Game-Labs Forum

Development plans for the H2 2018

14 minutes ago, admin said:

You will be told which ship to bring by the tournament organizers (every weekend will require a different ship (even rookie brigs)
We are not sure about mods influence in tournaments. We can have them both ways (mods, or no mods). We can also limit repairs. On the other hand if someone worked his ass off for elite upgrades - maybe absolute tournaments should also happen. 
But ship must be lost - remember that Chesapeake's captain was challenged for a duel and lost both the duel and the ship. 

Also...

Want to kite? Feel free. Average time to kill will affect your position on the leaderboard. So if someone wants to jerk off kite for hours  for the last place - i wont be his judge + the circle of death

In a competitive sense, i think modding a ship correctly is a skill too. BUT how are we supposed to play the game with 20 ship slots... i barely have enough now! 8 outposts, several hunting ships, a trader here, 3 different ships for RvR, patrol zone... and now we have to get a new ship every week to play the duel tournaments? Youre not making it easy to enjoy all the different content available. I dont have an idea right now how to get around this problem if using crafted ships...

3 minutes ago, Havelock said:

dont have an idea right now how to get around this problem if using crafted ships...

Dont use gold/purple ships ^^ the rest is easy to get^^

Edited by z4ys

4 minutes ago, Havelock said:

In a competitive sense, i think modding a ship correctly is a skill too. BUT how are we supposed to play the game with 20 ship slots... i barely have enough now! 8 outposts, several hunting ships, a trader here, 3 different ships for RvR, patrol zone... and now we have to get a new ship every week to play the duel tournaments? Youre not making it easy to enjoy all the different content available. I dont have an idea right now how to get around this problem if using crafted ships...

8 outposts is too much and is a mistake. We need to address it somehow before release, without removing them.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Havelock said:

i think modding a ship correctly is a skill too

Is this anarchy online or something ? with tens of million of outcomes and every one within marginal gains combos !?!?... right right...

32 minutes ago, admin said:

On the other hand if someone worked his ass off for elite upgrades - maybe absolute tournaments should also happen.

Well, I "worked my ass off" to get all the best books and at the same time got access to ingredients for the best upgrades. What did I do? AFK fishing for weeks and months. If the best stuff truly took hard work (PvP) to get I'd keep my mouth shut.

@Liq, me and many other duel enthusiasts simply enjoy ourselves the most when there's no layer between the players' skill.

I'm still going to duel and have my ass handed to me as time allows. I'll never use elite mods and with that decision I'll be kicked further down the ladder, guaranteed. So be it. I can't be part of this mod craze; I actually have scruples.

Edit:

To be abundantly clear I should add that there was some player trading involved after the bottles were farmed.

Edited by jodgi
  • Like 5

28 minutes ago, Christoph said:

lol. we need more. more action around the map

I have to agree, at the moment it is a struggle to keep closing down and opening new outposts around the map on an almost daily basis. I once said on the forums that more outposts slots would make it too easy, I've since realised that I was wrong in that regard. 

With the current player numbers, the ability to have many points at which to leave to look for action is a much needed "quality of life" feature and to be honest we could probably do with a couple more if anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christoph said:

best is 5 outpost for national ports and every free port is directly an outpost

Sounds good, but then I want small "no-fighting-allowed-zones" around the free ports. This is neutral ground, if you want to be welcomed there like everybody else you have to stop being a bully (you can fight in bars but not in front of the port) or else you get kicked out.

13 hours ago, admin said:

conquest flag was active only for 1 hour. So you could not just take it and sail to another part of the map to capture the city. 
Hostility mission design can be changed so they only are provided on nearest ports - forcing nations to actually maintain and defend frontlines/bases. 

Interesting idea. Thank you for the update.

Edit: I thought  a little more and i understand that the idea is to prevent some nations to become to powerful , however i have some questions.

As an example:

- If France becomes strong and starts to conquer ports it will become stuck the moment it gets near the sweden and dutch capital regions? So it is forever stuck in that corner of the map?

- If the factions that have the monopoly for the live oak doesn't want to sell to french players/ports and the french empire can't capture that ports that produce this wood? We need to rely in our traders to get this for the nation? A little too dangerous? 

- As possible solution for this we will have special regions in carribeans available to all  factions to conquer? And this regions we will have the different woods to buy?

- If France is stuck in that corner and a french player wants to have fun in the Bahamas? He is forced to have an outpost in a freetown to tow is ships? So freetowns will be a meeting point for enemy players? 

Edited by no one

2 hours ago, admin said:

8 outposts is too much and is a mistake. We need to address it somehow before release, without removing them.

Probably.  But I found maxing out outposts the only way to deal with the inability to know about player contract activity and ship markets without visiting a port.

If the new UI addresses this there may be less need for them.

15 hours ago, admin said:

Welcome to the Caribbean - mandatory operation for new players unlocking 3 more tutorial operations

Mandatory?  Does this mean that new players will not be permitted to sail about OW until they complete a tutorial?  Or pass exams?

5 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

I like the idea of it.

Not sure why you think my comment was negative, just pointed out a potential problem

I don't understand what was negative about your comment either.    My glass is half full of rum, and half full of air.  It's good rum.  When my glass is completely full of air I'll feel the warm glow of the rum.  There is no negativity.  Perhaps someone who is grumpy would imagine that "half full of air" is negative.  Sigh ...

9 hours ago, Liq said:

How did you get to the conlcusion that this is a good idea?

Ship loss, using own ships with perhaps insane modded ships (elite upgrades, gold ships, ...), and big prizes

Will lead to a lot of kiting, to not lose that one deluxe ship.

Duel with pre set ships, same mods and equipment --> Based on skill, no excuses possible ("You only won because of better upgrades / because you had poods / ...), no kiting, pure fighting.

Yes, we want that, minimal effort but maximum profit. Perhaps the best PvPers of the server can agree on this, then they can determine beforehand who will win this week. This is going to be fun.

For someone who can not raise his ship enough to shoot beginners in the open world out of the water, a pretty cheap solution.

14 hours ago, jodgi said:

Well, I "worked my ass off" to get all the best books and at the same time got access to ingredients for the best upgrades. What did I do? AFK fishing for weeks and months. If the best stuff truly took hard work (PvP) to get I'd keep my mouth shut.

@Liq, me and many other duel enthusiasts simply enjoy ourselves the most when there's no layer between the players' skill.

I'm still going to duel and have my ass handed to me as time allows. I'll never use elite mods and with that decision I'll be kicked further down the ladder, guaranteed. So be it. I can't be part of this mod craze; I actually have scruples.

Edit:

To be abundantly clear I should add that there was some player trading involved after the bottles were farmed.

For a while I had 7 accounts afk fishing for bottles over night using a macro to keep them from being kicked for idling. But gpu and cpu being used to almost 100% capacity heated up my room too much so I stopped doing that lol.

Is this they mean by sandbox and working ones ass off?

• Like 2