Game-Labs Forum

Stop surrender abuse

16 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Wrong if you kill a ship you get marks period no matter what the ship is.   I have had fought off and killed solo payers tryign to get my goods.   Why should i not be worth the marks if I had been war ships instead?  The problem is most of the trade runners don't fight back, they give up once tagged. I lost ships and I won ships and I gotten out of a fight until reenforcement could join.  All these battles should be rewarding all involved the same way no matter if your in a war ship or trade ship.  I have dummped multi million dollar cargos cause I was hunting be hind enemy lines.  In RL they didn't always bring the prize or ship back, they took what they wanted and than scuttled the rest.  To me sinking an enemy trade ships hurts there economy which is what you do in wards.  I should not be forced to only take the ship or cargo as my reward.  If I don't want them than I should still get rewarded the same for sinking that ship.

Oh and I solo hunt behind enemy lines with a LGV Refit with a Reno in fleet.  I'm going after lone traders or even groups of them cause 9 times out of 10 they don't have any guns on them.  Yes I"m in an LGV Refit for two reasons.  To duck into a port i f I need to and if the cargo is worth taking I can quickly sale it off in port or stash it some where for later transfer back to safer waters.  I bet if some one is smart about it they prob can hunt in a normal LGV (Indimans are just to slugish and slow to be good hunters).

That just makes you a bully. Trader ship captains never get any rewards. If they manage to escape their only reward is they get to keep their stuff. If you cattthem, you get all their stuff plus’s PvP marks, experience, and gold. System is broken and against traders

25 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

That just makes you a bully. Trader ship captains never get any rewards. If they manage to escape their only reward is they get to keep their stuff. If you cattthem, you get all their stuff plus’s PvP marks, experience, and gold. System is broken and against traders

How does that make you a bully? 

You do know that if they actually put cannons on those four Indiamans (which are 18 lbs) that is a Broad side weight of over 1000 pbs.  AI has unlimited chain shots, you will rip some one sails down in now time.  If you actually built your ship to fight back and not Fir Fir you can have the sales down of a solo hunter in no time, push them into the wind and board them.  I run all my trade ships board fitted for that reason.   Stop being a victem  and you might actually live and win fights. Most the time that hunter will make a run for it if he doesn't have an easy target.   There will be some other guy running with no guns.   Your reward is you payment at the end of your run and well if you sink that hunter than you get the reward.  Again stop being the victem and fight back.

And you do understand the LGV refit is a trade ship right?  

• Like 1

Surrender is realistic. In real life the pirates had no piety for those that didn't surrender, even some pirate flags had the image of the hourglass, meant that your time was ending if you didn't surrender at once.

• Like 1

PFFFFF traders get no rewards, traders are just big targets. Use your cannons and learn to pvp. Indiaman is one of the most op 5th rates use it right. # INDIAMAN REFIT!

PS. don't get me started on the lgv refit

28A2323B54833C3D7F84B5B00860E545F6DD5820

A56505440E2CBD67256B141DF390D8550DE6BA4E

Edited by Aster
  • Like 2

Look, when hunting traders for easy PvP marks you are definitely being a bully. I don’t care who you are or what Nation you sail for. 999 times out of 1000 the trader, armed or not, will lose. Even if the trader manages to escape THEY GET NOTHING. If a trader ship manages to escape maybe they should get the PvP marks that you would have got if you sank it.

until that, if you tag me in a trader and I can’t get away, I will dump my cargo and surrender. I want you to get the least reward possible for being s bully.

I have been thinking lately that I will take my Hercules and hunt traders because everyone else is doing it and getting PvP marks. But no, I am not going after easy PvP marks. To get better at this game I want to earn them.

Before you cry Pirates were real, remember they sailed in small ships not Frigates.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

You sink a trader and get 5 pvp marks. What if you bring it to your admirality and return the ship, you will get 2x or 3x of 5 pvp marks. Can be a nice addition. 

What I'd like to see...

Reduction of PVP marks awarded for sinking a a trader. Bonus PVP marks (like 2-3x PVP marks) for taking the prize to your country's capital and turning it over to the admiralty.

Also no more magic wallet for mods.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Old Crusty said:

Look, when hunting traders for easy PvP marks you are definitely being a bully. I don’t care who you are or what Nation you sail for. 999 times out of 1000 the trader, armed or not, will lose. Even if the trader manages to escape THEY GET NOTHING. If a trader ship manages to escape maybe they should get the PvP marks that you would have got if you sank it.

until that, if you tag me in a trader and I can’t get away, I will dump my cargo and surrender. I want you to get the least reward possible for being s bully.

