Game-Labs Forum

keyboard crash

Hullabaloo

Hi

Not very IT literate, so apologies if this is daft.

I have had a problem with my keyboard lately where it completely stops working (on any application). Shutting down the PC and then taking out the battery and then replacing them solves it.

The thing is, I use this PC all day every day for work and often evenings too for gaming. I am typing all day and this has only ever happened twice. BOTH times whilst typing in the chat window in Naval Action! Considering that prob makes up for about 0.1% of my total typing that would be a massive coincidence, possible yes, but very very unlikely. Is there a known issue?

I am using a Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 500, Windows 10. I am terrible for updating drivers.

Just thought I would let you know

@Hullabaloo

Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 500 (I think its 5000?)

https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/d/wireless-comfort-desktop-5000

This is the driver for the 5000

You’ve said the keyboard works ok during the day etc. Only playing Naval Action and when typing in chat does it crash. This I think could be the issue, “Wireless Bluetooth” Power Management. You need to uncheck a box I think.

When gaming, especially high graphics usage like NA the computer is trying to run more efficiently and will turn off Bluetooth apps like the keyboard.

[1] First bottom left Search box type “Device Manager”

[2] left click “Bluetooth”, then click “Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)

[3] Far right tab click “Power Management”

[4] Make sure “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” Box is unchecked.

Hope this helps

Norfolk

• Like 1