Game-Labs Forum

Fleet ship captured by enemy should be added back after you win battle

The title says it all.

Background:

I was with two Gros Ventres as fleet ships and went into battle with three enemy ships. One of them turned against one Gros Ventre and captured it after boarding, leaving it behind with zero crew and white flag. My second Gros Ventre I had ordered to retreat which she did.

I then sunk two adversary Constitutions and captured the last enemy, a Bellona, after long fight against my Bellona. Now I was trying to head back to the lonely Gros Ventre to regain that ship. She laid way off on my windward side and I had to struggle against the wind. Meanwhile battletimer closed and battle was over, I continued on my way. Then the game threw me into open world.

Found myself with the captured Bellona and the retreated Gros Ventre, but the captured one went into the nirvana of digital losses.

In short:

If there is no enemy left and one of our ships they had captured but not manned is still afloat, it should rightfully get back into our possession. Automatically. As there is nobody else to claim that forsaken ship.

Maybe you don't have that scenario on PvP server where people sink or keep everything, but this happened on PvE and the AI does not transfer crew nor sink a captured vessel.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Meanwhile battletimer closed and battle was over,

Shame that you were not allowed enough time to recover your ship.  No enemy remaining.  The ship was still afloat.  Suppose it is another competitive mechanic designed to balance the game, avoid realism and increase PvP. 

15 hours ago, Crow said:

Maybe a damaged ship left alone for so long with no crew sinks.

al l lot of ships drift in the ocean...

and are drifting for years>  finally ending up on a beach somewhere..

Edited by Thonys