Game-Labs Forum

Rebalance naval rank progression

Currently i see a problem between

Post Captain - 400 crew = max 5th Indefatigable

Flag Captain - 650 crew = max 3rd Bellona

I basically completely skipped 4th rates and i think it is a bit shame. I don't have reason to sail them.

On the other hand, 120>155 crew is very small difference regarding ship progression imo.

• Like 1

By that logic, as you hit rear admiral you got "no reason to sail anything else than a l'Ocean"?

I was the second Brit on pvp2 to hit rear admiral, and 1st rates are probably my least used ships.

Once you hit rear admiral you will realize there is much more beauty in smaller ships, too. Especially frigates. :)

• Like 4

15 hours ago, admin said:

Ranks will be rebalanced slightly in the next 1-2 patches
New ranks will also be added on release. 

Is there any chance of some dynamic PvP ranks, based on captain's actual skill in PvP?

A new player should get extra reward (even if in recognition) for sinking eg Moscalb than for an inexperienced rear admiral.

16 hours ago, Liq said:

By that logic, as you hit rear admiral you got "no reason to sail anything else than a l'Ocean"?

I was the second Brit on pvp2 to hit rear admiral, and 1st rates are probably my least used ships.

Once you hit rear admiral you will realize there is much more beauty in smaller ships, too. Especially frigates. :)

I agree with you that all ships are fun and dhave its own place.

I was arguing from the point of progression. I have limited resources and can buy only one ship - Bellona or Agamemnon. As they are priced very similarly, i chose Bellona. But this way, i have less ships I can look forward to during the grind. I basically skipped one step.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Oberon74 said:

You could have a very efficient system with just giving every rank above lieutenant 100 crew.  Tweak the requires crew for certain ships to keep pace.  I'd really like to see a rank above rear Admiral but I cant think of a justification.

I also had a similar idea, maybe more extreme. Increase the max crew by one at a time. With every battle, there would be few men added. This way you could decide for youself - should i buy Bellona when i undercrew it by 50? Should i wait until i undercrew it by 20? Or buy it when i fully crew it? It would be fun. Also it would enable people to sail more ships as they progress. Now i just get level, buy the most powerful ship my crew allows to sail and grind more. There is not much decision making.

Removing the ranks for crew is a bit tricky imo, milestones are important motivating factor.