Game-Labs Forum

Sell a port option (for 1 gold)

cant we have  just

sell a port option to own nation clan

its much easier instead of mobilizing the whole nation and do a time-consuming routine with no real fight at all..

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Le Raf Boom said:

Could be problematic, change nation? sell port to myself. Want to screw my former nation? Sell port to enemy.

well if it stays in the same nation its not a big of a problem i think

small clans can than have a port to 

Edited by Thonys

Is lord protector still a thing? If yes, you are just selling/buying a "useless" maintenance bill, unless its a port with good resources that pays for itself and even then you dont get any more access to those resources that any random alt would have

3 hours ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

How much does a Port cost ?

Would you be selling the port or the title to the port? Assuming nations continue to control ports as they do you are basically selling a title for example  as the governorship of Bermuda, I think there is a bit of devil in how its presented here, if you are selling ports its kinda a bit of a hard to justify idea, modifying it slightly around the wording involved to make it about selling a title you will probably see what is actually a pretty good idea being more easily accepted.

Port rights and Landed titles were exchanged enough to justify the idea on the historical side of things, while the feature would easily be justified by the gameplay aspects, creating a market out of conquest will do more to encourage conquest than most the economy changes we have seen over the past couple of years.

1 hour ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

:) All theorycraft.

Hard number or calculation formula, how much does a port cost ?

https://www.loveproperty.com/gallerylist/51810/26-entire-villages-and-towns-you-can-actually-buy

Just has to be recalculated for the age of sail. Doesn't have some nations bought ports in the Caribbean? Like danes and Swedes? What did they pay?

Edited by z4ys

15 hours ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

:) All theorycraft.

Hard number or calculation formula, how much does a port cost ?

for us nothing.

we got a port by accident.

it actually was agreed for another clan but for some reason, that clan did not have the numbers on the moment the port became free to make hostility and ended up in a claim .

we as a nation did not agree upon, so i would give it away for free .

we need the "sell option "(only port owner) only because perhaps you want gold for it, or maybe not and give it away.

I don't need calculations.

also when transferring ownership its just a server data issue, and has nothing to do with the lord protector victory point subsystem.

lord protectors in the nation are still lord protectors from that port, that has nothing to do with the rulers of the port and ownership. (they become shareholders at some point, who got victory point as there income)

they only lose that income if there is a hostile attack or a nation switch perhaps there

also should be made a shareholder sell option(victory point claim) as well,   you can have more ports ...where you as a player have a victory point claim upon. (perhaps you do not need it :)

also something else in this game only national ports and some big other port generate gold where the national port generate nothing for a clan and the rest of the 300+ port generate nothing, that's a flaw in the setup for trade and generating tax from ports as well ( that needs an overhaul as well in a new trade update )

Edited by Thonys