Game-Labs Forum

Please do something for bring the players back!

5 minutes ago, Le Raf Boom said:

The game attracts a lot of people but has a difficulty holding on to them, the upcoming patch seems like a good start to help that issue (maybe).

I hope same here we will see... the Wipes was the biggest Problem of all Problems they have lose many stuff and many time thats why they stop playing ... but its normal in a early acces game we will see after the coming patch...o7

3 minutes ago, ZuLu oNe5432 said:

I hope same here we will see... the Wipes was the biggest Problem of all Problems they have lose many stuff and many time thats why they stop playing ... but its normal in a early acces game we will see after the coming patch...o7

Perhaps if certain people (looking at you and your mate Jossurr) conducted themselves with more decorum in battles then people would be more inclined to stick around.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Perhaps if certain people (looking at you and your mate Jossurr) conducted themselves with more decorum in battles then people would be more inclined to stick around.

best we stop the killing and we all become peaceful merchants :)

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, z4ys said:

best we stop the killing

You mean the "invasion of zone OW battles because we can enter for 10 minutes and enemy is totally blind" ?

Right 'oh, right 'oh.

OW chance encounters is one thing. Purpose "smashing the blind noob" in the zone is... "part of the game" I guess...

But hey, it is what it is. Battles open for extended periods because "friends would be able to enter and always help".

I am glad that approach is working as intended.

• Like 3

Well Iam sry for all the noobs ^^ but hey we all where once noobs :P I lost so many ships and stuff when I was a noob and get ganked every time I got a new ship and some gold for cannons....that was the start of bloody training and learning now you can go mess around with everyone thats the cool history in this game... o7 

• Like 2

Must instil that willingness to overcome the "gear fear" and especially the love for the sail and OW encounter combat into the newcomers.

Maybe many are "wronged" by disparate and erroneous advice ?

Maybe the newcomer should have to pass a Kobayashi-Maru exam first ? 

o7

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

Must instil that willingness to overcome the "gear fear" and especially the love for the sail and OW encounter combat into the newcomers.

Maybe many are "wronged" by disparate and erroneous advice ?

Maybe the newcomer should have to pass a Kobayashi-Maru exam first ? 

o7

Its reward mechanic that couses most dislike to do OW battles against other players and we already have topic about it

• Like 2

Just now, Lovec1990 said:

Its reward mechanic that couses most dislike to do OW battles against other players and we already have topic about it

It is a good one and hopefully more diverse and opposed views will always be shared there.

I think it is more acknowledge own mistakes and less the rewards. But, if the reward mechanic promotes retention all good. Mistakes will be made, over and over again. By the same players, from Midshipman to Rear Admiral.

In the end it is personal time spent on a hobby but that requires the player to understand what he is signing up for.

There are situations that will happen, frequently, in the OW that the newcomer is not aware. And I think we must work on that.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ZuLu oNe5432 said:

If they left because of the Great Wipe of 2017 (a fresh beginning) then they probably weren't too excited about the game to begin with.  I thought the first couple of weeks after the Great Wipe was a lot of fun. 

• Like 1

I left PvP because I couldn't keep up with crafting/ship build meta with the hours of gaming I had available. I left PvE because there was little to do besides Fleet Missions and Solo Missions and every patch seemed to cater to the PvP crowd. 

Will I come back for a new UI? No, but I will come back to try out the new mission types. If I stay will depend on how compelling and in-depth they make them. 

• Like 2

300% more AI actively would help.

Fact is most new players won’t overcome OW sailing, that group can not be retained or saved.

But the next group, who will push into 5th rates needs action, most will become causals, some will climb the ranks but generally if there’s too much downtime (sailing) this group will look for action in other games.

Broadly for low ranks, open ocean is pretty much a void and the best action is in and around ports or hanging around ports waiting for fleets to arrive, that can take some time, especially if the wind is not good. For me I've move away from combat missions and find attacking OW fleets much more fun, it's just the varieties of fleets and action is what's good about it.

The Zone.

Up to 5th rates can be played all around the capitals and surrounding ports, the zone that needs AIs is just outside that and the capitals, an open ocean zone, surrounding capitals (maybe most or all ports) , say more than 3 minutes but less than 8 minutes sailing (with wind), casuals won’t want to sail the map but they will to this zone. The very centre ocean as per status quo, voided or chance sighting.

