Game-Labs Forum

Sterncamping realism - possible solution

13 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Whadda ya do when you don't have butt guns and they just camp on your rear end pecking away your butt armor to grape your peeps and to break off your poop mast?

If they in a snow/herc keep your butt upwind that way you can turn in on them and loose a full broadside as they come upwind (really slowly). Also can go backwards as they come to try rake and cut them off with only option  for them to tack back through or run down your broadside. I'm not great at it though, but if you go out in smaller ships you soon find out if they know what they doing, and if spot early enough perhaps escape and leave them be, it's not always a turkey shoot.

One battle i remember was with William Death man he destroyed me  pulling my snow upwind to get to his stern,  before i knew it my poor snow was a canoe. Fighting bigger ships in smaller ones isn't as easy as people who not tried imagine,  biggest mistake people make  in fights are to split when fighting smaller ships,  staying together is best defence in those occasions.

Upwind ships though are a pain, still examining them :D.

Edited by Dibbler

9 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

I'm thinking more of an Essex or LGV that lacks butt guns and doesn't have an exceptional broadside or mobility. 

Go out in small ships and hunt some,  watch what other captains do against you. 

Is how i learn anyway, although i'm no Palatinose i try to learn from fights and you do pick things up.

Many people, myself included often state a case without looking at the other side. Best way is to try and emulate what they doing to yourself and learn from problems you encounter doing it. Also depends on refits/knowledge they running and worth looking after a difficult fight to see what was different about that ship, is all learning and practice.

Edited by Dibbler

6 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

If I did that I'd just get mega-ganked by the ROVER Requin fleet, LeL. 

Aye they a pain :D

In a fast build snow though can outrun them directly with wind, been told taking front mast on req best thing to do but i need more demast practice :D.

Hunting in small ships though is cheap and fun, and is scary when a broadside comes in at your masts lol.  Just try it, isn't as easy as some make it look :).

Edited by Dibbler