PVE NATION

Ok so safe zones are not great.

What about a PVE nation??

1 nation which is PVE.

Rules:

1. Cannot be tagged.

2. Cannot tag.

3. Cannot trade with other nationals.

4. Can do everything else as per the game.

Pros:

No more safe zones.

A nation to learn in.

Player base grows.

Naval action has slightly safer future.

No more whinning about gankers.

Cons:

None really, as I can see.

• Like 6

I don't see the point of having a nation on the pvp server that can not interact with the rest of the server in any meaningful way and can be heavily exploited. If someone wants nothing to do with pvp in any way there is a server for that. So what would this add?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Aster said:

I don't see the point of having a nation on the pvp server that can not interact with the rest of the server in any meaningful way and can be heavily exploited. If someone wants nothing to do with pvp in any way there is a server for that. So what would this add?

If you cant see the point after reading what I wrote then I can't help you ?

It is also impossible to exploit it.

Spying with un killable spys. Trading with no risk of being killed switching nation every 30 days to offload profits. Farming open world fleets again with no risk. The list goes on.

Anyway the players in this "nation" would do literally nothing meaningful on the server past just be there. So What is the point of putting them on the pvp server when the pve server is literally everything you wanted?

• Like 4

Just now, Aster said:

Spying with un killable spys. Trading with no risk of being killed switching nation every 30 days to offload profits. Farming open world fleets again with no risk. The list goes on.

Anyway the players in this "nation" would do literally nothing meaningful on the server past just be there. So What is the point of putting them on the pvp server when the pve server is literally everything you wanted?

What are you on about??

Every nation has ALTS now for spying.

Farming what every 30 days?? 1 million gold per month!!! Wow.....

Farming fleets....why ???

'Re- read the post.

You can't alt abuse it.

One server.

No safe zones.

A place to learn without being farmed by vets.

Player retention etc etc etc.

The PVE server is lifeless and will not transfer players to PVP.

It's fine if you don't get it, not everyone will.

I think, and correct me if i'm wrong as i am wrong quite often :), that Crow is describing combining servers and increasing player base for a single server. I'm not sure the PvE side being untouchable would benefit the PvP gameplay as such, and might even have a negative effect.

There is a PvE element in the PvP server, things dont build themselves.

If perhaps the servers were combined, but the rewards for attacking a PvE / Trader vessel were lessened to the point that only their cargo would be retrievable with little to no PvP / Combat marks awarded, this may afford trader rats a little more security. Less of a temptation to PvP'rs. Disrupting nations trade routes is a good thing.
Personally when I'm trading or on a resource run, which lets face it needs be done by most clans, i relish the thought of being caught in the act, its what makes the game imho. Reaching Port with a sigh of relief is enjoyable :)

Anyhow, just my thoughts splurting out,

Fair winds n safe seas Capt'ns o7

36 minutes ago, I Corn said:

think, and correct me if i'm wrong as i am wrong quite often :), that Crow is describing combining servers and increasing player base for a single server. I'm not sure the PvE side being untouchable would benefit the PvP gameplay as such, and might even have a negative effect.

You are correct.😁

I to like the chase and the evade/escape.

But this is also about removing the safe zones mechanic completely from PvP national waters.

Then in the pve nation, new players can grow and learn and just, may not leave the game, after being sink 4 times in one night just trying to do a mission.

And for players who like just pve it combines both servers, saving money for the devs etc.

• Like 2

We had neutral nation (with the capital in Pitts town)
Nationals could not attack them, only pirates could attack them.

But neutrals were discontinued as they went against the philosophy - you can attack anything you see (you could attack anyone anywhere then and that feature got removed too due to too many mistakes new players made turning pirates right and left by mistake). 

+ even with basic economy and no crafting they already were causing stir with economy oriented players who could be attacked and had to risk cargo when moving. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, admin said:

But neutrals were discontinued as they went against the philosophy - you can attack anything you see (you could attack anyone anywhere then and that feature got removed too due to too many mistakes new players made turning pirates right and left by mistake). 

+ even with basic economy and no crafting they already were causing stir with economy oriented players who could be attacked and had to risk cargo when moving. 

@admin As far as my limited knowledge and experience goes in NA (PvP) server, most Trader vessels are tagged and cargo left alone as most frig etc cannot carry the goods. It appears to be more of an easy PvP Mark gain. Do you think there would be an easier PvP/E experience if the temptation for easy PvP marks on trader vessels was reduced or even removed on the PvP server? i.e. A trader still involved in the PvP server, but less chance to be tagged???

Edited by I Corn

27 minutes ago, admin said:

Ok thanks for the reply.

Just thinking of ways to grow the game.😁.

Won't work. Everyone would have them as alts and just sell mats and ships for 1 gold in ports. Would you have separate stores to? No contact at all and we might as well use pvp server.  People want to sail for the great and glorious royal navy. They are just not great themselves. Wouldn't change a thing. Let's them cry 

• Like 1

Many ideas get sunk just because the inevitable argument "but the alts..." does surface. Kill the 'alt' problem altogether instead of using it as excuse to block anything new which "might get exploited".

