Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
William Wade

Stern Camping DLC Ships

Recommended Posts

Stern camping has always been very broken mechanic of this game, add DLC ships and now its just epidemic levels. All you see now OW is DLC ships and why not when they can so easily take down a ship of any rate. Just not worth the time to play until DLC ships are nerfed or preferably removed completely.  And what if I had sunk the Herc nothing just renews it again 24 hours later, bloody stupid.

 

Screenshot_12-08-2018_02-38-02.thumb.png.23d2fa0406ded4dd26d1b54763269a86.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Said the SNOW clan member whose clan leader does pretty much the same thing in a snow? You realise a snow can sterncamp you to no end with its 7 base turn rate i think? But yes, when a snow does this, it is fine but not the DLC ships 🔥

Edited by McKillen
s
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1v1 fight, Bucentaure could win it. 1v2 would be a struggle, but still possible to win. 1v3 or 1v4 is where the real hardcore begins. 

Yet again answer that repeats in every topic, SOLs sailing alone without escort.

Edited by Banished Privateer
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Thonys said:

redeeming of the dlc ships must be once a month

Wouldn't mind. People wouldn't so careless with them, and if too afraid to loose then we would see less of them. So win in any case.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There should be good craftable options to fight vs Trollqueen and Hercules.

The biggest issue is that these ships are good on Reinforcement Zone. In my opinion Reinforcement Zone could be all Capital Zone. I like PvP but I like new players coming and staying in game as well.

It is too easy for DLC ships to check if they can get easy kills from R Zone and if it turns hard they just escape from the battle. If they sink, tomorrow they are back in trolling business.

I don't really even understand why it is so important for especially veteran players and admin to have a seal clubbers zone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

I don't really even understand why it is so important for especially veteran players and admin to have a seal clubbers zone.

Yes, seal clubbing veterans with 3000+ hours hiding in the safe zone. There is usually 15-20 of them in 15.5 knots ships shortly after you kill someone, chasing you in fir-fir boats. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Yes, seal clubbing veterans with 3000+ hours hiding in the safe zone. There is usually 15-20 of them in 15.5 knots ships shortly after you kill someone, chasing you in fir-fir boats. 

Well, if you're bothering people in the reinforcement zone then that's exactly what you deserve...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Well, if you're bothering people in the reinforcement zone then that's exactly what you deserve...

What I mean is that fighting in reinforcement is risky and I am just diminishing fake belief that there are only seals, because these zones are full of veterans hiding or waiting for hunters to show up. It's people like RideZ trying to play on emotions about "clubbing poor seals"

Edited by Banished Privateer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't want to get stern camped? Sail 45 degrees off the wind. The stern camper will have to wear through or tack. When they tack you can turn and shoot their masts/sails or hull. Also with the new sailing mechanics you can sail your ship backwards to get shots on your camper. 

 

As always, stop sailing line ships alone. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

Yes, seal clubbing veterans with 3000+ hours hiding in the safe zone. There is usually 15-20 of them in 15.5 knots ships shortly after you kill someone, chasing you in fir-fir boats. 

When people complained about ganking of players in the reinforcements zones and how the reducing of the reinforcements was a bad idea, the general response was "well the player coast guard should do more". Now that the coastguard do more the seal clubbers complain and say it is because all the coast guard are there and that is why they come there to fight. Which came first the chicken or the egg?

Most nations do not have this issue because most of their reinforcement zones are empty of players. Yesterday I took a trip round all the ports in the gulf of Mexico and I saw very little activity even in the huge green zones Spain and France have there. Which raises another point as to why Spain and France have second green zones that are so large. The British second zone only covers one port, Belize, yet the French and Spanish ones cover 5 ports each.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, McKillen said:

Said the SNOW clan member whose clan leader does pretty much the same thing in a snow? You realise a snow can sterncamp you to no end with its 7 base turn rate i think? But yes, when a snow does this, it is fine but not the DLC ships 🔥

I've always stated that stern camping is ridiculous and never participated in it, I haven't even unlocked the Snow can't stand the thing.

