Game-Labs Forum

The Tourism Industry of Key West is now Open for Business

Teutonic

1 hour ago, Dibbler said:

Rienforcement zone hunters.

Destroying Naval Actions in game population 1 noob at a time with their OP dlc's.

Well done

It's not really their fault (the hunters).  They are kind of forced to use what's now available and common on the OS.  The sweeteneness is made too attractive to ignore, so mechanics must overcome this, and right now they don't.  Encouraged actually, with such tools as Le Req and Herc. :(

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

You should put some more cannons into market. There are still less than 100k  repairs in shop as well. Tax income went down to 483k yesterday. That's not good. VCO now has a maintenance bill of 1 million per day. And Spain is not willing to take back any of those ports. Work harder to avoid bancrupty, mates.

And not to forget, Islamorada and Manataca are available to conquer as well. We removed timers to make it more convenient for you. 😄

image.thumb.png.89c9329cf40c26a15ade0fc82449f272.png

A Graf and his words...

• Like 1

Laugh.  

Cayo Vacas was requested back today by some Spanish members/clans along with a labor hour decrease at Key West in exchange for paying portions of the maintenance costs.  We decided to accept the offer and will not defend Vacas this evening.  So yes, Spain is now paying us to keep a timer on KW.  

Enjoy the extra 100k Graf  

As usual it seems that the left hand of Spain doesn’t know what the right hand is doing.  Which is kinda how this war got started.  And ever so slowly their members trickle back to Russia.

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Christendom said:

Laugh.  

Cayo Vacas was requested back today by some Spanish members/clans along with a labor hour decrease at Key West in exchange for paying portions of the maintenance costs.  We decided to accept the offer and will not defend Vacas this evening.  So yes, Spain is now paying us to keep a timer on KW.  

Enjoy the extra 100k Graf  

As usual it seems that the left hand of Spain doesn’t know what the right hand is doing.  Which is kinda how this war got started.  And ever so slowly their members trickle back to Russia.

Who exactly requested the port back? just for the record. If id known that yesterday i wouldnt have wasted my time. Last time i checked no one gave a shit about vacas. As a staging point for raiders, KW makes it redundant. As a res or crafting hub its useless due to it being on the fringes of spanish territory. We just wanted to see if vco wanted to/had the nuts to fight in anything other than fir fir speed cappers and dlc ships.

Edited by Potemkin

29 minutes ago, Potemkin said:

Who exactly requested the port back? just for the record. If id known that yesterday i wouldnt have wasted my time. Last time i checked no one gave a shit about vacas. As a staging point for raiders, KW makes it redundant. As a res or crafting hub its useless due to it being on the fringes of spanish territory. We just wanted to see if vco wanted to/had the nuts to fight in anything other than fir fir speed cappers and dlc ships.

Might want to talk to whomever's idea it was to take Vacas back.  We had already discussed giving it up earlier that day.  I did chuckle this morning when I saw that it was 7up who did the grinding though.  Feel free to setup another shallow battle next weekend if you desire to test our grit.  I do seem to remember 2 full fleets inside Key West a couple weeks ago with no fir fir ships in sight.  

1 hour ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

There is no war between Spain and VCO. Nobody cared about you and you wanted to have some attention. But mate, you will never make it into PvP leaderboard if you only show up with an Endymion and get sunk right away. Take some risk. Come with better ships and bring some friends to Spanish reinforcement zone next time. As long as two guys think they can entertain the server you will fail. We won't stop our activities all over the map to kill Christendom.

If nobody had cared then I suppose you wouldn't have attempted to screen us out or attack our ports.  Maybe you do 🙂

Technically I was in a requin yesterday and attempted to get in there to help Amplify......but an 8 on 2 was not in the cards.  Actually at the time you showed up in that battle I was #2 on the leaderboard for that morning.  But when have you ever been good with facts 🙂

57 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

The thing is that this game became so boring that some people really use each chance for a fight. And I get that there are some people who want to fight you. But Amplify? Who could be soooooo mean to fight this guy?

Right after maintenance it is quit easy to get a top rank on the leaderboard. You never managed to stay there after the real pvp players came online.

Hey you guys sunk Amp.  And actually it was more like prime time for EU and late morning for me, but who's counting    :-).  Sink a few traders and a frigate or 2 and my daily dose of marks is met.  EZ PZ

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ketunpoika said:

Stop over compensating.  

