Game-Labs Forum

Alt Farming at Dariena

Pretty skilled dude down there at Dariena getting lots of kills on swedes. 

6 kills over the course of 27 minutes 3 of which happened within 6 minutes of each other. Unless these swedes are immediately surrendering this would be nigh impossible.

Zelig 1.png

Zelig 2.png

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

Pretty skilled dude down there at Dariena getting lots of kills on swedes. 

6 kills over the course of 27 minutes 3 of which happened within 6 minutes of each other. Unless these swedes are immediately surrendering this would be nigh impossible.

Zelig 1.png

Zelig 2.png

ZeligAltFarming.thumb.png.d7c334eda5b46914695ba35aa0135079.pngZeligAltFarming2.png.52c47f3090daa61f650790354b319dee.png

Too odd really. Probably should be looked into.

Edited by Davos Seaworth
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Funny how farming alts wasn't a problem prior to PVP marks.  To cure the problem you attack the source.  Get rid of marks please.

That's a silly solution. Remove reward for kills in pvp because people cheat?.

29 minutes ago, Po Tsai said:

That's a silly solution. Remove reward for kills in pvp because people cheat?.

I preferred the days when ships were taken as prizes.  Marks are and will always be a lazy solution to increase PVP.  Having exclusive items bought only with a marks system will always make players bend the rules to get them.  

Treat the disease. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Christendom said:

I preferred the days when ships were taken as prizes.  Marks are and will always be a lazy solution to increase PVP.  Having exclusive items bought only with a marks system will always make players bend the rules to get them.  

Treat the disease. 

It wouldn't work even if ships were actually worth taken, or cargo for that matter. 

Take dutch for example, no free ports nearby. Takes me a good while to get there, after i defeat a player there I can expect several dutch ships waiting. Not a good time seize cargo or ship. 

Even if no enemies around after the 1st "kill", i have to return a friendly port with the captured ship/cargo?. Meaning sailing time - find enemy - defeat enemy - take ship/cargo - return home.

2 hours ago, Christendom said:

Funny how farming alts wasn't a problem prior to PVP marks.  To cure the problem you attack the source.  Get rid of marks please.

it was a problem before marks. you just didn't notice because there was no combat news feed. people grinded alts to level up to max level. being a former SORRY member you should know this. this guy is not farming marks. he is farming ship XP for the herc. if he was farming pvp marks it would do no good to kill a recently killed player. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Otto Kohl said:

One is enough. He just surrenders in battle, sinks the ship, get the marks and do it again. When you surrender in battle you dont recieve recently killed mark.

I did not know that. So this is a broken mechanic, should be fixed, surrender equals recently kill. @adminneeds a fix? 

8 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

I did not know that. So this is a broken mechanic, should be fixed, surrender equals recently kill. @adminneeds a fix? 

well ...we have the following issues :

- le reqiun , the Hercules, the trade, alt farming, cheaters, and many more issue s,  that needs all a hotfix . in this stage is a broken game for sure 

but what can we do about it , its all exploited by everybody as long as we all play it...

It is really heart breaking, they released those broken p2w ships. Hot fix is a step but I belive it is not enough. 

We love this game, ready to support with paint, flag, admirality like dlc. 

Now the game is even more broken. They have great game, they also have great wrong decisions. So sad... 

• 2 weeks later...