Game-Labs Forum
Banished Privateer

Port Battle Screenshots (New BR)

6 minutes ago, EliteDelta said:

Yup, I boarded Crusty at the start, Niagara and I (in Requin) sandwitched him. Then fought 1v2 and killed enemy Requin with guns, then boarded the last Niagara as the battle ended (we had two full rounds of boarding with the battle over. He could have left if he had noticed).

How much it took you winning the boarding?

8 minutes ago, EliteDelta said:

Yup, I boarded Crusty at the start, Niagara and I (in Requin) sandwitched him. Then fought 1v2 and killed enemy Requin with guns, then boarded the last Niagara as the battle ended (we had two full rounds of boarding with the battle over. He could have left if he had noticed).

Awww I just noticed the screens are diffrent. I toook this one right as the battle was over.  Andrew was sinking we knew that but thought he would of got out in time. Didn't notice the other board. Yah it's funny how many folks I gotten in boards that didn't escape.  Minnow should of known that too as he's been playing for a good while and very knowledgeable of the game.  I know our Requin was also running Mediums.  I had a sit down with the group and the screeners out side after the battle to ask about how it went.  That was the first battle I called in a good while, but wasn't expecting the turn out we had for players.  We only had a good turn out cause it's Labor Day here int he states.  Still don't know why that timer was put on the only WO port we had.   As you can see I popped the screen shot here right as the battle ended.  You must of got him right after this.

F43A0E6F2A4FEB2935FA2D49FFB8AA4B1011BE4A

15 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

How much it took you winning the boarding?

When I got pulled I had about 160 of my 172 crew and I disengage on my second action (had full prep up when he pulled) and I lost all but 90 crew by time I disengaged.  I know I was set up Barricades, Axes and 5 rings and was completely defencive by him having over 150 crew on me made that pretty much usless. I went from 95 moral to 20.  One more round he would of beat me so that is 3-4 rounds and nothing I could done, maybe hold him off one more round if I had marines, but there was no way I would of won that board straight out with both us being board fit and him having that much more crew than me.   I'm not sure how Minnow was set up. I know our requin was board fit so it was prob best that he sunk him.

Remember I'm not blaming our lost on the ships, we got out played and out brawled by other more skilled players, but unless you have the DLC and the same ships there is no shallow ship that can match the Requin in boards. It's pretty much an instant win against any one that doesn't go defensive build to escape it.  DD means nothing against them when they have 50%  more crew than any other shallow water ship.

Oh that 50 crew kill on my screw was from graping the one Reqiun which I need to test more, i shot at the normal places you use to clear decks with grape and was getting like 8-10 crew that was it with 9 longs.  A ship that over packed should be taking way more crew damage.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, dark lord rediii said:

Also I would like to suggest a different mechanic in portbattles.

1.   no shallowships in deepwater portbattles. It was way better when cerb and mortar was the smallest ship in portbattles. The most boring job today in portbattles is to sail a prince/requin because they only cap circles.    The problem is that they are too strong because of the easy ability to kite inside a circle

2.   2 circle solution with circle capped by more BR inside the circle

Or remove the 2 other circles. Whats the point of them? The circle of death in the old system didn't give points. Remove 2 circles and fighting is a must. No need for kitting ships either. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Oh that 50 crew kill on my screw was from graping the one Reqiun which I need to test more, i shot at the normal places you use to clear decks with grape and was getting like 8-10 crew that was it with 9 longs.  A ship that over packed should be taking way more crew damage.

Can some clearly show where are the hit boxes on the xebec?

2 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

Or remove the 2 other circles. Whats the point of them? The circle of death in the old system didn't give points. Remove 2 circles and fighting is a must. No need for kitting ships either. 

The old circle of death welcomed kiting for defenders because you won by BR.

I would agree with 1 small circle but this also kills some tactics because smaller ships have no place then

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aquillas said:

Can some clearly show where are the hit boxes on the xebec?

All crew is in the open areas, so wherever the guns are and the quarter deck ( above and below the cover ).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

All crew is in the open areas, so wherever the guns are and the quarter deck ( above and below the cover ).

but it is clearly not working as intended when sir texas sir kills 8-10 crew on the requin with a grape broadside. I remember about 1 year ago you could kill 40-50 crew if you would grape a RH broadside to broadside, that would have made much more sense today against open decked ships, but it doesent

Edited by Wyy
  • Like 2

I think @z4ys has the recordings of pre-fix and post-fix :)

If conditions are right, it kills a fair amount. This i guarantee. Done it.

As I posted on the proper developer Requin feedback thread - test the stern angle shots and record them.

Before I went to work tonight I was playing around with a basic cutter and t brig.  I noticed I had to get extremely close for grape to be effective and that was on a stern rack with no armor.  I’ll have to do some testing of this though.  *looks for clan mate to be a victim.*. 

If there is a video of it being tested can you link?  

13 minutes ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

I think @z4ys has the recordings of pre-fix and post-fix :)

If conditions are right, it kills a fair amount. This i guarantee. Done it.