As for taking a Buc out solo, did so because the ship had been sitting for months never used and thought I'd see how long it would take before a DLC ship attacked and just how lame the battle would be. Left Belize and didn't make it to Tulum. The battle is lame because larger ships have none of the advantages they should have in open water vs a much smaller ship. Open water yet the ships sail and displace water as if it doesn't actually exist at all in the mechanics only the ships have very basic lean depending on turn etc water has no effect.  Only wind that changes direction every few minutes. 

Small arms fire,marines at close range? No not a single shot. Ram the Herc, damage? No of course not too hard to code.

The devs go to the trouble of making beautiful ship models but that's where the enjoyment ends. Rest is just ridiculously arcadish and broken. That's if you even make it to the stupid boarding mini game. 

Solo all you can sail now is DLC ships, it's not worth the time and effort to gather resources,craft and use anything else when anything else is so easy to sink and lose the DLC wonder ship, no problem just redeem it for free 24 hours later.  
 

Edited by William Wade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Archaos said:

When people complained about ganking of players in the reinforcements zones and how the reducing of the reinforcements was a bad idea, the general response was "well the player coast guard should do more". Now that the coastguard do more the seal clubbers complain and say it is because all the coast guard are there and that is why they come there to fight. Which came first the chicken or the egg?

Most nations do not have this issue because most of their reinforcement zones are empty of players. Yesterday I took a trip round all the ports in the gulf of Mexico and I saw very little activity even in the huge green zones Spain and France have there. Which raises another point as to why Spain and France have second green zones that are so large. The British second zone only covers one port, Belize, yet the French and Spanish ones cover 5 ports each.

 

4 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

What I mean is that fighting in reinforcement is risky and I am just diminishing fake belief that there are only seals, because these zones are full of veterans hiding or waiting for hunters to show up. It's people like RideZ trying to play on emotions about "clubbing poor seals"

 

Here is the answer, I don't complain about anything, do I? I just bust a myth about poor reinforcement area full of undefended seals which is a poor myth. About the second green zone of other nations, don't forget British Bugle Cay, Pedro Cay and Bone Cay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jon silver is a good stern camper and is great in his Herc. The guy was going to trounce you no matter what.

He took my connie out in his herc 1v1 too. Im not mad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

There is usually 15-20 of them in 15.5 knots ships shortly after you kill someone, chasing you in fir-fir boats. 

Are you saying that shortly after you club a seal there are 15-20 veterans attacking you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There will, there should be content outside green, I am sure later there will be.

And why it is so bad if a veteran player wants to make a mission on green?  You have to also understand that experienced players may not have ships nor gear. They may need to grind gold or xp. Maybe they lost their ships?  Why it is so bad if they grind back their economy? Like why it should even matter?

I know I know, for many veterans Seal Marks are their bread and butter.

Edited by Cmdr RideZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flinch said:

Jon silver is a good stern camper and is great in his Herc. The guy was going to trounce you no matter what.

He took my connie out in his herc 1v1 too. Im not mad.

Couldn’t care less if he is good, bad or Jesus Christ himself. 

DLC Ships are a joke. Add arcadish stern camping, boarding, mod stacking, ganking and alt accounts no wonder the game is left to a few regular players and their alts. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, William Wade said:

Stern camping has always been very broken mechanic of this game, add DLC ships and now its just epidemic levels. All you see now OW is DLC ships and why not when they can so easily take down a ship of any rate. Just not worth the time to play until DLC ships are nerfed or preferably removed completely.  And what if I had sunk the Herc nothing just renews it again 24 hours later, bloody stupid.

 

Screenshot_12-08-2018_02-38-02.thumb.png.23d2fa0406ded4dd26d1b54763269a86.png

 

 

'...nothing just renews it again 24 hours later, bloody stupid."

In fact he doesn't need to wait 24 hours to redeem another one.

The moment he loses is DLC ship maybe he already have another one  available to redeem or it can be worst and he can use the fleet exploit mechanic and sail with 4 requins or 4 hercules. 

 

The way the redeem should work would be the player to wait another 48 hours AFTER he got sunk . This would help a lot. And of course the fleet exploit needs to be fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×