Game-Labs Forum

Monthly Duel Room Cry!

http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/26505-we-duel-tournament-a-doubled-edged-sword-or-the-birth-of-a-legend/

@HachiRoku

Well you’ll have a w/e thingy tournament to tide you over after the next patch is delivered...

Guessing on when that delivery is you’ll probably be sailing a Dreadnaught its taking that long to roll out...

Norfolk

6 minutes ago, Christendom said:

there will be a DLC for it.  And besides, William Death will beat you not matter how many times you feign "packet loss".  kek.

you know he was loosing right? I pointed it out to him while winning. Good to know he told you that lol 

@William Death are you going around telling people you won after that performance of yours? 

Edited by HachiRoku

3 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

you know he was loosing right? I pointed it out to him while winning. Good to know he told you that lol 

@William Death are you going around telling people you won after that performance of yours? 

Nope. As I recall, we called it a draw. Yes you were beating me up pretty good, nearly sunk me at one point, and would have too if I hadn't chained you a few minutes prior. But since I did, even though I only had 70% sails, I was able to gain ground, repair, and move back into the fight. As you'll recall, I kept on your leeward side (your strong side) and pushed you upwind, held you there, and pounded that side till it was weak. When you reversed into irons you said you had connection issues so we called it a draw. Regardless, by the time you had connection issues, the duel was mine. Double shot loaded, spun around to your weak side as you were in irons, I had another repair going, GG. Take a look at my HP in the screenshot after that repair was done. I had a nearly full health ship again, while you were at 50% sails with 20% HP one side and 30% on the other. So no, I didn't win outright. We called it a draw and I'm careful to state that every time it comes up. However, at the point we called it a draw, I feel confident I would have won if you had been able to keep fighting...guess there's no way to know for sure though. 

D333E98AF711BB75479CAAF4641E9CC1E536C730

Anyways, we can duel again whenever. But at some point, I want to do a duel with you on my turf (first rate duel) ;)

EDIT: and yes, bring back duel room please!

Edited by William Death

21 minutes ago, William Death said:

When you reversed into irons you said you had connection issues so we called it a draw.

this is not true at all. I said I had connection issues when I was upwind hugging you. I had more armour and more sails at the time. My intention was going to be forcing your carros to overshoot. I never once got stuck in irons. It was you that got yourself stuck in irons multiple times...

I love the way you consider it a victory and even screenshot it. You were loosing in every way possible. Never had the wind and never dictated anything. I controlled every step of that and you call it a victory? Jesus. Christ... You even post a screenshot of you sinking a ship that was not playing for five minutes +.

You know what the outcome of that fight as much as I. You never had your ship under control and only got as far as you did with all the meta tank mods. In the end you would have lost so delete the screenshot because I'm not posting the screenshots of you begging me to let your 4-5 endy go after I crushed you. 

I am completely shocked you post and keep a screenshot of a person that was not playing omfg..... You even bragged about it to @Christendom lol 

You know where I am and you have already refused to redo the battle. The rest of the dueling community knows I don't make up random nonsense and accept a defeat when it happens. 

Thanks man you made my day. See you at open sea because I doubt you will have the balls to redo that. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

this is not true at all. I said I had connection issues when I was upwind hugging you. I had more armour and more sails at the time. My intention was going to be forcing your carros to overshoot. I never once got stuck in irons. It was you that got yourself stuck in irons multiple times...

I love the way you consider it a victory and even screenshot it. You were loosing in every way possible. Never had the wind and never dictated anything. I controlled every step of that and you call it a victory? Jesus. Christ... You even post a screenshot of you sinking a ship that was not playing for five minutes +.

You know what the outcome of that fight as much as I. You never had your ship under control and only got as far as you did with all the meta tank mods. In the end you would have lost so delete the screenshot because I'm not posting the screenshots of you begging me to let your 4-5 endy go after I crushed you. 

I am completely shocked you post and keep a screenshot of a person that was not playing omfg..... You even bragged about it to @Christendom lol 

You know where I am and you have already refused to redo the battle. The rest of the dueling community knows I don't make up random nonsense and accept a defeat when it happens. 

Thanks man you made my day. See you at open sea because I doubt you will have the balls to redo that. 

Ok, again, I didn't win. You didn't win. Where is the disagreement? The duel didn't come to a conclusion. Again I say, I think I would have won at the point we called it a draw (because you had connection issues). You think you still would have won. You may have. I may have. We'll never know. 

Regarding wind and dictating the fight. Recall that I did take the wind from you at least once. I couldn't keep it (slow ship and all that). But I didn't need it either. My "meta tank mods" were what I was relying on to give me an edge against your faster lighter "I'll steal your wind and dictate the fight" build. And it worked: superior HP and thickness allowed me to bounce more, and tank more when I couldn't bounce. I'm happy with that build. You don't like it, I get it. It doesn't fit your playstyle. But it works for me. You've got your own "meta mods" just as I've got mine. 