I have been thinking lately that I will take my Hercules and hunt traders because everyone else is doing it and getting PvP marks. But no, I am not going after easy PvP marks. To get better at this game I want to earn them.

Before you cry Pirates were real, remember they sailed in small ships not Frigates.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privateer

04688B48-9AE2-46B8-88DC-D2DD53D176F5.jpeg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

...To duck into a port if I need to and if the cargo is worth taking I can quickly sale it off in port or stash it some where for later transfer back to safer waters....

The cargo is often not profitable enough and needs much more hassle than just taking PvP marks.

Your playstyle, I know many will disagree with this, but I think it should be strongly in the game. The cargo you capture should be a lot more rewarding than taking PvP marks.

I am actually on your side Sir Texas Sir.

Could also be so that you cannot dump cargo instantly but instead a certain percentage of weight is dumped per second.

Traders could be worth 1 PvP mark but not sure.  In the end PvP marks have really high value anyway.

PvP marks have high value because those are rare enough vs goods you can buy.

I know people who rather spend 50 PvP marks to buy a new Bellona than trade/craft it. Rather pay 5m from a ship than trade and craft? This should be pretty damn clear indicator that economy is super heavy. Plus the fact that players love DLC ships, made Naval ACTION and fun.

If economy is made lighter people start to craft more ships. This in theory should make PvP marks cheaper and crafting goods to be more wanted and so more valuable.

PvP marks also directly skip; capture a port and build your ship yard, transporting goods, etc.

They could try it so that all PvP mark ships are always standard 3/5. This way crafting, RvR, capturing port, trading, etc. will stay very competitive vs PvP marks. Economy could also be a bit lighter, more playable.

20 hours ago, Aster said:

PFFFFF traders get no rewards, traders are just big targets. Use your cannons and learn to pvp. Indiaman is one of the most op 5th rates use it right. # INDIAMAN REFIT!

PS. don't get me started on the lgv refit

It does need a refit and now that it has been moved to 5th rate spot it's more classed with those ships. Yes against a 4th rate it's out classed, but against a 5th rate and if you have a fleet of them those 18 pdrs can do some damage, but hay you have to put guns on the ship first.

17 hours ago, Old Crusty said:

First all I don't think you understand the meaning of what a Bully is.   In this case the only way you could be bully if you let them and of course don't put guns on your ship.

bul·ly1
ˈbo͝olē/
noun
  1. 1.
    a person who uses strength or power to harm or intimidate those who are weaker.
    synonyms: persecutor, oppressor, tyrant, tormentor, intimidator; More

verb

1. 1.
    use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants.
    "a local man was bullied into helping them"

Lets take a look at the Indiaman:  380 crew 28 guns 225 Broad side 5000 Side Armor
    Now for some 5th        Cerberus:  195 crew 26 guns 117 Broad side 3370 Side Armor
                                            Frigate:     280 crew 38 guns 270 Broad Side 3910 Side Armor
                                           Surprise:  240 Crew 38 guns 150 broad side 3432 side armor
                                           Renommee 240 crew 30 guns 129 broad side 3633 side armor

It's not until you get into the Edymion that has the same HPs as the Imnad and most of these ships other than the Frigate and above have the same broad side. So you choise to be the weaker target by making a fir/fir trade ships and carrying no guns. In a 1 vs 2+ you should be able to beat the average 5th rate with a group of trade ships.   You set AI to shot endless chain shot until they have no sails, push them into the wind and board them or just sink them.   Every one of my trade ships are set board fit to fight (well not the shallow stuff they are just made to run).   My main ship is normally Cedar/Teak not fir fir...the AI ships I tend to only make as Fir/fri cause they are throw away ships.  I turn and fight with the main while the fir ships escape.  I drove off players, sunk some players and well lost too.  I don't instantly surrender and give up my goods.  If they want them they are going have to fight for them.

Disclaimer LO/WO Indiaman suck though....they just to slow and slugish lol
Edited by Sir Texas Sir

That’s all fine for Indiaman, but so much of the trade is done in shallow water and that is where I find that most traders are being attacked. In the shallows, traders have no chance. When you are out in your LGV refit I am sure it is not Indiaman you are hunting.

• Like 1