Original post:

I like it on condition the PvE server is not discontinued because of this. PvE nation on PvP server could be an intermediate or compromise tool for those who venture from pure PvE world to PvP for trying out, but still enjoy some protection unless they are ready to go "full risk" (there would be a switch they could use later when they feel like it, to leave PvE nation and join any PvP nation). For this, I would add to the original post PvE nation a.k.a. 'neutrals' would have the option to tag others, just as a difference to the PvE world/server, to try out fighting human players. If it goes wrong, they can not blame others but themselves for the experience made.

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac
  • Like 2

Zones were introduced after Nations lost all ports except capital and a lot of waves were raised.

Interesting enough the phenomenon is fairly "recent" when compared to the trail carved since EA went live.

Let me share a couple things.

- 3 pvp servers, 2 full and a third almost full. Despite the durabilities, the ships were hard to build. there were no buildings, no outposts. Crafter/trader captains had to sail to every port to gather the stuff OR attack OW AI traders to steal crafting materials / capture ships to break down for materials.

- BUT the whole point is more to >> we all knew there was no safety, we learned to play accordingly and expect danger. The timer to enter battles was extended everywhere but it was no guarantee of help. Also, after a while, people started misusing those same timers to warp from battle to battle with an invisible cloak. I remember being dutch captain and chasing these guys until a fellow finally managed to record how they did it. The solution was awesome - 2 minutes, no invisibility. Better yet was the insta close what you see is what you get.

- point: a certain amount of players will never play as intended and will game the game, messing up a lot for the rest.  

- conquest flag design worked great for a while, and healthy wars were fought. Sweden was reduced to Capital only, twice. They rose twice from the ashes. Then a full drive of "abuse", "exploit" and "win by all means" arose and the Flag system went to "garbage". NA RvR was never the same after that.

- point: conquest flag system became so poluted by misuse that it became impossible to return to a healthy conquest.

- Several systems of trade were tested. The most interesting was both the real distribution of goods by proper geographic regions AND the regional crafting bonuses ( conquest was by region ). Alas the commitment needed at logistical level proved to be too much for a lot of players and the fast flowing conquest could mean that naval bases would be lost. Players and clans with no fall back plans did get caught in an incessant moving of warehouses and resources.

All this to say:

- we knew we had no safety anywhere. we played accordingly. - zones are misguiding and with a RoE that is weird. Albeit many players advocate the battles always open, the proof is that it doesn't work. Attackers in the zone are aggressive, opposite to the majority of players that populate the zone - they inhabit the zone because they are not aggressive enough.

PvE server is excellent for what you propose. It is a calm place to learn the OW mechanics ( apart from PvP tags, etc ) and the combat flow.

• Like 1

What is also popular among PvE players from what I read in discussions there in global chat is introducing there an option to "politely ask for a PvP duel" between players which can be turned down, politely. No hard feelings.

Unrestricted trading on PvE between most ports being neutral lets them learn trading without need of paranoia, to run upon raiders. An duel option would make them familiar with human combat without yet doing the fearsome decision to move over to PvP server. Where a neutral nation would faciliate their first steps. Where the "polite asking" turns into the next step on the ladder, the unrestricted possibility to enter PvP battle, yet stay safe as being not-attackable as long as they would belong to neutral nation.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

this is a better idea than safe zones are for sure. right now game is terrible because of safe zones. no hunting and no pvp to be had. everyone just gets everything done in the safe zone with no need to leave. 

You have absolutely no room to talk about lack of PvP. You hang out in a Port that has Dutch, Prussian, Pirate, and U S ports all next door. You see them all every day and yet the only ones you will attack are the U S players. You do not want better “hunting opportunity” you want better “Farming opportunity”.

So King Of Crowns I have heard you crying and have called your Mommy.

1 hour ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

I think @Crow idea could work... coupled with limited (less profitable + slower) progression being PVE and a merge with PVE server.

No merge. That is toxic for the PvE server community. They don't want it.

Edit: if you don't believe me, dial in on PvE and ask in global chat.

16 hours ago, Old Crusty said:

You have absolutely no room to talk about lack of PvP. You hang out in a Port that has Dutch, Prussian, Pirate, and U S ports all next door. You see them all every day and yet the only ones you will attack are the U S players. You do not want better “hunting opportunity” you want better “Farming opportunity”.

So King Of Crowns I have heard you crying and have called your Mommy.

Now to be fair the US guys have really not been picked on at all by WO for a few weeks, have been way more busy gathering Spanish salt. I personally strive to kill as many as I can but some nations like the Dutch are rare unicorns that you see once in a blue moon outside their home waters.

Edit PS. The victim crying only makes the salt sharks more hungry.

Edited by Aster

would it be posseble to not offer a option of distort.

(agressor can put the question via m menu) notification in battle chat.
(defedender can choose to pay in say menu)

if both agree player get recently killed tag.

purchased a insurance (1or 2 pvp mark (battle reward for attacker + 100.000 coins paid from traders account)

often traders carried extra gold just to bribe safe journey's

players stil can choose what they want. time and small rewards or chance on bigger loot more pvp mark.

Edited by speijk

On 8/28/2018 at 11:23 PM, Aster said:

the Dutch are rare unicorns that you see once in a blue moon outside their home waters.

The Dutch were given a port on the Florida coast by France. So the U S sees them almost daily. The ones we see can really sail. Very skilled at sailing together.

This does highlight the fact that there is no neutral port close to the U S like their is everywhere else. I do think that one port in Florida should be a Neutral port.