Game-Labs Forum

Fireship green on green?

Roronoa

Hi everybody,

yesterday on the nassau pvp patrol area we had a battle, when suddenly a british captain (MDonnergott Catatafish) who was on our side decided to fireship. With this decision he managed to explode and killed 5 ships on our side.

323AACDA1181E8ED54D766DC6E9DBBD5C5F01711

Unfortunately this screenshot is all i have. As you can see the danes on the right side have no kills and there was no boarding, so all of the captured ones were killed by the fireship. Two of the danes who got killed by the fireship were close to sink anyway, i see no reason, why he would fireship. Also he is writing "BOOOOOM" in the chat, which might prove that he fireshipped. I dont know if he did it intended or just thought "yolo". I know most of us had DLC ships, but still we did put upgrades in it, payed for carros and repairs and i even had a 4/5 ship.

The reason why this is in support and not in tribunal is because i dont know if this is tribunal worthy.

Edited by Sith Overlord Roronoa

1 minute ago, Sith Overlord Roronoa said:

Hi everybody,

yesterday on the nassau pvp patrol area we had a battle, when suddenly a british captain (MDonnergott Catatafish) who was on our side decided to fireship. With this decision he managed to explode and killed 5 ships on our side.

323AACDA1181E8ED54D766DC6E9DBBD5C5F01711

Unfortunately this screenshot is all i have. As you can see the danes on the right side have no kills and there was no boarding, so all of the captured ones were killed by the fireship. Two of the danes who got killed by the fire were close to sink anyway, i see no reason, why he would fireship. Also he is writing "BOOOOOM" in the chat, which might prove that he fireshipped. I dont know if he did it intended or just thought "yolo". I know most of us had DLC ships, but still we did put upgrades in it, payed for carros and repairs and i even had a 4/5 ship.

The reason why this is in support and not in tribunal is because i dont know if this is tribunal worthy.

Fire shiping is fun besides you kinda see fire its better too stay away from it

4 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

Fire shiping is fun besides you kinda see fire its better too stay away from it

I saw, that he was on fire but didnt noticed when he got into fireshock, because i didnt looked at him as i was busy aiming and stuff. I never thought he would turn of survival in that situation, because as i said there were 3 danes left and 2 of them were close to sink, the explosion was kinda a surprise for me and i thought it was an enemy, before i realized what really happend.

I was in that battle and to was a bit surpriced. We had killed TBA. Just needed him to sink. So I was a bit annoyed, when I died. But there must be some fault, because after the fight in combat need it said @Assassinhad killed 2 guys and I 2 guy. He got 15 PvP mark and gIt 5. But how is it posible if we didn’t have a kill ore assist?

Edited by staun

Just now, staun said:

He got 15 PvP mark and gIt 5. But how is it posible if we didn’t have a kill ore assist?

As far as i know, when a ship is a victim of an explosion it is captured because all the crew dies. Then the ships keeps sinking slowly, after that the one who made the most damage gets the kill.

I did have two trinc blown from under me all of the sudden and with survival on :) really depends on the fire spread and how fast it can detonate the gunpowder magazines.

Also each gun has gunpowder, so possibility of catching fire is there but no idea if the propagation of fire can ignite additional fires as it engulfs gun positions.

6 minutes ago, Sith Overlord Roronoa said:

As far as i know, when a ship is a victim of an explosion it is captured because all the crew dies. Then the ships keeps sinking slowly, after that the one who made the most damage gets the kill.

So if the survivers have left fast enough, the ships might not have sunk, and then no kills either? 

11 minutes ago, staun said:

So if the survivers have left fast enough, the ships might not have sunk, and then no kills either?

I think so, yes.

Edit: I think its like if you board someone but dont sink the ship.

He said Boom before or after explosion that is important. I fireshiped yesterday, with wood resistant to fire, turn survival off, I did not see fireshock, there was a sudden explosion, I had some  and hp left before explosion.

Hey guys,

after a friendly fireshipped some battles before it turned out he gained a lot of dmg for the patrol mission that way.

So I decided to fit the Requin for maximum fire probability, fir trim+Grenades+Open Magazine Access+Pheonix Figure.

I joined the Russian side thinking it would be safer to live long enough to be able to explode.

My intention was to damage the danish ships as much as possible since friendly fire damage doesn't add to your patrol mission total damage done.

However it also happened that the russians were around me too, I personally don't feel bad about it but still wanted to clarify that I wasn't there just to kill "friendlies".

here you can see national flags  captains do not give a shit to other countries ships ...it should be forbidden to joint other country's battles 

lets discuss this

and keelhaul that captain and de-rank it ...

its a fucker action for the game  and should be banned for his entire naval carreer

repentance comes after sin

Edited by Thonys

5 hours ago, Sith Overlord Roronoa said:

knip 

yes, it is  a deliberate action, 

also, you are denying players to play the game as it is intended...

(we have seen this behavior before with the basic cutter in PB)

a simple solution would be that only same nation players can join same nation flag battles.

Edited by Thonys

35 minutes ago, Thonys said:

here you can see national flags  captains do not give a shit to other countries ships ...it should be forbidden to joint other country's battles 

lets discuss this

and keelhaul that captain and de-rank it ...

So you want to create an exploit where two nations can "save their ships" hiding in a battle against each other like pirates and Spanish did two years before when the join timer was ridiculous short? No way...

