it is able to push 1st rates around because of the broken windforce on the sails. and on top of all that no requin can be caught unless it wants to be caught. it is over powered on every stat possible compared to other 6th rates. at first you said it was because all other 6ths were just to weak(because in your mind its easier to buff an entire class of ships than nerf one). and now its that mods are OP... perhaps.... the ship is just OP. 

face it you made this ship broken. just like the wassa was broken for months and you refused to admit it. finally after months it was nerfed into a normal place. this time you have backed yourself into a corner because people paid real money for the ship so if your nerf it into the ground there will be some salt and rage. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

@admin Crew stacking is an answer towards Determined Defender broken perk. Before people didn't go crazy for the crew stacking because they didn't have to. Now boarding is impossible without crew advantage. Any data on how many players use Determined Defender perk? Because that must be the vast majority of players (with experience). Everyone says DD is must have, everyone must use it.

I do not use it. Neither @huliotkd. If we got boarded not wanting to... It's pur fault.

That said. It's correct: crew stacking became increasingly necessary due to DD and defense heavily buffed in last year.

Personally my Requins sit around 287/300 aside the one getting very cramped trim, so deserving to be pushed to max.

16 minutes ago, admin said:

Terrible idea. There will be no difference between ships anymore. Art of ship, gunnery, book of 5, combat carpenter and whatever the last one is. Same goes for permanent mods. People will use copper, French and northern carpenters. The issue is having to many mods and books that do the same. Why do 6ths have hammocks as perm upgrade for example? In my opinion if you have to hard cap speed or the effects of mods there is a fundamental problem with the system. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Terrible idea. There will be no difference between ships anymore. Art of ship, gunnery, book of 5, combat carpenter and whatever the last one is. Same goes for permanent mods. People will use copper, French and northern carpenters. The issue is having to many mods and books that do the same. Why do 6ths have hammocks as perm upgrade for example? In my opinion if you have to hard cap speed or the effects of mods there is a fundamental problem with the system. 

I have not get 5ring, nor encyclopedia, nor combat carp.

Like a good share of players.

1 minute ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

So you will use the 2nd best mods. Light ropes and blocks, instructions cannoniers or light carriages and marines. Marines is way better than bofr anyway. 95% of mods will become even more obsolete than they already are. Might as well remove them from the game if you ask me. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HachiRoku said:

So you will use the 2nd best mods. Light ropes and blocks, instructions cannoniers or light carriages and marines. Marines is way better than bofr anyway. 95% of mods will become even more obsolete than they already are. Might as well remove them from the game if you ask me. 

Just wait for the patch. I guess all mods will be reworked not only the how to mod

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Also, most players as active as you have the big 3 mods. You can get them in 2 weeks max if you are willing to spend 5-600pvp marks. Every member in our clan has the mods.

Just now, HachiRoku said:

Also, most players as active as you have the big 3 mods. You can get them in 2 weeks max if you are willing to spend 5-600pvp marks. Every member in our clan has the mods.

I only have 1 book :(  who wants to donate me the other 2?

• Like 1