Game-Labs Forum

DLC ships and Crafted ships

Greetungs,

Devs, @admin and others i belive release of DLC ships showed us another issue that we are not talking about it here on forums.

DLC ships will be always very likable becouse it looks like most people rather wait for cooldown than bother collecting gold and materials then crafting ships or buying ships.

I suggest this is something too be looked at

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, William Wade said:

Plus the advantage you can redeem it at any port you like

Unfortunately!

1. I suggest that you can only order DLC ships in your own shipyard! (In the harbor where you have his shipyard.)

2. You can own only one shipyard altogether! (If that's not the case, I have not tried building a second shipyard yet.)

3. If you do not own a shipyard, then a DLC ship will appear in the "port of departure". 

(Leider!

1. Ich schlage vor, dass man DLC-Schiffe nur in seiner eigenen Werft bestellen kann! (In dem Hafen wo man seine Werft hat.)

2. Man darf insgesamt nur eine Werft besitzen! (Falls das so noch nicht ist. Ich habe das noch nicht ausprobiert eine 2. Werft zu bauen.)

3. Wenn man noch keine Werft besitzt, dann erscheint ein DLC-Schiff im "Starthafen". )

PS: Translated with the help of google.

Edited by JoeFried
  • Like 1

the problem is 

you can redeem the le Requin and the Hercules  within a day, you only see those 2 ships atm

what means that game has become legends beta in some sort...

in NA pvp it ruins the normal game, you don't see the normal ships anymore and if you see a normal ship it is a victim of the DLC ships also

, trading and crafting are crippled by those ships. 

if a 4 rate is calling for help against a Hercules you know something is wrong.... period

and that counts for many ships ...

why don't we put a wo2 submarine in the game? that would be fun too.

solving the problem is make it a craftable ship for everybody (with normals stats)

and the DLC Hercules and requin just like the lgv refit kind of ship...

or the le requin  only 9 pounders (what is original)

the way we have it now is complete bogus

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Lovec1990 said:

Greetungs,

Devs, @admin and others i belive release of DLC ships showed us another issue that we are not talking about it here on forums.

DLC ships will be always very likable becouse it looks like most people rather wait for cooldown than bother collecting gold and materials then crafting ships or buying ships.

I suggest this is something too be looked at

This is not a new issue and I don't see a problem.  Most players never craft ships, so where is the difference?  

2 hours ago, Lovec1990 said:

it looks like most people rather wait for cooldown than bother collecting gold and materials then crafting ships or buying ships.

So you're saying most people want out of the eco/craft thing? How interesting...

• Like 1

also, i am not interested in a game what turns slowly into naval action legends 

just something I wanted to add to my previous point

if it turns out that way I am out ...

but, what is not the case ..yet..

Edited by Thonys

I hoped that players will take only permits and will build DLC ships as any regular vessel. But a ready ship by 1 click is a cosmic foolishness. May be change cooldown from 1 day to 3 or 1 week. Or make it availiable for all (admiralty permits) and extremely expensive. Devs destroy their sandbox wargame which is their aim. Self-destruction. Why is that so...

Edited by Thomas Boyle

32 minutes ago, Thomas Boyle said:

I hoped that players will take only permits and will build DLC ships as any regular vessel. But a ready ship by 1 click is a cosmic foolishness. May be change cooldown from 1 day to 3 or 1 week. Or make it availiable for all (admiralty permits) and extremely expensive. Devs destroy their sandbox wargame which is their aim. Self-destruction. Why is that so...

Why's that? Why ship in 1 click is cosmic foolishness? Ppl payed for those ships altough after nerf xebec is a garbage  crap to me now. But... personally i don't think that 1click  ships are idiotic. Like those snip notes from a sunken fleet.

18 minutes ago, HopMaH said:

Why's that? Why ship in 1 click is cosmic foolishness? Ppl payed for those ships altough after nerf xebec is a garbage  crap to me now. But... personally i don't think that 1click  ships are idiotic. Like those snip notes from a sunken fleet. 

Because it's "uncompromising wargame". These ships dont obey the rules. I dont talk about ship is a shit or OP. DLC ships look like infinite, notes from PvE - not.

• Like 1

I never crafted ships. Always bought them. Great ships for 150k to 400k or so.

I don't sail big ships. I am a pirate.

I bought one  as often as I needed.

I take lots of risks solo hunting. I am only an average player so maybe 1 ship every  week or so.

Now I have DLC ships.

I redeem them when I want one.

I have redeemed 2 ships in 15 days.....

You only redeem them if you lose one and if that's EVERY DAY then someone is getting a lot of PvP marks and a lot of extra PvP.

This is a good thing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crow said:

This is a good thing.

No it's terrible because they can redeemed in just 24 hours and they are significantly better than any 5th rate that can be crafted.  If a ship is going to be DLC redeemable it should be like the yacht, cosmetic not significantly better than anything else. It's also terrible that both ships are so broken, especially the Requin. Why on earth the Devs thought it had over 300 crew, the hull strength and guns that it has in game is incomprehensible. 

All you see now OW especially around capitals is Requins and the odd Herc, sailed by gamers who don't care what their actions do for dwindling player base all for some easy PVP marks.   

