Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jpjchris

The Latest Escapomatrix

Gentlemen and ladies,

I am no coward by any means — however, I consider myself a scientist of the sail. Does any kind soul have the latest "Oh shit" chart to share?

Kind Regards,

JPJChris

• Like 2

I'd agree with @Banished Privateer here.. Basically any ship between a Bellona and a Lynx can be speed failfit to 15 knots at one or more points of sail, and with the Navy Loodsman perk plus sailforce mods you don't know whether that speed you see in open world being chased will translate into speed in the battle instance... It's all very unpredictable from ship type alone these days.

This isn't a bad thing necessarily, but it does make it hard to give solid guidelines. The best you can do probably is to use @Felix Victor's map ship comparison tool and compare sailing profiles in an unmodded, neutral build state, and make a best guess at the point of sail with the biggest difference.  Then cross your fingers. ;) 

https://na-map.netlify.com/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wraith said:

I'd agree with @Banished Privateer@Felix Victor here.. Basically any ship between a Bellona and a Lynx can be speed failfit to 15 knots at one or more points of sail, and with the Navy Loodsman perk plus sailforce mods you don't know whether that speed you see in open world being chased will translate into speed in the battle instance... It's all very unpredictable from ship type alone these days.

Well, nevertheless players need some kind of handy-dandy quick reference as guidance in a pinch, even if the occasional atrociously modded statpadder throws it off.  You don't have a hope against those guys anyway.  There are still lots of ships out there with minimal sail modding.  (e.g. all of mine)  Most of us only have the vaguest idea what sailing profiles might be, and next to zero practical experience with a lot of the ships. 

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)
  • Like 1