Game-Labs Forum

Working as entended?

So leave it up to VCO to find another exploit of how to deny a fight. the screen shot wont do much to explain so I will have to explain what happen. willis was tagged and had no chance of escape. so wraith fired two broadsides into the inger and then the inger  surrendered. wraith then sank the ship and took the upgrade and repairs. also no one on our side got any credit for the kill. so it totally denied any reward for a 30min chase. So the question is @Ink @admin is this the proper use of gameplay mechanics that you have created OR is it just another exploit found and used by VCO?

B000BDE464F97E097B08BECF07F10470C2AC4D86

It is perfectly within the rules to allow anyone to green on green as long as the person being hit has actively stated that they can be fired upon. It is also up to the person who got fired upon to create a tribunal thread if they did not allow their friends to fire on them. Green on Green also does not give any rewards whatsoever. This is a form of "scuttling" and has been stated in the past to be a valid tactic.

In this case, @William Death allowed @Wraith to fire upon his ship and to scuttle it. 2 Players agreed to an outcome and there is no wrong doing or exploit here.

• Like 1

Scuttling ships is and has been a valid tactic.  I believe it was allowed the last time you (or your clan) tribunaled it against us.

Could we please add this thread to the yet unresolved post I made where @King of Crowns continues to harass and make unfounded accusations?  

ef2dd771932bc1875145e3b669d0f168.jpg

^^ accusing our players of using exploits.  

Thread in question - Could we get a resolution to this?

I believe KoC here is just off a recent chat ban for some very heinous language used against the significant other of one of my members.  @admin @Ink How much longer must we endure this toxic player in Naval Action?  Constant false accusations, multiple chat bans on his main and alts, obscene language towards women and open bigotry.  When will enough be enough?

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Scuttling is a valid tactic of naval warfare. The green on green was consensual and this has already been tribunalled once and was asked and answered in favor of the mechanic:

Also have to point out the fact that I left you plenty of repairs on the wreck, so you're just lying on that point... ;) 

o7 p.s. learn to use a spell checker babe, "entended?"

what is on tribunal is not the green on green. but the surrender after the green on green. which then granted the kill to wraith. we would have easily sank willis before  wraith could have sank him. however the surrender made that impossible. if the devs want the option to scuttle a ship to deny the ship that's fine. add a button in the game so that we can all troll everyone with it. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Christendom said:

@admin @Ink How much longer must we endure this toxic player in Naval Action?  Constant false accusations, multiple chat bans on his main and alts, obscene language towards women and open bigotry.  When will enough be enough?

the answer is until I decide to stop playing the game. that's how long. 

• Like 1

I endeavor to always fight on my own terms. I strive sink as little as possible, but when I must, I intend to do so on my own terms. 

You had 2 other tags where I was in battle and could have been sunk. Furthermore, you could have sunk me before Wraith did if you were faster. ;)

Anyways, I wanted it done that way, not necessarily to deny you marks, but more to try to salvage one of my good modules and end the fight on my terms.

Strangely, no modules dropped off the ship when Wraith looted it (and all 3 boxes were equipped with mods so...I don't know why nothing dropped). But Wraith did leave the repairs that were in the hold...you could have had some fancy Pirate repairs. Granted we use driftwood for hull repairs and toothpicks for replacement masts :P

If I remember correctly, this has come up before in several cases in varying forms: 

Green-on-green to scuttle a ship: Fine as long as both players agree.

(from the pinned rules regarding green-on-green): 

From another thread: 

I feel these two posts basically sum up the raw mechanics of what happened: you tagged, we used consensual green-on-green combat to attempt to deny resources (upgrades) to you. You had multiple chances before this, and even in the same battle, to sink me/us and claim the spoils for yourself. Not our fault that your ships were too slow to catch and damage me enough before I surrendered.

I don't see an exploit here, just someone upset they couldn't sink me before I arranged it myself. Developers will have the final word, lets see what they have to say.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Wrong. We all serve at the discretion of the Admiralty, in this case @admin and the outcome of @Ink's tribunal.  Your continued scurrilous behavior and toxicity are not encouraging to new players of the game. 😐

yea but what you forget is that I paid money for the game therefore this game is mine and I can play it how I want to. there is nothing that says I have to be friendly to anyone. and I would venture to say that more people have left the game because of all of the shenanigans that you guys have pulled. ya know leaving the nation then taking all friendly ports of pb list and turning several ports over to that nations enemies. you know all the douschebaggery that you guys do all the time like this incident tonight. 

56 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Scuttling ships is and has been a valid tactic.  I believe it was allowed the last time you (or your clan) tribunaled it against us.

Could we please add this thread to the yet unresolved post I made where @King of Crowns continues to harass and make unfounded accusations?  

ef2dd771932bc1875145e3b669d0f168.jpg

^^ accusing our players of using exploits.  

Thread in question - Could we get a resolution to this?

I believe KoC here is just off a recent chat ban for some very heinous language used against the significant other of one of my members.  @admin @Ink How much longer must we endure this toxic player in Naval Action?  Constant false accusations, multiple chat bans on his main and alts, obscene language towards women and open bigotry.  When will enough be enough?

Please stay on topic. Other tribunals have 0 influence in this thread. If you have an issue with something unrelated to this topic (like all those links you posted) make a new thread. 

Edited by RedNeckMilkMan
  • Like 1