Game-Labs Forum

Buff Xebec downwind speed as upwind speed is buffed for squareriggers

Yeah, sure :) 

We go round and round and round around the ship but i see very few willing to axe what makes the ships "impossible". Because mods turn ALL ships into CRAZY builds. Not only the 6th rate xebec, not only the 5th rate Hercules, not only the 3rd rate Bellona, not only the 1st rate L'Ocean. But hey, I don't mind that the Xebec is "upgraded" to a 5th rate.

If you look at it... it won't change a thing. Can still raid the same way. Can still be used as a port battle ship.

Let the tears flow, let's blame an entire ship for things that are not even the ship's fault, it is just the shiny new thing.

- "the other ships are always OP, mine is never OP" - 

12 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

It could. 2 longs vs 2 longs is still played based on speed (mods), accuracy and skill. 

In Xebec scanario 2 longs vs 4 swivels, longs always win because you can't load chain on swivels...

Not true. You assume that one xebec is faster than the other and that the chasing one is the faster one. Sailing in straight line behind will ofc lead to no victory. I reccomand to check out this  vid

and in the end swivels won over longs due to chasing skills and mods just like you said.

20180811221324_1.thumb.jpg.b2c14a7ef0a3a6641c890f164d9309be.jpg

Whole vid starting at 2:02:00

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

Yeah, sure :) 

We go round and round and round around the ship but i see very few willing to axe what makes the ships "impossible". Because mods turn ALL ships into CRAZY builds. Not only the 6th rate xebec, not only the 5th rate Hercules, not only the 3rd rate Bellona, not only the 1st rate L'Ocean. But hey, I don't mind that the Xebec is "upgraded" to a 5th rate.

If you look at it... it won't change a thing. Can still raid the same way. Can still be used as a port battle ship.

Let the tears flow, let's blame an entire ship for things that are not even the ship's fault, it is just the shiny new thing.

- "the other ships are always OP, mine is never OP" - 

Ahem i've admitted my herc is op :).

Something might be off with hitboxes on req and herc,  or perhaps is angles for deflect is off some?

Just from what i have experienced both being attacked in herc and shooting at req, could be wrong of course but "feels" that way.

Edited by Dibbler
  • Like 1

Typical conversation in nation chat:

New player:  "Enemy player at capital!"

player 1:  "Cool I need a fight what ship is he in?"

New Player:  "Not sure it's got red sails though"

....... Nation chat goes silent

Random Player: "Bugger that I not losing anymore of my life chasing them"

Player 1: "Let loose a whole broadside on Bellona on last Req i met and scored 2 hull hits"

New Player: " He tagged me and i called rienforcements and got a... mercury"

Player 2: " Thankyou for your service."

Edited by Dibbler
  • Like 2

On 8/13/2018 at 12:52 AM, z4ys said:

forget le requin one moment. what was the conterpart to prince before? A prince couldnt be caught by a prince as well.

A Prince didn`t have 340 crew to easily board even an unprepared Essex or Indefatigable.......