5th rate +.

We/they/newbies needs 300% more AI actively in this zone. These fleets don’t need to be directed to ports, just be open ocean fleets, to sail around the capitals, in the zone. And more varieties of AIs fleets too, including single ship fleets of all classes.

I hope developers aren’t playing the simulation theme here, were sail was hard to find since that would suck big time, we really do need gameplay and lots of it.

I think 300% more AI actively would go along way to adding lots of “Action” into the game and retain some of these players.

Edited by Guest

* Well there was a thing introduced called patrol zones, which did (to be fair to devs) address all the whinging on forums about not enough PvP and people running from battle. This was main excuse for green zone hunting that no targets could be found yadyadayada.

* So few weeks later patrol zones mostly empty except nassau that was good fun,  and players saying how rienforcements to strong in zone,  zone should be smaller,  no more revenge fleets. That patrol zones that would give PvP are empty and is again reason for spawn area hunting...

* Overpowered DLC introduced that make mockery of newly "balanced" rienforcement zones, and hunters happy that they can hunt green zone area's again with little chance for newer players that get  brig or merc to combat the DLC.  Herc made 5th trate in response and yet another 6th rate super ship appears. By now All patrol zones are mostly empty and even nasau with dlc frenzy clams down as players once again move to green zones..... "We have to hunt here because we can't find enough PvP".

* Server pop drops (again)

* New thread on forum about we need more players.....

*  Meanwhile on discord can see groups of players moved to new games.

Just saying things as i see them, what can you do when the same hunters wanting "meaningful" PvP won't go patrol zones as they unfair, can't run, might get ganked etc... But overall the truth is they just want to "spawn camp", kill new players, get easy PvP marks and don't care about lack of playerbase until they see less people even in green zones.

Funny shizzle lol.      😂🤣😂😅

Anyway back to EU4 have fun :D

Edited by Dibbler
  • Like 4

On 8/24/2018 at 6:04 AM, Hethwill the Harmless said:

It is a good one and hopefully more diverse and opposed views will always be shared there.

I think it is more acknowledge own mistakes and less the rewards. But, if the reward mechanic promotes retention all good. Mistakes will be made, over and over again. By the same players, from Midshipman to Rear Admiral.

In the end it is personal time spent on a hobby but that requires the player to understand what he is signing up for.

There are situations that will happen, frequently, in the OW that the newcomer is not aware. And I think we must work on that.

Methinks Lovec1990 is onto something. If every PvP encounter yielded at least 1 PvP mark for both parties, there would be an incentive to fight even if you were sure you would lose. With so many elite players ganking noobs, new players quickly learn to avoid PvP. There just is not much in it for them - just the certainty of having to buy a new ship and cannons etc. But if even the losing player got at least 1 mark....there is incentive to fight. The winner of the PvP fight should get more marks of course....just a thought

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dibbler said:

* Well there was a thing introduced called patrol zones, which did (to be fair to devs) address all the whinging on forums about not enough PvP and people running from battle. This was main excuse for green zone hunting that no targets could be found yadyadayada.

Looks like the developers have settle on a PvP meta, release will see a population boost.

I am late to the party, If there was, I would have like to have participated in a system of +1 -1 rate matched battles. I don’t know if it didn’t worked but it should have mitigated some of the battle and hunting imbalances.

Edited by Guest

26 minutes ago, dark lord rediii said:

if you know so much you should know pvp area is bullshit because of RoE and open battles which only leads to gankfights

At time though people were complaining about kiting also which i guess is why they had the circle of death. Not sure what they can do about the gankfights, very rare to see solo hunters these days so not much better outside patrol either.

As for "knowing so much", are just observations from what i seen over last 16 months or so.

No idea what answer is all i do is F11 a bug when i see it while playing.

Isn't my job to balance game thats devs issue, am tester/player not game designer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dibbler said:

Well there was a thing introduced called patrol zones, which did (to be fair to devs) address all the whinging on forums about not enough PvP and people running from battle. This was main excuse for green zone hunting that no targets could be found yadyadayada

Patrol zone with a proper RoE would be Great.

Having massive fleets joining any engagement 30 minutes into the battle is Not.

• Like 4