Okay, two things to add. First, he did not hide with this. He brought up an entire video of the happening and told you what he was thinking about this when he did it. This is not done by someone who did not really means what he said. In that case, he would just have wait for some water down the river hoping no one would find that video or deleting it.

Second, he declared that his intention was to join the side with more ships so he can survive longer to get the Danish he did not join with the intention to bring down the Russians. However when he wasn't able to move anymore and reacted by laughing at what happened. Important to know about Donnergott is that he reacts anytime with laughter. He has a gift which I wish I would call my own for myself, he has fun and no salt about pixels. He is in a good mood when we lose a ship, you lose a ship and even when he is losing a ship. He is not greedy or something.

Conclusion:

1. Intention about that action: try out a fireship
  2. Joining the stronger side so he would have time for doing so near the enemy
  3. Caught in fire shock nearby friendlies
  4. BOOOM
  5. Taking at more easy like the rest.

So there is no real Green on Green and normaly we "care" about the side we join when we join another country (However the two captains we joined last time did not   and left us for good while they ran away.... but that's another story). The only point left and discussable is no.5 and this is very specific. At the and and from your point of view all what's left is that he maybe was rude. But Green on Green? Nope ...

Edited by Jonathan Arlington
  • Like 1

Christ......

4 hours ago, Percival Merewether said:

If 'MDonnergott Catatafish' was Crew Shocked; the situation may have been completely out of his control.

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt - But would have been nice of him to have warned you guys so at the very least you could've braced.

I retract this message after seeing that video.

2 hours ago, MDDonnergott said:

My intention was to damage the danish ships as much as possible since friendly fire damage doesn't add to your patrol mission total damage done.

However it also happened that the russians were around me too, I personally don't feel bad about it but still wanted to clarify that I wasn't there just to kill "friendlies".

I hope you're punished accordingly. You clearly wanted to do as much damage as possible with no care for those around you - you're bringing nothing positive to the fight and choose to limit the fun for others purely for your own amusement. You had plenty of time to state your intentions and warn your teammates, instead you deliberately do green-on-green whilst celebrating the destruction of your own team...

Edited by Percival Merewether
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonathan Arlington said:

Second, he declared that his intention was to join the side with more ships so he can survive longer to get the Danish he did not join with the intention to bring down the Russians. However when he wasn't able to move anymore and reacted by laughing at what happened. Important to know about Donnergott is that he reacts always like that. He has a gift which I wish I would call my own for myself, he has fun and no salt about pixels. He is in a good mood when we lose a ship, you lose a ship and even when he is losing a ship.

I take it you subscribe to the idea that it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission then..?

If I'm in a battle with a bunch of friendlies and tell my mate across the table that I'm gonna blow up the enemy team as well as my own; does that qualify as stating my intent? Should I not tell the people who are actually fighting along side me as well?

6 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

I take it you subscribe to the idea that it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission then..?

If I'm in a battle with a bunch of friendlies and tell my mate across the table that I'm gonna blow up the enemy team as well as my own; does that qualify as stating my intent? Should I not tell the people who are actually fighting along side me as well?

His intention was not to blow up everyone. So he was not able to tell everyone that he will kill everyone. All what's left are some maybes. Maybe he should have told his "team" that he is a fire ship, yes. And that is all. He was not intended to do Green on Green. I would say he was just thoughtless about that point because he was not overthinking about what this would cause.

Nevertheless, he faced up to that, he did not hide, he delivered the video on his own. He showed you that he didn't mean it that harsh as you think he meant it. So at the end, there is just one point left which is discussable. Was he rude or wasn't he. And even in that case, he made a step towards you delivering that damn video on his own. So however you think about him, this is a plus.

Well insted of all ppl being on the high ground and pointing fingers. Let it be those guys that lost on it, that make a tribunal if they think it is a case for a tribunal. Then we will know if knowledge is enough ore there has to be intent to. But until there have been a tribunal, that says otherwise he is inside the rules.

The danes have no case. We got killed by an enemy with a fireship.

Alright I didn't thought that people would take this matter this serious.

I've played this game since release and comparing this event with all the bullshit other people did to gain an advantage over others is just laughable in my opinion.

Just to make it absolutly clear: I did not go into the battle hoping to kill "friendlies", my intention was to gain as much damage for the patrol mission as possible.

I also recorded and uploaded the video because I didn't think I was doing something wrong, if that would have been the case I wouldn't even have replied to this thread and never would've uploaded the video.

All this could have been avoided if it would be possible to have multi nation battles, but I guess we will never see that. I hope you will understand my thought process now.

I just think it is great you stand by it. It would have been easy to say you had hit 9, because you thought somebody would board you. Then when you wanted to turn boarding of, you by mistake had hit 8, and in all the fighting, you first saw it, when you was in fireschock. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDDonnergott said:

Alright I didn't thought that people would take this matter this serious.

I've played this game since release and comparing this event with all the bullshit other people did to gain an advantage over others is just laughable in my opinion.

Just to make it absolutly clear: I did not go into the battle hoping to kill "friendlies", my intention was to gain as much damage for the patrol mission as possible.

I also recorded and uploaded the video because I didn't think I was doing something wrong, if that would have been the case I wouldn't even have replied to this thread and never would've uploaded the video.

All this could have been avoided if it would be possible to have multi nation battles, but I guess we will never see that. I hope you will understand my thought process now.

but how many pvp point did you get ?