Game-Labs Forum

Development plans for the H2 2018

45 minutes ago, DesMoines said:

:lol: probably a future DLC!!!! :PMay be paints are not on the same server and they can t add them. Same for the big waves in Battle with fog etc etc ^^'

We have pints right now.  hello a -white and the special Endymion one we got NYE last year.  I still got a bunch of both.

On 8/26/2018 at 3:25 PM, Fenris said:

Being a small team does not explain why you create horrible mistakes.

Attacking pearl harbor was a horrible mistake. Searching for a good gameplay and testing options - some of which might fail - can never qualify as "horrible mistake". 

• Like 8

I’ve reached Real Admiral, crafted 1st rates and played 300+ hours.

But now I find myself going to port to port trying to find something to do.

Since the last patch it seems that there is even fewer NPCs.

Going to wait for the UI/next content update.

PvE Feedback.

1 hour ago, BuckleUpBones said:

I’ve reached Real Admiral, crafted 1st rates and played 300+ hours.

But now I find myself going to port to port trying to find something to do.

Since the last patch it seems that there is even fewer NPCs.

Going to wait for the UI/next content update.

PvE Feedback.

Are you on the PvE server?  Might be why cause they really haven't done nothing for the PvE only server.  That won't happen until after release and even than it's always going to get the scraps off the PvP/PvE Main server.  There was never a promise of PvE only servers just the Devs being nice to make a few small group of folks happy.   Though there is suppose to be missions and more PvE like content with this big patch we are waiting on.

7 hours ago, admin said:

Attacking pearl harbor was a horrible mistake. Searching for a good gameplay and testing options - some of which might fail - can never qualify as "horrible mistake". 

We are in a game that is getting developed, yes some things where not the best chooses made in game direction, but hay that is what we are here for.  To test things to see what should be best to get in and keep in game for the final release.   Though I do have to say I think Fine Woods was a pretty horrible mistake though....lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Are you on the PvE server?  Might be why cause they really haven't done nothing for the PvE only server.  That won't happen until after release and even than it's always going to get the scraps off the PvP/PvE Main server.  There was never a promise of PvE only servers just the Devs being nice to make a few small group of folks happy.   Though there is suppose to be missions and more PvE like content with this big patch we are waiting on.

Chatting with PvE server players, some of them think there/our server will be close down, mainly due to 18 month trial period ending.

With extra PvE content it is not clear if it is designated for PvP/PvE server or for both, “both” meaning that the PvE server will stay live and supported on release.

42 minutes ago, BuckleUpBones said:

Chatting with PvE server players, some of them think there/our server will be close down, mainly due to 18 month trial period ending.

With extra PvE content it is not clear if it is designated for PvP/PvE server or for both, “both” meaning that the PvE server will stay live and supported on release.

Caribbean is a PvP/PvE server as you have both elements there.  This is why some of us been pushing for more PvE only safe zones that folks can stay in if they don't want to deal with PvP part of the game or even the extreme making a good chunk of the map.  I would prefer to see us all on one server and the Devs resources going to making a better game for us all.  I have nothing against a PvE only server, but I jsut think at this time while in a development stage it's a waist of money and resources until release and they can work on more content for ya'll.  I also understand with the fake safe zones it's not even logical for some one that only wants PvE in the game to come over to a server they will just constantly get ganked by a bunch of pricks with no life and don't understand you need those PvE and casuals to make the game populated with players.  

Devs have said in the past they won't do anything for the PvE only server until after release, that is why ya'll get the half arse cast aways of things we get.

42 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Caribbean is a PvP/PvE server as you have both elements there.  This is why some of us been pushing for more PvE only safe zones that folks can stay in if they don't want to deal with PvP part of the game or even the extreme making a good chunk of the map.  I would prefer to see us all on one server and the Devs resources going to making a better game for us all.  I have nothing against a PvE only server, but I jsut think at this time while in a development stage it's a waist of money and resources until release and they can work on more content for ya'll.  I also understand with the fake safe zones it's not even logical for some one that only wants PvE in the game to come over to a server they will just constantly get ganked by a bunch of pricks with no life and don't understand you need those PvE and casuals to make the game populated with players.  

