Game-Labs Forum

Idea: Forum Ship description list with BR BASE

Idea: Forum Ship description list with BR BASE

@admin

Nice update and the ship as well. Like the idea of a dynamic Battle Rating system. And it rolled out slowly...

The Battle Rating System...

Again, may I suggest a forum area dedicated to either each ship of at least ship Ratings or small peer groups. Otherwise a single thread just goes off at all sorts of tangents and nothing can be seen clearly.

Running Before we walk...

We need to agree or actually see the BR Universe size and where each and every baseline ship fits first. Then relativity where that ship balances in relation to every other ship. Peer Groups as well.

Like you said this is a game, even so The Theory of General Relativity in NA-OW boxed universe needs to be understood. Just like in our world. We should see the relative balance between an Essex, a Snow and a Santisima. If we can’t the game is not balanced.

Battle Rating Influences...

If the highest BASE rating is 1,000 how is it made up?

What @vazcopoints out Battle Performance like LeRq is great for capping circles while the L’O is a floating heavily tanked battery. They have very different roles in the same battle. What weighting would be given to a BASE L’O at 1,000 made Fir/Fir the adjustment should be significant. But why?

The Ship build is out of context to its role or purpose for its reason within the game.

This is why we need the BASE description list of all ships first, a BASE build Renommee will be different build from an Essex to a Santisima build.

Instinctive or Intuitive...

I should be able to talk to @Intrepidoabout new ship that will drop into the game. Intuitively we should both feel where it should fit and handle. All this before seeing it. This can only happen if the ships are relatively balanced first.

Mods, Buffs and Stacks...

Later as the Battle Rating model grows and settles in then the mods can come into play. I also think out side buffs can be applicable with logical/historic linked mixed ship groupings. Defensive Divisional squadrons consisting of exactly the same ship in a PB should encounter nerfs as well to balance.

Closing

You and the team are getting there. This game is happening, and its coming to life. The dynamic BR is a brilliant idea. Keep up the great work...

These are just my thoughts, and a six-month outsider as well. So, if you think its rubbish let me know and if you can do better likewise...

Norfolk nChance [ELITE]

Edited by Norfolk nChance
  • Like 2

Do you mean an Naval Action version of Jane's fighting Ships? If so the benefits would be enormous, it would allow fleet and single ship selection to be simpler especially for new players or those looking for ships, or fit outs for specific tasks.

Most new players, and, some of the veterans too,  may not be aware of what these ships could actually do, or the rich history of some of the names of ships in NA so a directory of ships, roles, builds and ordinance should be of great benefit and to some, interest.

After all,if one is interested enough to sail and fight these ships, surely a little knowledge of what they can do, how they compare with each other, or, how builds and fitting out alter the character of the basic ship would be useful.

Edited by Sir Lancelot Holland
  • Like 2

yes my next idea is called....

Idea: Norfolk reads The Fleet Command Skill Book

It will take a few days to finish. Either as an out of game source that drives in game content. Or/and the skill to command squadrons with fleet bonuses

NnC

Edited by Norfolk nChance
  • Like 1