Game-Labs Forum

Buff Xebec downwind speed as upwind speed is buffed for squareriggers

Sailing downwind with the xebec is like sailing upwind with a square rigger. Upwind speed of square riggers is buffed downwidn for xebec is not.

Even a basic cutter is faster downwind in openwold as a xebec. And having a square rigger in fleet makes the xebec even slower downwind but actual she would be the slowest  ship. 😉

Edited by z4ys

4 hours ago, z4ys said:

Sailing downwind with the xebec is like sailing upwind with a square rigger. Upwind speed of square riggers is buffed downwidn for xebec is not.

Even a basic cutter is faster downwind in openwold as a xebec. And having a square rigger in fleet makes the xebec even slower downwind but actual she would be the slowest  ship. 😉

Totally agree the Le Sexy is to slow downwind compared to square riggers upwind.

Buff needed please to keep her on par with in game ships.

😁

9 minutes ago, Crow said:

Totally agree the Le Sexy is to slow downwind compared to square riggers upwind.

Buff needed please to keep her on par with in game ships.

😁

How slow is your le broken downwind?? 

The le broken from my clanmate runs sometimes more then 14knts downwind!

If you like to buff this le broken, why not change the small bow swiffel guns with 4or 6 pds! So that you are able to catch a le broken from the enemy who only run  15.5knts away upwind and calls in battle chat: catch me if you can!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Salty Sails said:

How slow is your le broken downwind?? 

The le broken from my clanmate runs sometimes more then 14knts downwind!

If you like to buff this le broken, why not change the small bow swiffel guns with 4or 6 pds! So that you are able to catch a le broken from the enemy who only run  15.5knts away upwind and calls in battle chat: catch me if you can!

Your clan mate must have good mods on his Le Sexy.

I like the 2lb guns it's about balance.

And anyone who calls out catch me if you can is Dick.

You want to buff a ship that is OP. Why? The whole game feels broken with all the red sails in OW. It is hard to escape a gankinggroup if a Requien is involved but your proposal would make it impossible to escape from a single Requien. Thats like adding Harpoonmissiles to a Trollship.

9 minutes ago, Salty Sails said:

The problem is, no ship can catch a 15.5 knt le broken upwind! You can chain the Enemy down if he is sailing the same ship. He fire with his 2pd meds in your sails! That is unbalancend for sure. 

Why should a ship catch it when sailing it's best angle. It's a raider.

It can't brawl a fighter. 

And that speed is modded.

So most of the ships in the game are down wind ships and everyone moans about one of the few fast up wind ships.

Have you been run down by a speed 15 bellonas?

They are common.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Crow said:

Why should a ship catch it when sailing it's best angle. It's a raider.

It can't brawl a fighter. 

And that speed is modded.

So most of the ships in the game are down wind ships and everyone moans about one of the few fast up wind ships.

Have you been run down by a speed 15 bellonas?

They are common.

I mean you must have a counterpart for every ship ingame. But for this ship, there is nothing. You cant catch it, if both players are sailing the same build/Upgrades on a le broken. 

It’s only a waste of time to hunt this ship!

Thats the point where i called it OP! Sure, almost 400 men on a small 6th rate is BS too. But thats not the Problem here! 

2 minutes ago, Salty Sails said:

I mean you must have a counterpart for every ship ingame. But for this ship, there is nothing. You cant catch it, if both players are sailing the same build/Upgrades on a le broken. 

It’s only a waste of time to hunt this ship!

Thats the point where i called it OP! Sure, almost 400 men on a small 6th rate is BS too. But thats not the Problem here! 

forget le requin one moment. what was the conterpart to prince before? A prince couldnt be caught by a prince as well.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, William Wade said:

Remove it from the game until the crew size, hull and armament is historically accurate, while making it redeemable only once a week, then adjust the sailing profile if needed. The Requin is a joke as it is currently.

Historical values. 

Crew 245 

8 pd French cannons = 9 pd British cannons. Is what we have in the game and because the game mechanics it gets the 32 pd carronades. ( 9 pd cannons = 32 pd carronades )

So from a historical point of view is already accurate.

Now I wish it got some changes in the way it is redeem. Once a week as you said maybe it is too much but maybe to force the player to wait 48 hours for redeem after he lost the ship would be more balance.

9 hours ago, z4ys said:

I want the shit you smoke.

Now without joking. The requin is impossible to get caught sailing upwind and you want to make that detail even more op? You understand that not even a prince can catch a requin upwind? I can't agree with you.

I would like to see more nerfs if possible not buffs.

2 hours ago, no one said:

I want the shit you smoke.

Now without joking. The requin is impossible to get caught sailing upwind and you want to make that detail even more op? You understand that not even a prince can catch a requin upwind? I can't agree with you.

I would like to see more nerfs if possible not buffs.

Again, why should it be caught upwind if the player disengages at the right time?

It's a raider not a brawler it's not like the Herc.

The game is full of brawlers.

People don't fight the Le Sexy then run from it and this is the worst thing to do.

2 hours ago, Crow said:

Again, why should it be caught upwind if the player disengages at the right time?

It's a raider not a brawler it's not like the Herc.

The game is full of brawlers.

People don't fight the Le Sexy then run from it and this is the worst thing to do.

I am not saying that it should be caught sailing upwind. Historical the Xebecs where trader hunters that could runaway sailing upwind or using oars ( yes our xebec in the game is a fake xebec )

However that being said she already makes that role. why the need to make that ship even more stupid? We need to think on  ways to balance the ship not to make her more OP.

Her construction is a rib cage nicely planked up. How can she tank as much as she can - especially IF angled - is maybe a technical issue. Thickness and HP should be reviewed.

All our ships sail too fast. Given this, the gap between what any ship does in RL and in game becomes very evident and the gape very very wide, as we see both in OW and in battle. But we, community, are adamant that the need for speed is spice and spice must flow... except when it is the enemy... right !?...

Regarding the broad reach and with the wind from the back with the xebec lateens... same thing as some other ships I guess. Balance of the ships gets shifted all to the front, maybe that has a definite effect !?...

35 minutes ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

Her construction is a rib cage nicely planked up. How can she tank as much as she can - especially IF angled - is maybe a technical issue. Thickness and HP should be reviewed.

All our ships sail too fast. Given this, the gap between what any ship does in RL and in game becomes very evident and the gape very very wide, as we see both in OW and in battle. But we, community, are adamant that the need for speed is spice and spice must flow... except when it is the enemy... right !?...

Regarding the broad reach and with the wind from the back with the xebec lateens... same thing as some other ships I guess. Balance of the ships gets shifted all to the front, maybe that has a definite effect !?...

Keeping her curent stats and making her a 5th rate would make her a very fragil 5th rate.  She has the HPs of average 6th rate but follows 5th rates rules she can’t be tanked out to much and with those rules for mods and ship knowledge she will get Lower stats out of them.

honestly both her and Herc need there own specially rating since in true th they are 6th rates but game balance puts them at 5th rates.

At 5th rate she can still be an open world raider and still be the deep water PB version of  He prince when needed but she won’t rule the shallow PB as only ship brought.  She still has 100 crew or more than any other shallow water 6th rate base stats.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 3