Game-Labs Forum

Development plans for the H2 2018

34 minutes ago, admin said:

Hello captains. Here is a small update on the development plans for the next 6 months. 
Dates are not final and might move around

August:

While we are are still working on the UI patch - we will deliver 1-2 balancing patches in august based on feedback on ship combat performance, (especially performance of the imported vessels vs alternatives)

• Ship rebalance (specifically focused on the underperforming ship)
  • We might also add a new vessel in August.

September Patch

UI patch needs a lot more time due to the complexity of the Port UI rework and some additional content we have to deploy. 

The patch will contain

• Economy rebalance and partial resource wipe
  • Port UI update
  • Mission Content
    • New port dependent mission system
      • OW Hunt missions
      • Traditional Destroy missions but with multiple variations of difficulty and rewards
    • One new challenge
      • Kill challenge
        • 7 types 1 for each class
    • Current fleet missions will be removed, all missions will turn into fleet missions if more players join - and AI will send more ships as well.
    • Patrol missions will remain in game, but rewards will be adjusted based on the economy patch

October - November

• UI polish and fixes based on feedback
  • Small AI improvements
  • Economy missions
    • crafting missions for ships and items
    • delivery missions
  • Additional combat missions and conquest missions
    • National hunts
    • PVP missions
  • Operations
    • Welcome to the Caribbean - mandatory operation for new players unlocking 3 more tutorial operations
      • Trials by fire - operation giving the combat oriented player clear objectives
      • Columbus - operation helping the player to establish bases around the area
      • Nervos Belli - operation helping the player to get around basic crafting
    • Conquest operations
      • E.G. Operation Isla Pinos giving large gold coin rewards for capture of the whole island.
  • New Events and Challenges
    • PvP duels
  • Conquest mission rework.
    • Frontlines might get back (but not in form of flags but in form of port dependent hostility and conquest missions, which will only give hostility missions to nearby towns)
  • Start of localization work
    • Localization system will provide players with option to replace language files by the file of his choice giving the option for the community to help localize the game into additional languages.

November - December?

• Localization continued
  • Additional work on the content improvements

Will it be craftable or imported?

56 minutes ago, admin said:

September Patch

UI patch needs a lot more time due to the complexity of the Port UI rework and some additional content we have to deploy. 

The patch will contain

• Economy rebalance and partial resource wipe
  • Port UI update

Thank you for the update.  While I was attracted to the game by the age of sail theme, the player economy is what held my interest.

Looking forward to the fixes.

Edited by John Jacob Astor
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, qw569 said:

I do not understand how UI affects on Economy rebalance and partial resource wipe.

It affects it directly. Port UI is not finished but is already IN THE GAME, thus to give out the economy patch port UI must be reversed. Which we are not going to do (waste of time).

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Havelock said:

Looks very promising. Any chance the conquest mission rework could include a reduction of PvE content? Hostility missions are a real bummer for RvR and PvP oriented players.

Are they? 90% of the time I find the defender nations attack the people doing hostility giving you a good 10v10 fight. 

In the words of Don Trump Jr:

"I love it!"

---

This looks great as a plan. There are many good ideas here. I hope that you manage to bring them all to fruition. I especially like the focus on bringing more content regardless that it is PvE-content. I think @Christendom will approve of that too.

1 minute ago, admin said:

It affects it directly. Port UI is not finished but is already IN THE GAME, thus to give out the economy patch port UI must be reversed. Which we are not going to do (waste of time).

Sorry @admin i still don't understand :D

I think if Port UI is not finished then it cannot affect on partial material wipe.

BTW you made warning about  Partial materials wipe - advanced warning 106 days ago (04 May 2018). 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, qw569 said:

Sorry @admin i still don't understand :D

I think if Port UI is not finished then it cannot affect on partial material wipe.

BTW you made warning about  Partial materials wipe - advanced warning 106 days ago (04 May 2018). 

Better warn in advance
Port UI is already in the build, but cannot give out the incomplete version.

On 8/17/2018 at 8:12 AM, admin said:

Ship rebalance (specifically focused on the underperforming ship)

Victory finally getting 68lb carros on weather deck?🤓

and I can only pray for DD to be linked to boarding prep...

also remove 32lb carros from le req

Edited by pit
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, qw569 said:

do not understand how UI affects on Economy rebalance and partial resource wipe.

@qw569 I think it is the opposite way around:
The economy rebalance (whit the partial wipe) will affect the port UI (crafting menu, shop lists etc). So instead of having to deploy another version of the new port UI after the rebalancing is done, they will just wait and release the new port UI after the eco patch dropped.