2 hours ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

I won't believe that someone could be so nasty to shoot on Amplify. He must have done a bad turn and capsized.

That's exactly why I'm a bit angry on you. At least you should sink Oceans and Bellonas since I craft them. Since you captured Key West demand for such ships collapsed. Also cannon demand went back. People are too busy sinking you now, they don't go and get sunk anymore. How do I deserve such a bad treatment. Haven't I always been friendly to you? 🤔

From now on I forbid you to sink cheap shop ships.

Zero Christendom's have sunk outside La Habana as of yet.  Just saying.   😕

Sinking bellonas and oceans is no fun.  Sinking 7up traders full of 5k white oak and fir is.  Sorry Krautz  😞

Edited by Christendom

5 hours ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

There is no war between Spain and VCO. Nobody cared about you and you wanted to have some attention. But mate, you will never make it into PvP leaderboard if you only show up with an Endymion and get sunk right away. Take some risk. Come with better ships and bring some friends to Spanish reinforcement zone next time. As long as two guys think they can entertain the server you will fail. We won't stop our activities all over the map to kill Christendom.

🤔

14 hours ago, Christendom said:

Stop over compensating.  

Zero Christendom's have sunk outside La Habana as of yet.  Just saying.   😕

Sinking bellonas and oceans is no fun.  Sinking 7up traders full of 5k white oak and fir is.  Sorry Krautz  😞

huh...o.0 ...sinking amp o.0 ?

who did that? ,who did it ?

that was our oak ! (*&^%$**)

2 hours ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

Why can't you confess that you sink in La Habanna safe zone as well? I was in a battle when it happened with your Endy. Spaniards sink a lot in French or Swedish safe zones. But we sink a lot of French and Swedes as well, and no traders with a few logs in, but lineships. By the way, do you have so few white oak that you overestimate the value of this log so badly? Western part of the map has way more white oak than needed. Krautz cargo had maybe a value of 600k. That's half of the amount of money you have to pay every day for maintenance. Key West was the port of Krautz old clan. He safed at least 10 times as much money by not paying for a timer than he lost with this attack. Pretty good deal - for him. While you sunk one o7 trader 20 traders passed Key West without seeing a single enemy but with cargo for millions in hold.

Problem of VCO is not that your ships get sunk. Problem is that your clan is too weak to fight the other night crews on the server. Imagine you could defeat WO, BLANC or UWS one day. How would your importance rise in Naval Action political system. You would be a sought after allied for every nation, which has to fight the french night flippers. But because of the weakness of your clan you cannot rule as the King of the Night but must serve as the Drama Queen of Key West. 😂

You do realize that was amplify you sunk right?  I was on the requin.  You’re getting old and senile graf.  Or is it the bath salts again.    

WO/Blanc/UWS is the largest block of nighttime RVR players and we cannot match their numbers or skill.  Rax knew what he was doing when he jumped ship over there.  Prior to him joining their weakness was being multi flipped, if coordinated correctly.  Now they can defend multiple ports a night if they do choose.  We can’t compete, so we don’t.

But really you mistake my intentions.  I’m not trying to become the King of night time RVR or a sought after ally.  Frankly I’d prefer to own zero ports and have zero allies, but unfortunately the game necessitates both.  Our aim in going pirate was to simply PvP more and assist the other pirates with RVR goals and sink a lot of people.  Then you, or really JAGs, had to go pissing us off.  Spain has since been punished for it and we’re enjoying our new vacation home in Key West.  Not only did we take the port off you we now have Spanish clans paying the timers on it for us and meanwhile 7ups port bill just got higher.  Smells like victory to me.   

I like you Graf, but I feel like you’re cracking.  

2 hours ago, Louis Garneray said:

Sinking enemies in safe zone isn't quite extraordinary. It's just the proof than your nation is able to muster enough people to get out of their home port and fight a little.
Sinking enemies is not much since a captain only need to tp to the nearest home port to get back to fight.

Graf doesn't really know how to PVP.  He doesn't solo and he doesn't go out in anything small.

He usually goes out in a group of bellonas or higher, sinks a small fleet or 2 and either sails or is sent home.  This to me isn't PVP and it's not something I find particularly thrilling.  I don't really begrudge the players who do, but this notion that they're "Real PVPers" amuses me.  Everyone seems to do it I guess.  It's just organized sinking of coast guard noobs.  To each his own I suppose.  

