Game-Labs Forum

National only Combat News

Could we have combat news that only shows your nation's victories and losses rather than an instant global combat news.

It would be more immersive and would protect hunting grounds from soft hunters who flock to an area of victories looking for easy kills.

After hours of sailing I found a nice little area of traders doing their business in peace.

I sank several over a couple of days and then the area was flooded with groups of hunters from all nation's ruining a nice balance and over killing my new ground.

If combat news only showed your own nation's combat, then this silly instant world broadcast would stop and more people would have to actually explore the OW to find their own hunting grounds, leading to more PVP encounters.

Edited by Crow
Adding stuff

1 minute ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

Are you sure they all came to the area because couple ships you sank?  Or did they have already outpost + ships nearby?

Buddy dragged them in, blinded them from the OW events, the rest of the gang teleports and still has time to sail and join the battle. Simple :) 

But yeah, it is a "hot zone" kind of mapping tool. I would remove player names though.

2 hours ago, Crow said:

Could we have combat news that only shows your nation's victories and losses rather than an instant global combat news.

It would be more immersive and would protect hunting grounds from soft hunters who flock to an area of victories looking for easy kills.

After hours of sailing I found a nice little area of traders doing their business in peace.

I sank several over a couple of days and then the area was flooded with groups of hunters from all nation's ruining a nice balance and over killing my new ground.

If combat news only showed your own nation's combat, then this silly instant world broadcast would stop and more people would have to actually explore the OW to find their own hunting grounds, leading to more PVP encounters.

I think this makes total sense. These gankers already know where to go to gank. I would like to see a little more information on combat news. On global more information would would make things pass by to quickly in chat but if it was just going to the Nations concerned it would last on screen longer.