I get the feeling that vets want to populate the PvP server with PvE players... "for their content !!!"

Personally I don’t think mainstream PvE players playing in a PvP server is ever going to work, vs environment content in a PvP server is ok, so merging servers/closing down PvE server would see more players leave, unretained, best to keep us happy and wait for some of us to move into the PvP world, at our leisure.

100+ PvE server players weekends and it’s about 1/3 of PvP weekend count, so I disagree about it being a waste.

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, BuckleUpBones said:

I get the feeling that vets want to populate the PvP server with PvE players... "for their content !!!"

It's not only a feeling.

"We want loads and loads of PVE content so we attract thousands of sheep who are happy chasing one pve carrot after the other. We need so much pve content that the sheep don't get discouraged when we bully them; There's always a new tasty pve carrot for them to get distracted by."

Maybe it works? I wouldn't know because I've deliberately stayed away from games that offer "loads and loads of pve content".

To me it seems impossible to get people to play the victim. 

Slowly gaining knowledge slots with PvP alone. Someday will get there.

Snow took 3 epic PvP battles. Navy Brig took 5. Constitution Classic has 2 slots after 4 average ones including 2 times 1v1.

Could've done it with "grinding" or with "boring pve" and get the slots and the drops... true.... but it is a choice, not mandatory.

Careful out there. o7

On 9/18/2018 at 3:20 PM, admin said:

I have never seen anything interesting or contructive posted by the user you quoted. He simply is not worth your time. I am very thankful for you listening to the community to get feedback but don't forget that listening to the whinging of some people, who aren't and maybe never will be appreciative of your work, will not help you or the game progress faster - rather the opposite.

I would adivse you to not waste your time with people that can't see and appreciate your talent or vision for the game. Your game is a masterpiece that is waiting to be finished and you hold the brush.

Edited by Sovereign
  • Like 1

On 9/18/2018 at 3:20 PM, admin said:

Ok, not "horrible mistakes"..But mistakes, which are time consuming and completely unnecessary.

#New boarding, another example.

('Btw, attacking Pearl Harbor wasn`t a horrible mistake, but gambling, nothing unusual for Admirals/Generals, first strike to weaken an enemy is never a mistake... (Japanese reconaissance just wasn`t able to find US carriers, which weren`t in Pearl Harbor that day..bad luck ;))

On 9/19/2018 at 2:23 AM, BuckleUpBones said:

I hope not! At least for me a close-down of the PvE server to push the PvP part of the game wouldn't work. I never play against other human players, not in Naval Action and not in any other game ever. I would stop playing Naval Action if the PvE server would get shut down.

So we are almost to Friday of the second last week of the month.  So any one want to take bets if this patch drops before the end of next week?

@admin how it’s going should we be getting all excited and ready for it or should we not call all hands just yet and let folks do other things?

#whenswptemberends

PS:  where are the paints?

1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

So we are almost to Friday of the second last week of the month.  So any one want to take bets if this patch drops before the end of next week?

2 month ago they wrote is coming "soon" 😀

My bet is 1 Fish Meat for end of the year

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@admin 

What are the plans for the santa cecilia in the future?

Such a beautiful ship, perhaps the best looking ship ingame. And it has been off screen for what, half a year? (there might be half a dozen still ingame, rotting in ports of players that just bought her for a Fortune to be able to say they own a cecilia - like a Jaguar or Lambo, lol.)

Will it be..

Craftable? Premium? Available for marks? Events rewards only? ...

4 hours ago, Coraline Vodka said:

would make a nice non op DLC 12lb 5th rate

This would probably the best as long as it will definitely not be OP. It is the only ship that is already in game but not available. Selling it as DLC to get more cash flowing for development seems most logical to me. Having it as super rare exclusive event reward is definitely not as beneficial for the game as selling it for 10-15$ to each player, not only making it available for everyone but also helping to fund development with it. The incentive for the top 3 players winning a tournament isn't keeping the game alive - the average joe / player is.

Also Gunboat DLC when? 

Edited by Sovereign

Santa Cecilia turns like a snow ( of equivalent size ) and packs 12 pounders ;) ... please tell us again that the snow is not the devil 😁

Also plenty of them roaming around in testbed, just test it yourself.