Game-Labs Forum

Make safe zones safe (again?).!

3 hours ago, Percival Merewether said:

Care to explain? I don’t see anything preventing the implementation of this.

• Remove secondary safe zones (E.g. Belize, New Orleans).
  • Disable PvP in current reinforcement zones.
  • Remove enemy AI fleets from reinforcement zones.

Doing these three things will get you very far already.

Look people are unwilling too do PvP becouse reward mechanics we have so forcing them out of green zone too do PvE will make things worse yes begginers will be protected

30 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

Look people are unwilling too do PvP becouse reward mechanics we have so forcing them out of green zone too do PvE will make things worse yes begginers will be protected

I'm sorry, you're difficult to understand.

With my suggestion they CAN do PvE in the safe zone - completely safe and uninterrupted.

Let's take a look at what they CAN do with my suggestion:

• PvE safely in the safezone uninterrupted by gankers/"PvP'ers".
  • Do short-range missions uninterrupted by gankers/"PvP'ers".
  • level-up to rear admiral uninterrupted by gankers/"PvP'ers".
  • Make limited money uninterrupted by gankers/"PvP'ers".
  • Have fun uninterrupted by gankers/"PvP'ers".
  • Test new ships uninterrupted by gankers/"PvP'ers".
  • Buy all basic books from the admiralty store uninterrupted by gankers/"PvP'ers".

Let's take a look at what they CANNOT do:

• PvP.
  • Get special books/upgrades.
  • Get the best trade deals.
  • Get special ship notes.
  • Do the new long range missions.
  • Attack AI fleets.

We can always look at PvP rewards later, that is not what we are discussing here... We have to create a safe environment where new players aren't constantly threatened by PvP'ers looking for an easy kill. When we have accomplished that, content must be added outside the zone to lure them out.

Edited by Percival Merewether
Added some points + Spelling.
  • Like 1

Hi Lovec1990. The reward mechanics for PvP are OK. Some people are unwilling to do PvP because they do not want to loose a ship (and ships are realy cheap atm) and because of this, they will never learn to fight a good PvP battle. Some people want to be rewarded for ganking or running or „efforts“. Why? The reward for the fight is the fight itself and the winner gets PvP marks on top.

New players need more protection and I like the idea of Percival. There are a lot of Rearadmirals hideing in the reinforcementzones who get fat and need less protection. I like the way Percivals suggestions deals with those players. They will be abe to hide there again but they will get less fat. Nice!

PvP zone will need some love, too, to stop all that ganking. Esp. I do not understand those players who join the highBR side of a battle in the PvP zone. This should not be possible any more. Than it will be much better.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2018 at 4:01 PM, Percival Merewether said:

Let's take a look at what they CAN do with my suggestion:

• PvE safely in the safezone uninterrupted by gankers/"PvP'ers".
  • Do short-range missions uninterrupted by gankers/"PvP'ers".
  • level-up to rear admiral uninterrupted by gankers/"PvP'ers".
  • Make limited money uninterrupted by gankers/"PvP'ers".
  • Have fun uninterrupted by gankers/"PvP'ers".
  • Test new ships uninterrupted by gankers/"PvP'ers".
  • Buy all basic books from the admiralty store uninterrupted by gankers/"PvP'ers". 

in 1 word

GRINDING

borind grinding...rinse and repeat for 1 month or more before doing something different (if you do something different too early, you get killed and come back home scared to exit again out of safe area...game broken again)...this was what made players go away

lack of variety from the beginning, lack of challenge, lack of difficulty....newbs can be killed once then they have X mark so hunter wont tag them again...

actual mechanic is the best one since sea trials, creating instead a safe PVE area (tell us the truth) inside PVP server will push the players back to leave, and they will be PVE'rs not PVP'rs. i swear

On 9/2/2018 at 4:42 PM, Lovec1990 said:

Very few people who enjoy the fact that they were destroyed (Fear of Failure).

Edited by qw569