Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
melarky

Guns Out of Action - WTH??

Got into a battle last nite - I was in a vic. Just started and a bad guy got a lucky shot that seemed to start a small fire below deck. Got that put out quickly but afterwards the guns on the entire right side of the ship stopped working.  Where the number of guns loaded usually shows up there was an R. I tried regular repair and emergency repair but nothing fixed it. They were out for the entire battle. Was lucky to win this one - with just half a ship.

Anyone know what might have happened? What does the R mean? Can it be fixed in combat?

Good info -  thank you. I use the F1-F4 a lot but did not know about F5. Musta fat fingered that one. Why on earth would you not want to reload the guns? That function looks like a good candidate to move somewhere else. Fighting with half a ship was the toughest combat I have had so far. Keeping the good side facing 4 ships :o

3 minutes ago, melarky said:

Why on earth would you not want to reload the guns?

Crew numbers. When you lock the reload, the crew will shift to other stations.

Example: you have a side fully reload that you won't use for a bit, lock the reload and you can maximize the crew on the other broadside.

Ahh! - Could be useful although last nite it did not seem that the good side was reloading any faster.

Anyway, thank you again for the explanation!

Just now, melarky said:

Could be useful although last nite it did not seem that the good side was reloading any faster.

If you look at number of men in gunnery it will be like 700/900 or something like this. This means you can have a total of 900 men on canons but currently have 700. When you hit F5 on a side this will remove all crew from those cannons, meaning they will not reload and will distribute the crew to the other cannons/sailing. Then you will see like 600/600 on gunnery. It is most noticeable in 1st rates and in PBs it is used most probably, although it is always nice to use

I will play around with it and see how they adjust.

You guys are killing me with all this good information. Where is the "Naval Action for Dummies" book? ;)

5 minutes ago, melarky said:

I will play around with it and see how they adjust.

You guys are killing me with all this good information. Where is the "Naval Action for Dummies" book? ;)

Why on earth did you not read the rule book before you started play??!!?

20 hours ago, melarky said:

it did not seem that the good side was reloading any faster.

A gun either does get loaded or it doesnt. Re assembling crew using the hotkeys doesnt increase the reload speed of individual cannons. It just determines whether or not a gun gets enough crew to get loaded.