As I posted on the proper developer Requin feedback thread - test the stern angle shots and record them.

If the conditions are right?  You mean when the moon and stars align just right?  I’m sorry you got a ship over stuffed with crew it should slaughter crew on deck pretty easily not when you have to have the perfect conditions.

@Sir Texas Sir, your comment was ironic, but true. I checked in my records and found not a single stern rake to a xebec. Some bow rakes, which gave little result to the crew, but the current situation is the Req coming to you for boarding (can be bow-raked), you evade and can usually place a broadside to her side, the Req breaks and she runs upwind out of grape range far before you can reload. The few test I made to grape the sides during the boarding attempts killed no crew.

Yah I think I got more crew damage from the double ball I was shooting before that. Like I said I’ll have to test it as in the heat of battle you could be off on aim and other issues.

1 hour ago, dark lord rediii said:

The old circle of death welcomed kiting for defenders because you won by BR.

I would agree with 1 small circle but this also kills some tactics because smaller ships have no place then

I did say keep the new point system with 1 circle. What is the point in smaller shops anyway? If aggys, 3rds, 2nds and 1st rates are capable of having a competitive fights I believe that is more than we can ask for. Just imagine a port battle that gave you the objection of fighting in 1 circle. It would be great.

Also, I think 1 slightly bigger circle is better. Point system stays so if the defender kites he is dead.  

Edited by HachiRoku
  • Like 1

There are some ships that lose a considerable amount of crew after the enemy broadside.

Imo, the requin should lose 2 or 3 times that number.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

I did say keep the new point system with 1 circle. What is the point in smaller shops anyway? If aggys, 3rds, 2nds and 1st rates are capable of having a competitive fights I believe that is more than we can ask for. Just imagine a port battle that gave you the objection of fighting in 1 circle. It would be great.

Why not both? You like deathmatch PBs, others like 3-circle-conquest-PBs. Both have different tactics involved. I favor addition of content than pure changing of content or even reduction of it.

12 hours ago, dark lord rediii said:

1.   no shallowships in deepwater portbattles. It was way better when cerb and mortar was the smallest ship in portbattles. The most boring job today in portbattles is to sail a prince/requin because they only cap circles.    The problem is that they are too strong because of the easy ability to kite inside a circle

As usual i agree with everything you say about PBs. But i think we should just make the circles way smaller, like half the diameter it has now. If a small ship cant kite in it anymore, it will become useless.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Also, I think 1 slightly bigger circle is better. Point system stays so if the defender kites he is dead.  

That would be like another OW engagement between big fleets. I prefer the more tactical approach we have now regarding PBs.

Can it be better? Ofc, but with some tweaks and without the need of a new system.

Edited by Intrepido

14 hours ago, dark lord rediii said:

less equipied, with less HP, less fast, losing the bow even against 3rd and 4th rates while losing a lot more crew than a buccentaure?  I think there is something wrong with the ship.

We have tested Pavel today vs the Bucentaure and have not found any abberations in terms of crew

Test 1 

Broadside to broadside 75 m - 5 full broadsides of ball from max possible caliber
Pavel vs pavel - lost 177 men (or 23%)
Bucentaure vs bucentaure - lost 217 men (or 25%)

Test 2
Raking fire with stern at 0 planking integrity at 75m - 5 full broadsides from max possible caliber
Pavel vs Pavel - lost 412 men - or 52%
Bucentaure vs Bucentaure - lost 452 men or 53%

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, admin said:

We have tested Pavel today vs the Bucentaure and have not found any abberations in terms of crew

Test 1 

Broadside to broadside 75 m - 5 full broadsides of ball from max possible caliber
Pavel vs pavel - lost 177 men (or 23%)
Bucentaure vs bucentaure - lost 217 men (or 25%)

Test 2
Raking fire with stern at 0 planking integrity at 75m - 5 full broadsides from max possible caliber
Pavel vs Pavel - lost 412 men - or 52%
Bucentaure vs Bucentaure - lost 452 men or 53%

Still I would improve a bit the pavel.

Allow it to have 32pd carros, less heel and +200 HP. It loses firepower because we often dont equip the cannons in the upper deck.

54 minutes ago, Havelock said:

As usual i agree with everything you say about PBs. But i think we should just make the circles way smaller, like half the diameter it has now. If a small ship cant kite in it anymore, it will become useless.

Large ships do not have enough room to maneuver in small circles. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

That would be like another OW engagement between big fleets. I prefer the more tactical approach we have now regarding PBs.

Can it be better? Ofc, but with some tweaks and without the need of a new system.

There is nothing tactical about PBs. The circle system takes the whole concept of fleet tactics and throws it out the window. All you think about is getting to a or b on time because some timer says so. It should be more about getting a fleet into position against another fleet. I prefered the old system that really was more about winning. Kiting was a pain but it was better than taking a port like turneffe without either side loosing a ship. 

• Like 1