Game-Labs Forum

Fix it so you cannot redeem extra DLC ships by "hiding" them in fleet

Just now, NethrosDefectus said:

No one is crying over anything, it is an "exploit" to get around a limitation the developers have quite rightly put into the game and should be fixed

Crying  its not about fleet abuse its about what intrepido and springby wrote

Personally, I would prefer no multiples of DLC ships.

I would also like to see no bonuses added to DLC ships - this would reduce the number of people breaking up ships every 24 hours until they get a purple or gold ships.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elric said:

Personally, I would prefer no multiples of DLC ships.

I would also like to see no bonuses added to DLC ships - this would reduce the number of people breaking up ships every 24 hours until they get a purple or gold ships.

only if crafted ships are affected the same way

• Like 1

As I suggested, possibly with a good agreement among DLC ship owners, I'd convert past and future DLCs into redeemable tradable permits with a bit longer CD (48/72 hrs). And ship itself tradable/capturable.

This would give access to them to full playerbase, a (relatively small) ingame profit (as in plenty games - like EVE) for owners and especially will avoid destroying game economy as more DLC ship (as expected) would be added.

I fear the time of having a dozen DLCs and no more worries in crafting.

• Like 2

Just now, Licinio Chiavari said:

As I suggested, possibly with a good agreement among DLC ship owners, I'd convert past and future DLCs into redeemable tradable permits with a bit longer CD (48/72 hrs). And ship itself tradable/capturable.

This would give access to them to full playerbase, a (relatively small) ingame profit (as in plenty games - like EVE) for owners and especially will avoid destroying game economy as more DLC ship (as expected) would be added.

I fear the time of having a dozen DLCs and no more worries in crafting.

I disagree DLC ship needs to be intresting in order too sell if DLC ship is just permit then in order too be intresting ship needs too be good enough too be intresting. But with DLC ship note ship can be much easier too properly balance.

Why should i bother with crafting its boring 

38 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

I disagree DLC ship needs to be intresting in order too sell if DLC ship is just permit then in order too be intresting ship needs too be good enough too be intresting. But with DLC ship note ship can be much easier too properly balance.

Why should i bother with crafting its boring 

Mate a crafted 5th rate costs like a 2/300.000. Something anybody can farm in 1 hr.

And I hate farm in all games. Still something easily bearable.

A full ship DLC on 24 CD is something interesting. A second could be fine.

But think a minute if we have 15 DLC ships. Crafting economy will be completely wiped.

So a part of a open world MMO sandbox will be definately destroywd

Hello mate. 

Here are the rules on any ship owned by a captain.
Player can do whatever he wants: including

• Send it to another outpost
  • Show it to his wife
  • Sail 10 circles around shroud Cay
  • Destroy it
  • Add to fleet

• Like 13

29 minutes ago, admin said:

Hello mate. 

Here are the rules on any ship owned by a captain.
Player can do whatever he wants: including

• Send it to another outpost
  • Show it to his wife
  • Sail 10 circles around shroud Cay
  • Destroy it
  • Add to fleet

Now that made me spit my food out laughing...........🤣🤣🤣😁😆🤣🤣😁😁🤣🤣🤣🤣

I don't get the argument "it's their ship they can do what they want with it" 

there are limits on how many dlc ships you can have at once. This fleet exploit allows people to break that limit. It's like telling a kid "you may have one piece of candy" but then when they put it behind their back you give them another. And they put that one behind their back too, until their hands are full. "But they technically only have 1 right?"

if "we can do whatever we want" with dlc ships why can't we redeem one every day till our docks are completely full? Why can't I fill my docks with 14 individual yachts + 3 in fleet? They are "my ships" and I can do with them what I want! The logic that justifies the fleet technique must also justify that.

