Game-Labs Forum

Do we really need the "Recently Killed" Mechanic?

A recently killed player can still tag and can still enter combat AND still receive all the rewards associated with sinking another player. SO why can we not get rewards for sinking them?

Of course I understand why it is there (to discourage griefing) but I don't think it is any longer relevant, especially in today's "revenge fleet" culture the game has.

If a player is still able to tag and enter battle then rewards should still be given to the player that sinks them surely.

@admin

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

Easy.  Stop recently killed from entering combat.  Why should you be forced to fight someone when there is nothing to be gained?

cool i sink myself so i can transport 5 rings and any other book without being attacked and be not able to get pulled. pls +1

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 9

42 minutes ago, McKillen said:

It is mainly to help in stopping alt farmers. It is annoying but alt farmers annoy me more personally

Pointless, if I were to surrender and then my "friend" sinks my ship I don't have recently killed status. Repeat and Rinse. 

Combat news does more to flush out alt farmers than "recently killed" ever has

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, vazco said:

it's probably enough to make recently killed work only for the player who killed in the first place.

Brilliant! Seriously, why not just do this!?!?!!? 

22 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Well it doesn't work, it is obsolete, it does more "harm" than good. 

It needs to go.

24 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Pointless, if I were to surrender and then my "friend" sinks my ship I don't have recently killed status. Repeat and Rinse. 

Combat news does more to flush out alt farmers than "recently killed" ever has

If that is true, then ffs the current mechanic ONLY do harm and no good..! This should be raising a lot of red flags for all argumenting against this.. 

Just now, Banished Privateer said:

2 alts with 1 main farming one by one? 3 accounts farming each other, that giiiives... 6 farm kills per hour. 

Now you can have 2 per hour with 2 accounts, 3 with 3. I bet people with 3 alts don't have to worry about PvP marks anyway.

Just now, Banished Privateer said:

And I bet PvP players don't have to worry about getting no rewards for recently killed players. Your suggestion would increase farming posibilities 2x. 

No, it wouldn't. It would increase farming possibilities for people with 3 alts. That's probably 2% of players, out of which probably 80% can buy as many marks as they want thanks to money from alts. Taking those numbers, it would probably increase farming by 0,5%. It would also remove 95% of the issue.

Wow, you simply can't agree with anything I'm saying :) 

59 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

It's enough if that 2% of players will earn 1000 PvP marks and sell them for 150-200m gold to ruin the game balance and economy.

With current rules same guys could earn 500 PvP marks and ruin economy (which I doubt would happen in any case). Not much difference. TBH economy can be ruined in many other ways. We don't have and we won't have eg. antitrust laws, we have some extremely profitable trade routes and even more profitable trade brokering. It's almost certain that some people will take advantage of this after wipe.

At some point it's important to weight the cost of having and not having protection.

Having small decrease (if any) of PvP mark price is worth the convenience of not having to worry about recently killed.

TBH game should actually put more focus on prizes based on recognition, and less on prizes based on hard value. It would make a whole system more balanced.

All valid points, but it doesn't change the fact that A recently killed player can earn rewards but rewards are not given for sinking them. 

I'm not even suggesting it should have to be PvP marks but the gold and combat marks should still be given

Edited by NethrosDefectus

5 hours ago, dark lord rediii said:

Just link it player killed+player who killed. 

Doesnt make sense that some guy can kill himself, after that go to PB just to deny enemy marks. 

no this wil let people rage group kill people.

Get rid of it. It does more harm than good for ow pvp. Half the server is alts you wont stop them all from exploiting to make rank anyway. I dont see how you can even be trolled now, you can port to outpost after you die meaning you cant get camped in a port. I honestly dont know how you'd be trolled unless you wanted to lose ships. As far as exploiting goes, whats easier to detect in combat news, someone farming an alt every 45 mins or w/e the cooldown is, or someone going to town on an alt as fast as they can. It can be done either way, the cooldown only makes it harder for other players to detect and other players watching combat news seems (to my knowledge) to be the only way to monitor that form of exploit.

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 1

I'd rather look at the source of the problem -- PvP marks caused the worst of farming. If you don't have pvp marks then there is no need to farm "alts" or players.

Recently killed is a bad fix to a problem we have, but it is there because a couple bad apples decided to farm accounts for pvp marks. If pvp marks didn't give such powerful bonuses and instead gave cosmetics items we probably wouldn't be complaining as much.

• Like 3

Meh of you have an 'alt' (boring) you can make more from stolen gold and laundering it to '''''''''your'''''''' nation than killing yourself and your slave over and over and over again. #boring#cantgethisownstuff#hashtag.

I say let them alt farm so I know who the peasantly blacksmiths are and where to find the alty mcalty Alts to sink The treasonous scum back to the stone age

Edited by traitorous mctraitoro