Game-Labs Forum

Very simple.  Experienced players should not be in Basic Cutters.  If you end up in a port where you have no ships, buy a Lynx.  The cutters are used by experienced players for all sorts of things in order to avoid combat.  Its not worth tagging them so they get away with it.  Lets leave the cutter to the first two ranks.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with cutters for any rank.  If you don't like that they may not lose anything, then maybe you should suggest they have to buy them once they hit a certain rank.  Otherwise, totally disagree.  Any you can't avoid combat in a cutter, you can be tagged like anyone else, and many people have things of value on their cutter as they transport them.

• Like 1

I like to have a Basic Cutter available.  They work well to travel to and from ports when checking prices or transporting small quantities of stuff. 

I would prefer to use a Lynx and if I'm in a port without a ship I would likely buy a Lynx, or T Lynx, if they are priced reasonably.  But to be forced to spend some huge price just to get a ride back to a friendly port, where I own some ships, would be gamey and overly competitive.  Not all players have millions in gold and having to buy expensive ships just for transport would not improve the game.

I trade, fish and flee from fighting, but I don't use the Basic Cutters to avoid combat.  Having the option taken away, just to appease some players who are eager to more easily force me into PvP, would be offensive.  

Edited by Macjimm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BuckleUpBones said:

And if you have no credits you’ll be suck in a port unable to buy a ship nor a basic cutter, suck for good, forever.

2 hours ago, Jean Ribault said:

If you don't like that they may not lose anything, then maybe you should suggest they have to buy them once they hit a certain rank.

Suggestion:
How about playing a mission? From a certain rank you get the basic cutter only "free", if you play a simple mission of the 7th rank. If you pass this mission, you can get the cutter and the "reward". That should be easy for an experienced player to do. Just a little time. In my opinion, punishment should be if you play so that you have no more money in your pocket.

Vorschlag:
Wie wäre es mit dem Spielen einer Mission? Ab einem bestimmten Rang bekommt man den Basic Cutter nur noch "kostenlos", wenn man eine einfache Mission des 7.Ranges spielt. Wenn man diese Mission besteht, kann man den Kutter und die "Belohnung" erhalten. Das sollte für einen erfahrenen Spieler leicht zu schaffen sein. Kostet halt nur etwas Zeit. Strafe sollte meiner Meinung nach sein, wenn man so spielt, dass man kein Geld mehr in der Tasche hat.

3 hours ago, Crow said:

Tag the cutters.

If low rank let them go.

If high rank. Keeellll them.

Had many low rank player in cutters that were transporting books or stuff to build modules. Therefore I stopped looking at ranks at all. You can't tell if new player or alt. 

• Like 6

14 hours ago, JoeFried said:

Suggestion:
How about playing a mission? From a certain rank you get the basic cutter only "free", if you play a simple mission of the 7th rank. If you pass this mission, you can get the cutter and the "reward". That should be easy for an experienced player to do. Just a little time. In my opinion, punishment should be if you play so that you have no more money in your pocket.

So you wanna make up more rules to fix a bad one!