As per 1752 - 5 officers, 240 men

https://ancre.fr/en/basic-books/42-nomenclature-des-navires-francais.html

1760 british system places her as a 6th rate - 20 - 30 guns ( 1st consideration is rigging type, 2nd consideration number of guns, 3rd tonnage )

French system 1669 places her as a Cinqueme Rang - 18 - 28 guns

https://threedecks.org/index.php?display_type=ship_rates

After the review she is fine, modules&books will enhance her as much as modules&books enhance other ships.

DLC versus non DLC merits and shortcomings is a discussion on its own, in my opinion and nothing to do with how the ship is perform at the present.

• Like 1

Just now, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

DLC versus non DLC imerits and shortcomings is a discussion on its own, in my opinion and nothing to do with how the ship is perform at the present.

It's how its distributed. It should at least cost some gold to redeem considering you get a free tow with it as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, William Wade said:

No it's terrible because they can redeemed in just 24 hours and they are significantly better than any 5th rate that can be crafted.  If a ship is going to be DLC redeemable it should be like the yacht, cosmetic not significantly better than anything else. It's also terrible that both ships are so broken, especially the Requin. Why on earth the Devs thought it had over 300 crew, the hull strength and guns that it has in game is incomprehensible. 

All you see now OW especially around capitals is Requins and the odd Herc, sailed by gamers who don't care what their actions do for dwindling player base all for some easy PVP marks.   

Unfortunately you are totally wrong on three points.

1st point.

Ships loadout.

Many times this myth has been said of Le Sexy.

Please refer to Hethwills reply.

2nd point.

It is good if the Herc and Le Sexy are being redeemed a lot because that means someone is sinking them and getting the PvP play and marks.

(The Le Sexy is a shadow of what she was now she has been nerfed anyway. There are many more Hercs in play.)

3rd point a well crafted 5th rate can match both of these ships with no mods fitted to either.

However many vets are sailing these two ships with good mods atm, so it's seems they are better than they are.

Also some of the more daring of us are solo hunting in them both as well and theses players also tend to be a bit more skilled than normal port huggers.

The combined effect of this added to the DLC hysteria creates this false view of these ships impact on the game.

The player base has remained stable at around the 500 mark while we wait for the next update to hit.

Edited by Crow

5 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

yeah, next update which is economy which will blow your gay little ships right out of the ocean, guy.

I'm a crafter who got laid off because no one is buying normal ships anymore!

Really when was the last time you made a ship? Unless your using a name I don’t know never seen a ship sold by you if your still in the us or even crafted.   Though I admit this last week sales dropped to a dead with folks getting ready for school to start but befor that I been scaling shallow ships like crazy in Marsh.  No one but scrubs buys out of CT any more cause it’s cheaper to craft and sale in clan owned ports. 

6 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

yeah, next update which is economy which will blow your gay little ships right out of the ocean, guy.

I'm a crafter who got laid off because no one is buying normal ships anymore!

This is what im talking about DLC ships showed this issue even balanced DLC ships would not fix it.Only three solutions are ignore it,remove DLC ships or fix game reward system and eco so crafted ships are viable again and release balanced DLC ships with proper timers.

If devs give us atm 3rd rate DLC ship with 1 week cooldown this ship would have 80% chance of crashing SOL market.

This is issue of game reward system why should i spend hours to get money or/and mats for crafted ship witch i would lose and have to do all this stuff again if if i can spent real money that i worked hours yet i have unlimited ship notes now.

For example i craft a t/t or t/wo 5th ship for PvP. And it's expensive for me because of wood. I need a good chance for a build so i must have a shipyard in non-capital region. It needs more time/money for collecting materials and delivery(risky) to the shipyard than redeemable ships which is availiable everywhere by 1 click. DLC owners have an economy advantage, they make more money/marks, they never lose his ship while others try in vain to craft a ship everyday.

Why devs made it as a redeemable ready ship? Why it's not a permit requiring a next stage (crafting) like regular ships?

Can craft several 5th rates in 24 hours. Can only redeem 1 dlc 5th rate in 24 hours.

Can craft more than several 6th rates in 24 hours. Can only redeem 1 dlc 6th rate in 24 hours.

Can craft ANY wood type DLC. For maximum number of ships crafter in 24 hours, must limit to woods that are nearby.

If anything I would simply remove special woods from the DLC notes and have only the basic ones from Forest buildings.

17 minutes ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

Can craft several 5th rates in 24 hours. Can only redeem 1 dlc 5th rate in 24 hours.

Can craft more than several 6th rates in 24 hours. Can only redeem 1 dlc 6th rate in 24 hours.

Can craft ANY wood type DLC. For maximum number of ships crafter in 24 hours, must limit to woods that are nearby.

If anything I would simply remove special woods from the DLC notes and have only the basic ones from Forest buildings.

Only if crafted ships have same limitations no limiting stuff from DLC ships we already done it too much

1 minute ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

They do by design. Want Teak ? Contract. Want LO/WO ? Contract. Amounts to build ships can be "limited" already.

Look we already puting too much limitation on DLC ships yes current premium ships are too strong thats why we need proper balanced DLC frigate too test premium ship concept propetly

:) ... say it.... c'mon, say it...Ain't that hard...

"Modules and Knowledge make ALL my ships OP"

Repeat as much as possible until you actually see why.

Oh DLC frigate ? What is the Hercules if not a cruiser frigate ? *Le Sigh*®

• Like 1