Don't say I didn't have my ship under control, I most certainly did. It did exactly what I wanted it to do in that fight.

Neither of us got "stuck in irons," don't misinterpret what I wrote. I said I pushed you upwind, which I did. And you reversed out of it. Lovely. Proper manual sailing there. Good job. My slower, tankier ship requires me to reverse almost every time I started a tack after you chained me. All good. Proper manual sailing. I should sincerely hope that neither one of us here is a noob that can't manual sail. I loused up a tack once (changed my mind halfway through), but it worked out for the better anyways since I got another broadside into you.

Refused to do a redo? I said in my first reply to your post I'll do a redo of that duel sometime. And I'd also like a first rate duel with you. But you messaged me on Steam, asked me if I wanted to duel, I said no I couldn't do it right then, I was busy. That doesn't equal refusing to duel you. Just that I couldn't do the duel right then. Sorry that a redo of a duel with you is not more important to me than pre-planned activities with my clan. Don't worry though, I log into NA quite often, I'm sure at some point we'll both be on at the same time and be able to duel. 

Yes I did ask you to let my 4/5 Endy go, and you did. For that I am grateful. I've got the screenshot of that too. I "bragged" about that to Christendom (and everyone else in our discord) too. I said something like "Here, look, I fought Hachi and lost, gonna have to make a dueling build for a proper duel with him sometime: keep an eye out for 4/5 or 5/5 teak/wo Trincs please." 

I screenshot almost every battle that is even close to being an even fight, out of habit. Whether I win or lose, its important to have a record of it.

Here you go, I'm not hiding from it. I feel no shame losing this fight (failfit speed Endy vs a proper Trinc). And no, I'm not telling anyone you ran away or anything like that. I just stayed in battle to let my repair finish and thats when I remembered to grab a screenshot. You beat me soundly in this fight.

A071E04E3856F0CCC8C12CF31FBEB669A76CB27E

See, this is my problem with how they want to implement duels: Use your own ships with shiploss. That will lead to a ton of kiting in order to not lose that one Shiny Gold super modded duel ship.

And people will claim succesful draws by running (dont think thats the Case in this duel here tho)

Duel should be: 1:1 same conditions, same ships / upgrades, no ship loss. One winner. No draws.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Liq said:

See, this is my problem with how they want to implement duels: Use your own ships with shiploss. That will lead to a ton of kiting in order to not lose that one Shiny Gold super modded duel ship.

And people will claim succesful draws by running (dont think thats the Case in this duel here tho)

Duel should be: 1:1 same conditions, same ships / upgrades, no ship loss. One winner. No draws.

I mention about doing this.  And this is from some one that hates the concept of a duel room i this type of game.  Though I would call that more a training room.  Can set the ships up how each would sale and test in a no risk eviroment.  Keep the high risk duel rooms with pots/pools both can put into and the Uber takes all.

• Like 2

It seems @admin wants a Tournament style rather than individual duel rooms [DR]. This makes sense from a PvP out of game sales pitch or PC retention mechanic. Where the old style [DR]s were quiet affairs with no details whether training or (jumping with fleet across the map, you guys remember that one, sling shot?) otherwise.

Tournament Needs Players...

As I’ve mentioned above in my link, using your own ship won’t get players to enter (apart from @HachiRoku and @William Death). Why would a noob or average player enter when knowing he’s up against an [ELITE] ego with all the Books, toys, whistles and bells? ... no Chance...

[GL] Tournament Time Management...

I loved NA-L, and the weekend tournaments. My worry is how much time will @admin allocate out to it from his very small Dev team? Major NA-OW mechanics are due like UI, Partial Material Wipe with Blue Print rework and a Currency rollout that then beds in with HOTFIXs. That looks like a lot of work to implement and bed down IMHO with a small team.

Keep It Simple Stupid...

[GL] Controlled Ships and load out to start with. This until everything is bed down have [GL] keep strict control to reduce time on the duels. [GL] offers a choice of 3 rates and the proper NA-OW ship model with Frame and Trim. Cannons and Repair kits already fitted.  Like the Cerberus used in NA-L first off.

Captain skills and Permeant Mods are disabled, but Officer PERKs will be the only difference between the two ships. If you want a risk or burn factor than have an entry fee, winner takes all plus [GL] chucks in some BLING also?

This is low touch while having the ability to advertise the PvP element. League table and POST Battle reports to be accessed by all. I’d like to see this on an Out of Game viewer that builds into the PCs Duel history via API. Later on, then start introducing ship risk mix...

Norfolk.

Edited by Norfolk nChance
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Liq said:

This would be awesome. It would  also allow people to learn without mods ruining it all.

• Like 2