This weekend I was in the requin outside Mariel and tagged an LGV in.  He used the AI reinforce, which was a brig (laugh..) and I assume called for help in nation.  Boarded him quickly and as I was doing so a Herc joined and tried to break us up.  Herc failed, I got the LGV and then about 7-8 other players joined in various spots.  Decided to yolo and boarded the herc really quick and then had to wade through a few ships to get out.  One lucky demast or a really good chain and I would of been sunk.  I find this type of PVP far more thrilling and enjoyable.  But it won't get you to #1 on the leaderboard (not that I see Graf on there often).  The requin might be OP still, but it sure is fun. 

My point in all this being that folks think the leaderboard and sinking mass quantities of seals is the end all be all of PVP.  These types of players whine about the safe zones because their style of play is ruined.  I love the safe zones.  I find knowing where to gank, where the gaps are, how to position before joining so you can leave with the wind, best way to pit each ship for rage boarding......I find these far more skillful and difficult than sinking a bunch of frigates while in bellonas outside KPR.  But maybe that's just me.

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Christendom said:

Graf doesn't really know how to PVP.  He doesn't solo and he doesn't go out in anything small.

He usually goes out in a group of bellonas or higher, sinks a small fleet or 2 and either sails or is sent home.  This to me isn't PVP and it's not something I find particularly thrilling.  I don't really begrudge the players who do, but this notion that they're "Real PVPers" amuses me.  Everyone seems to do it I guess.  It's just organized sinking of coast guard noobs.  To each his own I suppose.  

This weekend I was in the requin outside Mariel and tagged an LGV in.  He used the AI reinforce, which was a brig (laugh..) and I assume called for help in nation.  Boarded him quickly and as I was doing so a Herc joined and tried to break us up.  Herc failed, I got the LGV and then about 7-8 other players joined in various spots.  Decided to yolo and boarded the herc really quick and then had to wade through a few ships to get out.  One lucky demast or a really good chain and I would of been sunk.  I find this type of PVP far more thrilling and enjoyable.  But it won't get you to #1 on the leaderboard (not that I see Graf on there often).  The requin might be OP still, but it sure is fun. 

My point in all this being that folks think the leaderboard and sinking mass quantities of seals is the end all be all of PVP.  These types of players whine about the safe zones because their style of play is ruined.  I love the safe zones.  I find knowing where to gank, where the gaps are, how to position before joining so you can leave with the wind, best way to pit each ship for rage boarding......I find these far more skillful and difficult than sinking a bunch of frigates while in bellonas outside KPR.  But maybe that's just me.

So hunt traders is your idea of good PvP?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, staun said:

So hunt traders is your idea of good PvP?

You mean hunting traders while dodging a 8v1 in a battle?  Yes.  And even historically accurate for this game.  Privateering is PVP.

I find sitting off KPR in 6 bellonas while waiting or the brits to assemble enough frigates for you to slaughter to be lazy.  Perhaps is this game and it's players focused more on the small ship actions and not hyper unrealistic battles with endless repairs it would perhaps be in a better place and far more accommodating.

2 hours ago, Christendom said:

You mean hunting traders while dodging a 8v1 in a battle?  Yes.  And even historically accurate for this game.  Privateering is PVP.

I find sitting off KPR in 6 bellonas while waiting or the brits to assemble enough frigates for you to slaughter to be lazy.  Perhaps is this game and it's players focused more on the small ship actions and not hyper unrealistic battles with endless repairs it would perhaps be in a better place and far more accommodating.

I know oure timezones gives different opertunities. But look at @Captain Reversestream from yesterday. 

So how was my day yesterday.

Was short on early morning, chased of a Reguin, that had attacked a trader. Logged of.

Logged in: 6 BF in area of Amalienborg. We where player online , so we went out to fight them. Was a 6vs6. Different sizes ships. But a balanced fight, with a smal advantage for us. But they didn’t run and we had a fun fight.

Bf came back to Pick a fight with the polish. They where in first rates and some 3 rate. We helped the polish, and was doubke there numbers. But an even fight. Think the loses in ships was the same.

Ended the day when we went for the patrol area. Joined some pirates that was outnumbred agsinst Sweden. Got killed fast(was on the 12 beer, didn’t help the skill of s poor player)

But yes Hunt in a requin and Dodge a revenge fleet is more fun.

Edited by staun
  • Like 1