Edited by Capt Aerobane
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Capt Aerobane said:

I don't get the argument "it's their ship they can do what they want with it" 

there are limits on how many dlc ships you can have at once. This fleet exploit allows people to break that limit. It's like telling a kid "you may have one piece of candy" but then when they put it behind their back you give them another. And they put that one behind their back too, until their hands are full. "But they technically only have 1 right?"

if "we can do whatever we want" with dlc ships why can't we redeem one every day till our docks are completely full? Why can't I fill my docks with 14 individual yachts + 3 in fleet? They are "my ships" and I can do with them what I want! The logic that justifies the fleet technique must also justify that.

It is not an exploit it is a design feature... you may have a fleet of DLC ships up to your fleet capacity, aka a MAXIMUM of 4 DLC ships of each type.  So your argument of having 14 individual ships is completely moot.  Secondly the DLC ships are good fighters, but they're not invincible, not in the slightest... I can easily take any Herc in most 5th rates above it, the Suprise, Trinc or L' Herm being great examples of ships more than capable of completely routing a Hercules.  

Le Requins are just glass cannons, they're more scary than they really are..  Easily neutralized by running directly downwind, if you need escape and if you have superior firepower they are quickly sunk with well placed shots.  The most difficult thing about fighting a Req is if he decides to run upwind and you're in a square rig, the battle is pretty much over at that point...  he gone and you got to find some new prey.   I have a fleet of 3 hercs, know how often I bring them out?  Rarely (almost never) because I have a fleet of Trincs, Bellona, 1st rates and trading ships to sail...  its not a huge issue and adds a lot to the gameplay... 

1 hour ago, Hemp Amore said:

Le Requins are just glass cannons, they're more scary than they really are..  Easily neutralized by running directly downwind, if you need escape and if you have superior firepower they are quickly sunk with well placed shots.  The most difficult thing about fighting a Req is if he decides to run upwind and you're in a square rig, the battle is pretty much over at that point...  he gone and you got to find some new prey.

The most reasonable words about Requin I read in last times.

Thank you.

Requins are just glass cannons, they're more scary than they really are..  Easily neutralized by running directly downwind, if you need escape and if you have superior firepower they are quickly sunk with well placed shots.  The most difficult thing about fighting a Req is if he decides to run upwind and you're in a square rig, the battle is pretty much over at that point...  he gone and you got to find some new prey.   I have a fleet of 3 hercs, know how often I bring them out?  Rarely (almost never) because I have a fleet of Trincs, Bellona, 1st rates and trading ships to sail...  its not a huge issue and adds a lot to the gameplay... 

Although what you say is true, that is not what makes Requins scary. It is the number of crew and the fact that they are always ready to board. 

It is not an exploit it is a design feature... you may have a fleet of DLC ships up to your fleet capacity, aka a MAXIMUM of 4 DLC ships of each type.  So your argument of having 14 individual ships is completely moot.  Secondly the DLC ships are good fighters, but they're not invincible, not in the slightest... I can easily take any Herc in most 5th rates above it, the Suprise, Trinc or L' Herm being great examples of ships more than capable of completely routing a Hercules.  

Le Requins are just glass cannons, they're more scary than they really are..  Easily neutralized by running directly downwind, if you need escape and if you have superior firepower they are quickly sunk with well placed shots.  The most difficult thing about fighting a Req is if he decides to run upwind and you're in a square rig, the battle is pretty much over at that point...  he gone and you got to find some new prey.   I have a fleet of 3 hercs, know how often I bring them out?  Rarely (almost never) because I have a fleet of Trincs, Bellona, 1st rates and trading ships to sail...  its not a huge issue and adds a lot to the gameplay... 

Calling it a feature instead of an exploit doesn't change my opinion on whether it makes sense. You could intentionally add literally anything and it would be "not an exploit its a design feature" If you can have 4 in fleet, you should be able to have 4 in docks, or vice versa. Having a 24 hour cooldown on redeeming but letting people get around that by putting in fleet is inconsistent.

Secondly, I made no bones about DLC ships being OP in my post, in fact the ship I referenced the most there is the yacht, and nobody is claiming that ship is overpowered.